AT-One electric inline skates (quick update Dec 2020)

wow, very reinforced your frames.

where you going to put batteries?

btw, here's an update of my own project: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6P_9D6fwtY[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6P_9D6fwtY

my batteries will be inside the frame, the prototype in the video uses them on the cuff for easy of testing.

Nice update! Are you using friction drive?

I'll put batteries in the soul plate :p more like the sole of a shoe, weight is close to the foot.

I needed this much reinforcement, in exchange I gained a lot lighter frame (could hollow many areas) and the thing is in my hand right now, it is strong! Pictures coming once I tear up its chrysalis ;)

yep. mine is a FD. cheaper to make and to maintenance, also it allows for any wheel to be used without any modification.

I hope your skates get to production as well. projects are a lot different and the market will only grow bigger with more skates on the market.

I like the batteries inside the soul plate, but I would be a little afraid of things getting damaged and setting someone on fire :lol: speakig by my own experience, batteries do explode and set fire to houses. :shock:

Thank you ;) yes the more skates there are, the better the market will be and the more people will ride!

Sorry for your house, what happened?

I plan to use unburnable foam (it also dampens vibrations and absorb shocks, what a wonderful technology) I got many samples from Rogers so I can try layouts, also if there is a channel for the fire /explosion to escape before blowing out everything because of compression, it will greatly reduce risks of burning the rider in case something go wrong so I will also make some funnels around electronics.

This bothered me a lot actually because I want to try Lithium hydrogen cells on my proto and we know how bad hydrogen can react if mistreated :oops: so hopefully I won't get burned!

Ryuudan said:
yep. mine is a FD. cheaper to make and to maintenance, also it allows for any wheel to be used without any modification.

I hope your skates get to production as well. projects are a lot different and the market will only grow bigger with more skates on the market.

I like the batteries inside the soul plate, but I would be a little afraid of things getting damaged and setting someone on fire :lol: speakig by my own experience, batteries do explode and set fire to houses. :shock:

I would gladly own a pair of each! :mrgreen:

oh, I didnt actually burn my house down. it was just a wall needed repaint as I put the fire down fast enough.

The battery suffered some damage while riding, it rubbed against the wheel. when I was recharging it I underestimated the amount of damage thinking it was only the shrinking plastic around it that got scratched and then BOOM! No one got hurt, but it was a huge explosion for a 1Ah LiPo battery and my charger got destroyed. If I wasnt there maybe the house would caught on fire.

I've watched a few of those mini-segway hoverboard things that caught on fire and one family is sueing the maker because it burnt a house.

So... let's be extra careful about batteries. I like the unburnable foam idea. gonna take a look at it.

Ok that's a relief !

Yea I heard about the mini Segway stuffs, the maker has really done a shitty job there, one can't make profit over people without caring about their safety... :evil: :evil:

Another update : first frame part printed, but there is a flaw about the edges, I must rework it again to erase any structural weak point. So back to drawing desk. :lol:
Here is a pic :

at_agressive_frame_part_1___need_rework_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9kfqut.jpg

your printer is huge if you can print a frame in 1 part.

mine max size is 20cm, so no way to print a frame in one piece. I printed mine in ABS and then glued then together using acetone.

I bought a new printer already with 30cm max and dual extruder and will be able to print a frame in 1 piece as well as print in nylon and polycarbonate (clear frames is really cool with LED wheels). IF the printer arrives thats is, since its a kickstarter (already 3 months late).

A piece of advice for 3d printed parts. make around the hole for the wheel axle reinforced just like the skates from the 80s. measure the bolt head and build a wall around it. I'm using 8mm thickness trhoughout the lateral, but I did one test using 5mm walls and around the axles it was 10mm.

its hard to see, but in the white frame you can see the reinforced part. its actually strong enough for fitness riding, but you would have to test for aggressive.
11150958_462209620601812_667727884569086902_n.jpg

I wish you good luck with your printer! By chance is it the UNO/DUO one? Yes I think I can print up to 30-33cm max with mine, bed his not that big but height is great :)

Thank you for your advice too, I tweaked my design I'll update this post. Give me minutes.

yeah. its the Duo. hope it gets delivered. I wanna play with all those fancy materials that require higher temperature. My solidoodle 3 cant handle more than 210-230C so ABS is my material of choice.

