how to program a sevcon gen4

h0tr0d said:
Doctorbass said:
I have attached the DCF file i rebuilt for you guys!

Doc,

A few questions, according to the DVT sw:
1 - Why is the "Battery Current Limit Data Source" disabled in the "Master Battery Current limit parameters"?
Set up like that you don't have any current limit, at all! I guess the controller will pump 660A from 0 to 6000 rpm, the rev limiter you have.
(the torque curve is irrelevant if you have this set to disable, IMO)

It is not disabled.. i confirm that the torque curve i get is the same exact torque i feel on the motorcycle. I also see the max current in real time on the cycle analyst and it correspond to the curve

2 - Max allowable motor temp to 195 ºC?.. Well that's the limit for the new 75R motor i think.. that new improved motor mad efo rthe SR in 2014

3 - why do write 195 Nm if the motor will only produce 165 @ 660A?
Not sure about this one.. maybe consider reading the sevcon application note document availlabel on the web. All answers are there :wink:
Doc

Hi all

Does anyone have a copy of the DVT software they could share with me? I have the original IXXAT interface so I would be after the original version.

Thanks

When the controller gets stuck in preop what do you guys do?

Do you use any of this commands?

get_operational
sdo_abort_decode
check_duplicate_cobids

is_node_present
nodes_detected

login
fpo preop
fpo op

Still no luck :cry:

Looking at this, any advice??
Thanks!

GOVECS1.JPG
GOVECS2.JPG
GOVECS3.JPG
GOVECS4.JPG
GOVECS5.JPG
GOVECS6.JPG

updating the thread, since people can't figure it out after things moved on the Heinzmann site

Go here:
http://www.heinzmann.com/en/download-electric-motors/documents-software
Then navigate the tree to "Motor Controllers", then "Software" then "Sevcon Software" and click on "Sevcon Install".

You will need to login with
Username : software
Password : perm-motor2010

frodus said:
updating the thread, since people can't figure it out after things moved on the Heinzmann site

Go here:
http://www.heinzmann.com/en/download-electric-motors/documents-software
Then navigate the tree to "Motor Controllers", then "Software" then "Sevcon Software" and click on "Sevcon Install".

You will need to login with
Username : software
Password : perm-motor2010
It asks for a licence when opening the DVT software is there a licence? Or do we just ignore that?

Arlo1 said:
It asks for a licence when opening the DVT software is there a licence? Or do we just ignore that?

Just write an email to the address in the popup with your identifier - the license file will come as an automatically generated response.

exco said:
Arlo1 said:

Just write an email to the address in the popup with your identifier - the license file will come as an automatically generated response.
How long does it take. I tried 2 times the first time I used the word activate in the subject line and it sent a email back saying undeliverable with some jargon in the email it self. But nothing looks like a .lic file. Then I tried again with no subject and just the identifier in the email it self and its been a while but is it supposed to be instantly or does someone actually read it?

Lol so.....

Could someone provide a copy of the SCWiz motor categorizing software?

I have DVT all set up, but I do appreciate an "auto-discover" ability that a few other controller manufacturers provide.

Its my understanding that Sevcon does not officially support SCWiz anymore...

Spent a little time on this lately :) Just about there. I am planning for my own controller design for this in the future but this is a start for my friend Brad I am setting up a power train for his electric drag bike. It will weigh 430lbs with rider and gear. Its a stretched RZ350 Yamaha. Should be able to get into the low tens with this setup in the 1/4
[youtube]3eL0EMFPnVw[/youtube]

[youtube]-Eghh0mHdx8[/youtube]

Awsome work Arlo!

So Terry is no more the only guy that used dual controller on that 75-7 ! :wink:

I still have one spare 75-7 and size 4 too.. that's good to see that dual size 4 could do above 80hp at the Wheel!.. But now dual size 6 !! holy shit!! :twisted:

Doc

I think 2 size 6s all be pretty much max. I'm now making 84hp and showing 70% efficiency at the peak HP. So there is room for more..
Remember this is total system efficiency which incl the losses of the tire chain etc. Once we get to around 45-50% at the wheel we will be at the limit!!!

