Problem with BenchWheel remote (help with electronics)

eiprol

1 mW
hi guys,

A few weeks ago I bought this pricey remote from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Electric-skateboard-Remote-Controller/dp/B00WQP6560/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3SJR32VUIHFZ3&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1442689912&sr=1-1

When I turn the remote ON, it will turn off automatically after a few seconds, not allowing me to throttle the board normally. Every time I turn it back on, it switches itself off in a shorter period of time than the previous attempr, until eventually it won't even work.
When I connect it to the USB port for charging, it starts charging for a few seconds, and then the lights go off too. If I let it resting for a long period of time, it starts to work again, but the whole nightmare begins as described.

At first I thought it could be the battery, so I decided to replace it with another one I have (same voltage) to check it out. Sadly, it's happening the same, so it's not the battery. Any idea of what can be wrong? Maybe the battery control getting hot? Some electronic part not working? It's not a very complex circuit, but I'm not electronic savvy...

sounds like a new Tx/Rx is needed. I wouldn't spend tons of time on a bad one, but warranty/replace it. Several folks have this Tx w/o issue, and this just sounds like a bad unit.

alternatively GT2B might be a good option.

Not a ton of help, but GL!

sl33py said:
sounds like a new Tx/Rx is needed. I wouldn't spend tons of time on a bad one, but warranty/replace it. Several folks have this Tx w/o issue, and this just sounds like a bad unit.

alternatively GT2B might be a good option.

Not a ton of help, but GL!

Thanks, I guess I'll have to get a new one... probably GT2B as you say! But it's a pitty to have a faulty unit, specially when you want to ride your board for the first time so badly :cry:

Have you tried contacting the seller? I read some good stories about the customer service in the other Benchwheel thread, so i'd give it a shot.
Please post back your results, as i'm curious too see if this issue is fixable. I have a complete Benchwheel board on the way, with the same remote included.

Back