Vector bike and frame owners.

moonshine said:
out of curiosity...is everybody's ride a single speed? Anyone utilizing a full 3 or 7 speed cassette/freewheel? If so, post pics of your setup. I'm using a 7 speed freewheel for correct chain alignment but only using one speed.

can't wait to get my kickstand...

See attached mate its 10 speed with clutch derailer but because of alignment I only use 7 speed.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 3,566
Iam using single speed with couple of spacers. It have quite a bit of angle to it but I haven't have a problem with chain falling off. Iam able to peddle up to about 37mph no problem but a little bit of noise.

Wow kiwi! 7 speed. Which derailleur are you using? Looks like an mxus in the back as well. That's my exact setup!

moonshine said:
Wow kiwi! 7 speed. Which derailleur are you using? Looks like an mxus in the back as well. That's my exact setup!

Shimarno mtb the derailleur with clutch is awesome no chain slap noise or falling off. Motor is Mxus 19" moto with ferro juice for cooling.

Cheers Kiwi

No alignment problems? I have a single speed with an mxus 3000, going to a 36T chain ring, and the alignment isn't that great.

kiwiev said:
moonshine said:

Shimarno mtb the derailleur with clutch is awesome no chain slap noise or falling off. Motor is Mxus 19" moto with ferro juice for cooling.

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
moonshine said:
out of curiosity...is everybody's ride a single speed? Anyone utilizing a full 3 or 7 speed cassette/freewheel? If so, post pics of your setup. I'm using a 7 speed freewheel for correct chain alignment but only using one speed.

can't wait to get my kickstand...

See attached mate its 10 speed with clutch derailer but because of alignment I only use 7 speed.

Cheers Kiwi

Hi kiwiev, could you please tell me the size of one Vector Sidcover? I would like to calculate something with it. Thank you really much.

-Elias

Great. Now we finally can jump onboard on tire sales where 4" wide tires are sold cheapo. I know for some it will seem a little lame, all that weight into a tire. but it would sure look good with a fat 4-4.5" wide super motard tire on the rear. I'll rather go phat super motard or phat knobby motocross/dual sport over wobbly fatbike tire.

Here is what a 17"x4.60" dual sport looks like on a NYX frame.

QNBlk1h.jpg

Hzbm1rI.jpg

9w1ZF42.jpg

Kk3Lh4j.jpg

@Artur: I have found a german article about future motorcycles which have to have ABS in 2017. Maybe it could be interesting for you:
http://www.zeit.de/mobilitaet/2014-07/motorrad-abs-sicherheit

Artur,

That sounds neat. Maybe you can almost make some custom side-covers (the small ones) out of aluminum complete with charging ports and off/on switch. I find that my dual crown suspension tends to dent those panels in.

Artur said:
We are preparing some nice features to Vector frame owners, we want to make custom wide swingarm for making e-fatbike with wide rear wheel. What do you think guys? Also we will offer a headset for cone shaped forks, for those who preffer single krown forks for small turn radius.

What's the stand propped up against the back of the bike called?

macribs said:
Great. Now we finally can jump onboard on tire sales where 4" wide tires are sold cheapo. I know for some it will seem a little lame, all that weight into a tire. but it would sure look good with a fat 4-4.5" wide super motard tire on the rear. I'll rather go phat super motard or phat knobby motocross/dual sport over wobbly fatbike tire.

Here is what a 17"x4.60" dual sport looks like on a NYX frame.

QNBlk1h.jpg

Hzbm1rI.jpg

9w1ZF42.jpg

Kk3Lh4j.jpg

Max meant "truing" stand, which it is.

Macribs, how wide are those rims? I was thinking of running the Shinko 18-3.5 on rear with a 1.85 rim and a 19-3.5 on a front 1.6 rim. So the Shinko web site says the 3.5 tire should be used with a 2.15 rim. So how whacked out would this be? I'd like to do the big tire thing but the rims are hard to come by for hub motors....or at least I struggled to find one.

Tom

We have great news! Now we can obtain bank transfers inside the countries you live in (the countries are marked on the pictures), that means that you won't have to send your money abroad. For example, if you live in USA, you can send the money to USA bank address, if you live in Australia to Australian bank address.

Dear forum members, we are glad to offer you customised double crown forks from DNM company.

All black. Without any stickers! With custom V shaped crown for bigger steering angle! Rebound, preload, air pressure setting! With double rotor brakes support! Double rotor hubs and brakes are also available!

Price 429 usd, for Vector frames owners (new or existed) 399 usd.

New rear shock Burner RPC-3 with bigger diameter stock! 220mm eye to eye size! All black! 650 lbs spring or 850 lbs!

Rebound, preload, slow-speed compression!

Price 169 usd, for Vector frames owners (new or existed) 149 usd

Double rotor hub (can be used with single rotor). 110mm. Aluminium. Sealed bearings. 36 spokes. 20mm axel.

Price 39 usd, for Vector frames owners (new or existed) 34 usd

litespeed said:

Macribs, how wide are those rims? I was thinking of running the Shinko 18-3.5 on rear with a 1.85 rim and a 19-3.5 on a front 1.6 rim. So the Shinko web site says the 3.5 tire should be used with a 2.15 rim. So how whacked out would this be? I'd like to do the big tire thing but the rims are hard to come by for hub motors....or at least I struggled to find one.

Tom

Not sure on the width of those rims, on the cell now. Will check back during the weekend. You might wanna check in with Rix in the tire and wheel thread. I am sure he can assist as he has tried many variations, widths, rims etc. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458

Artur. Cool. Both the new V shaped fork and I love the new shocks. I will take a a rear shock 850 lbs. I just need to count me cash first :)

macribs said:
litespeed said:

Tom

Not sure on the width of those rims, on the cell now. Will check back during the weekend. You might wanna check in with Rix in the tire and wheel thread. I am sure he can assist as he has tried many variations, widths, rims etc. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458

Artur. Cool. Both the new V shaped fork and I love the new shocks. I will take a a rear shock 850 lbs. I just need to count me cash first :)

sure :wink:

sh33p said:
Artur said:
sh33p said:
Anyone know where I can get an 82 mm brake mount for a dorado fork?

you mean adapter?

Yeah. It's C shaped.

600x600-95208-pb101902-4.jpg

It's the silver piece on the bottom right. That's the regular Manitou one. I need one that's 82 mm across by the two wider bolt holes (the outer edge of the 'C').

Bike's coming together now. Once I get this brake sorted, I'll start wiring it up.

Here's a pic of it. Managed to get the chain quite nicely lined up with the single speed in the back. I should add a seat too. :)

Came out of work to check it out and I found the bike shop added a different front brake, which shows in the pic, which I asked them to remove.

Attachments

• bike (2).jpg
    bike (2).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,264
maxRpm said:
How big are your disk? I have 208mm disk I just get 208mm disk adapter that's all you need

I think they're 203mm. I think I found it here. It's the A7. I think I have the A10, which has the bolts going through the side. I think the bolts on the fork side of the adapter are have a 28mm spread between them.

http://www.tektro.com/_english/01_products/01_prodetail.php?pid=25&sortname=Parts&sort=1&fid=5

Back