Good work Arlo.
Interesting you mention grounding problems resulting in encoder faults, it might explain some of the problems I've been having.

So good to have a Dyno for testing with. So forgive me for not going back and reading your earlier work, but are you just putting the phase output wires from the controller in parallel and hooking them up to the motor?

Explained quickly the zero motor is wound as 2 separate sections in side like having 2 separate motors in one case. But the phases are crimped together inside. So when you want to run separate controllers you open it up and split the windings. :)

Are the two sets of windings on the same or alternating teeth, or really completely separated ? Wasnt the zero motor a double axial flux motor ? Just wondering whether the Sevcons have a setting to let them know there's multiple controllers driving the same magnetically coupled windings ?

Lebowski said:
Are the two sets of windings on the same or alternating teeth, or really completely separated ? Wasnt the zero motor a double axial flux motor ? Just wondering whether the Sevcons have a setting to let them know there's multiple controllers driving the same magnetically coupled windings ?

I think that when you refer to the double axial motor , you talk about the older 2012 motor, The Motenergy ME0913.... But since 2013 the new motor designed specially By Zero is radial flux inrunner and even the new 2016 motor have the magnets inside the rotor and using magnetic path insteaf of the 2013 to 2015 witch are using magnet on the outer section o fthe diameter of the rotor.

I think you will find really interesting the video that Ryan did to explain the Zero motor evolution!

http://livestream.com/accounts/14139273/events/4534534

Doc

Lebowski said:
Zero motors are inner runners.
And I think its windings for 1/2 the motor per set of phase wires. I had to set the sevcon up in a master slave configuration but each controller has its own current control and each controller is hooked to the same UVW sensor. I had major help from Ryan on this as well. So I need to give credit where it is due as well as a huge thanks for the effort and time he put into this.

Arlo1 said:
Lebowski said:
Zero motors are inner runners.
And I think its windings for 1/2 the motor per set of phase wires. I had to set the sevcon up in a master slave configuration but each controller has its own current control and each controller is hooked to the same UVW sensor. I had major help from Ryan on this as well. So I need to give credit where it is due as well as a huge thanks for the effort and time he put into this.

Ah i was sure from the sound of these motor in your video that these was square wave!... so you are using these UVW sensor we both know right? :wink:

I know this is apparently teh only way to connect two controllers to teh same motor... the SIN/COS does not work for some reason in this configuration..

Arlo, please get these "Sleeper Cells" Lipo and rediscover E-drag racing!!!
http://www.ampahaulic.com/

Doc

Doctorbass said:
Ah i was sure from the sound of these motor in your video that these was square wave!... so you are using these UVW sensor we both know right? :wink:

I know this is apparently teh only way to connect two controllers to teh same motor... the SIN/COS does not work for some reason in this configuration..

Arlo, please get these "Sleeper Cells" Lipo and rediscover E-drag racing!!!
http://www.ampahaulic.com/

Doc
Yes. Its the RLS UVW you helped me get.
Sine/Cosine wont work because of ground offsets with inductance in the wires.
Kalen is working on a isolated output to split the signals for the sine/cosine in a clean manner to solve this.

how does the 75-7 run on 2 controllers? can the be setup as a 3 phase and a six phase motor?

i didnt think this was possible to do..

can anyone elaborate?

with the hubmonster 6 phase motor i have, i wire once controller and set of halls to one controller and same with the second controller...

i then parrallel the negative battery terminals and wire the throttle to the master controller and slave only the signal wire from controller one to control 2

-steveo

Steveo I already answered this look up^^^^

Arlo1 said:
Explained quickly the zero motor is wound as 2 separate sections in side like having 2 separate motors in one case. But the phases are crimped together inside. So when you want to run separate controllers you open it up and split the windings. :)

That's cool! So since the mass of copper is no different, I can only assume the high power is possible for a shorter duration?

Back