DIY Boosted inspired electric longboard

How much thread was left on hangers with 6mm spacers?

Those motor mounts are the best i have seen here!, would sell very well ?

Are you going to try the VESC's

randyc1 said:
How much thread was left on hangers with 6mm spacers?

Those motor mounts are the best i have seen here!, would sell very well ?

Are you going to try the VESC's

Let's say that just enough :p Axle nut plastic locking ring touches thread end and the end of axle is flush fitted with wheel nut. Also added thread locker to prevent it from getting loose, seems to work fine. I must admit that there is one problem with the mounts support bar, leaves tend to get stuck there (I left about 1mm clearance). I got few similar questions about mounts, but unfortunately for this moment I don't have time and resources to start any kind of production.

Two VESC should be on their way to me to be used in Electro-Trampa build.

Hey!

This one is for you :

wheeling.jpg

Can i ask Squad how you were able to get the the (Motor Mount + 15mm Pulley) to fit on Motor Shaft ?

How thick is the Motor Mount where motor is attached ?, ... how many mm where left for Pulley ??

...I Want to use a 15mm belt on a single motor skateboard, but i heard Sk3 6364 shaft is only 27mm long

Thanks!

randyc1 said:
Can i ask Squad how you were able to get the the (Motor Mount + 15mm Pulley) to fit on Motor Shaft ?

How thick is the Motor Mount where motor is attached ?, ... how many mm where left for Pulley ??

...I Want to use a 15mm belt on a single motor skateboard, but i heard Sk3 6364 shaft is only 27mm long

Thanks!

Motor mounting plate is 3mm thick and made out hardened stainless steel, pulley for 15mm belt is about 20mm long so, as You can see it should fit on 27mm long shaft.

Squad said:
randyc1 said:

Thanks!

Motor mounting plate is 3mm thick and made out hardened stainless steel, pulley for 15mm bełt is about 20mm long so, as You can see it should fit on 27mm long shaft.[/quote

Thank you Squad !

okp said:
great! which motor brand is this ? never seen it

you almost got everything ?

EMAX, I ordered from aliexpress. Almost everything :wink: Now I need to make draft of motor mount, I guess something similiar to Your E-TOXX mount would be awesome. I'm still waiting for VESCs, sprockets, chain and underwater kinetics cases. I think I'll start the project somewhere arround christmas.

Hey squad!

Can you please tell me where you got your motor Gear?. I see it is hubless ,where are the set srews ?...under belt section ?

Motor shaft on Turnigy 6364 is only 27mm long ánd to fit a 15mm wide gear I need a hubless motor gear like yours .

Thank you !

randyc1 said:
Hey squad!

Can you please tell me where you got your motor Gear?. I see it is hubless ,where are the set srews ?...under belt section ?

Motor shaft on Turnigy 6364 is only 27mm long ánd to fit a 15mm wide gear I need a hubless motor gear like yours .

Thank you !

Actually the motor pulley had hub but I turned it off on a lathe. , the set screw is located under belt section. I bought is as pre-component, so it had to be machined anyway. It looked like the one in the attachment before my modifications.

Attachments

• 5866894082.png
    5866894082.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 3,165
Thanks Squad I really appreciate !!

So you machined the Hub off , then you just drilled & threaded straight through the the pulley to put 2 m4 set screws,... 1 on each side?

randyc1 said:

So you machined the Hub off , then you just drilled & threaded straight through the the pulley to put 2 m4 set screws,... 1 on each side?

First I bored pulley to 8mm to fit nicely on the shaft, then machined keyway (motor shaft has also milled keyway), and drilled, tapped for one m4 set-screw (on the opposite side of keyway, motor shaft has also milled flat spot)

Squad said:
randyc1 said:

First I bored pulley to 8mm to fit nicely on the shaft, then machined keyway (motor shaft has also milled keyway), and drilled, tapped for one m4 set-screw (on the opposite side of keyway, motor shaft has also milled flat spot)

Thanks for helping me with your experience !!