Happy New Year video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP1B6zAy5vo[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/zP1B6zAy5vo

Awesome!! Happy new year too :mrgreen:

EDIT: I've been thinking, do you machine your aluminium by yourself or do you order your metla parts through a manufacturer?

I'm so freakin' sorry I never updated my post... ok here is what I got days ago

ariane_trek___experimenting_with_prototype_parts_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9ml9fx.jpg

And it needed many updates so here is current state :

platine_complete_125mm___agressive_motorised_frame_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9mz1qv.jpg

I'm reprinting all the parts. Disassembled the first batch. I'm also thinking of upgrading the groove again. :mrgreen:

Vanarian said:
. I'm also thinking of upgrading the groove again. :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure the total market for this feature is you and me, but I'm glad that you're doing it :)

Haha thank you! Well I still got a flat version on work too, swap between 3 big sizes or 4 small sizes. But people will really want the groove if they want to slide them like they deserve it :twisted:

Vanarian said:
Haha thank you! Well I still got a flat version on work too

That's really good, because I find that a flat step really helps with carving at high speed!

I've been lurking on this post for a few months, and let me first say how absolutely excited I was when I saw your video demo. It sent chills down me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I've been searching the internet and waiting for someone to bring Air Treks to life ever since I finished the anime (Air Gear). When I happened across this post I was hooked because of how much progress and data was present. Haha, you can open that market up to 3 people now, including me :wink: . I don't have any engineering skills or even that much knowledge about the components and process it took you to get to this stage, but let me at least offer you my sincere appreciation. I look forward to your next updates!

PeroPero said:
I've been lurking on this post for a few months, and let me first say how absolutely excited I was when I saw your video demo. It sent chills down me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I've been searching the internet and waiting for someone to bring Air Treks to life ever since I finished the anime (Air Gear). When I happened across this post I was hooked because of how much progress and data was present. Haha, you can open that market up to 3 people now, including me :wink: . I don't have any engineering skills or even that much knowledge about the components and process it took you to get to this stage, but let me at least offer you my sincere appreciation. I look forward to your next updates!

My, I should be the one thanking you! :D :D :mrgreen: By the way, welcome to the board ;)

You can't imagine how much precious your cheering is for me, and I'm pretty sure it is the same for Ryuudan.

Yesterday I got again a mess of a print because the new nylon spool I got was soaked in wet , after 4 hours of printing it slipped from layers to layers and got my printer to print an explosion like object instead of an actual part, I was blasted. Encountered problems with the previous spool too so I began to be like "WTF" and it appears that both came from same lot, so lot must have gone through hazard. Hopefully seller seems helpful so back to the fight!

:oops: I actually didn't realize it was Ryuudan who posted that vid, I was too super excited haha. I thought ThunderBlade sounded familiar, like from the very first page of this thread. Both of you are equally my biggest heroes right now. I love that you post very technical build log updates and also love Ryuudan's video demo updates.

Also, that blob of material sounds like a huge mess but is probably easy to clean at least because it's just a solid piece. Good luck with the seller :)

Haha you're making me feel like Saitama or Genos when you talk heroes :mrgreen:

OK updates of the day : printer is working again so I'm going at it :twisted: it turns that after dry up and some Vaseline on the machine axis it moves flawless. I have a very challenging time printing my updated motor frame, it's been 5 times this week and I always encountered an unrelated hazard :lol:

After 8 hours of print the filament slipped out from the pulley drive, never saw this before :shock: so I need to make the print continue from where it slipped, then I'll FINALLY have my gear ready for epoxy!

Also got news for the center frame, instead of throwing away the broken parts the printer made (my week I told you!) I decided to repair them. 1/2 is already a successful operation, second one will be more difficult so I'll simply use 2 different generations on each skates for now :roll: need to show some pics, my week has been epic.

Keep it up man! That is a challenge to print such a big part!

Had my first session on my K2 Unnaturals last night, super stiff so far, but so supportive, they'd make a great electric boot..... :twisted:

Back