Since i have no keyway , I think i will dremel 2 flat spots (1on each side),..drill straight through pulley, tap m4 and put 1 set screw on each side.

Squad said:
randyc1 said:
Since i have no keyway , I think i will dremel 2 flat spots (1on each side),..drill straight through pulley, tap m4 and put 1 set screw on each side.

I think that should do the trick, a lot of people on ES use only set screw + flat spot on shaft to mount pulley.

Thanks again!

Could you post a bit of detail about the plug-in ports (sorry one of the things I don't know is what they're actually called!) that you used for the power and balance cables and how you wired them up? I haven't seen anybody else with such a clean look on their charging setup.

Lots of inspiration in your build for upping the quality of finish; thanks!

loganrhyne said:
Could you post a bit of detail about the plug-in ports (sorry one of the things I don't know is what they're actually called!) that you used for the power and balance cables and how you wired them up? I haven't seen anybody else with such a clean look on their charging setup.

Lots of inspiration in your build for upping the quality of finish; thanks!

First of all marry christmas, and thanks! Connectors and ports are Binder series 680. They're not cheap but I wanted something nice looking. Balancing cable is ended with normal JST balancing connector, charging one with normal bullet connectors.

Merry Christmas! And thanks for the details; never would have tracked those down. I'm completely new to working with electronics, so apologies for the follow-up questions; I expect they're obvious to those who have any kind of experience:

1) For the balance cable I imagine you need a 7-way plug and socket: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Binder-7-pin-Connector-Series-680-Circular-Connector-093280007-NEW-/150884558820?hash=item23216ba7e4:m:m49EQQbF8ZpdXdgeZdxMt_Q

2) What kind of cable is the single round cable for the charger -> balance plug? I assume it is a 7-way cable (i.e. seven separate internal wires) that you splice to a JST connector on the charger size, but I can't seem to find one?

3) For the power cable did you just use 2 of the connections on a 3-way 680 series plug/socket (seems like the 3-way is the fewest connections available): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Binder-3-pin-Connector-Series-680-Circular-Connector-0903080003-NEW-/110939237883?hash=item19d47e6dfb:m:mTDCGiPQy8bn2jwWpMNI6pg

4) Where did you find the screw-in caps/covers for the sockets?

Again, sorry for the ignorant questions, but I figure I'd like to learn to do the electronics cleanly and yours seems like a great example to work from.

For balancing if You plan to go 7S, like me, You need 8-way plug and socket (if 8S-> 9-way, etc...), so the balancing cable is 8-way cable too, the jst balancing connector is also 8 pin JST-HX female one. For charging I bought 2-way plug and socket, it was available when I ordered (http://www.distrelec.biz). The screw in caps were not right ones, the thread was different, caps had m16x1,5 thread, the socket M16x0,75, I lost one riding and don't use caps any more, BUT if You'll look at binder offer, they have protective caps, screw in or just plug ones.

Good luck!

I like the idea of onboard charging. I'm planning on running a 6S set up with total of 4 x 3S 5000mAh packs (2in series x 2 and then running the packs in parallel. Hard to explain. The result is 10000Mah and 6S voltage. ) My questions is, if i want to have on board charging and all the battery packs spliced into a parallel charging and balancing board, will the fact that half the packs are in series mess this idea up. Squad how did you wire yours?

kenf4345 said:
I like the idea of onboard charging. I'm planning on running a 6S set up with total of 4 x 3S 5000mAh packs (2in series x 2 and then running the packs in parallel. Hard to explain. The result is 10000Mah and 6S voltage. ) My questions is, if i want to have on board charging and all the battery packs spliced into a parallel charging and balancing board, will the fact that half the packs are in series mess this idea up. Squad how did you wire yours?

You'll get 6S2P battery pack config, check this up ->http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/lipo.html I think it will explain everything.

Back