Kuberg Free Rider

jon0881 said:
Yeah thats a great video.

David, did you take some before and after pics. When i get mine im going to take it to the local bike shop to fit out a front mudguard to keep it a bit cleaner. Something like the Crud Fast Fender might work, fixing points on those forks with those small wheels are going to be a challenge.

Did you get the fork pump with the bike? if no, will a 12V air compressor do the trick? I saw a good guide online somewhere for air pressure and rider weight

I'll snap some pics this week. Fender wise, I just rigged up a piece of plastic for the time being and ordered the guard below. My current fender is zipped tied about 8" from the tire and it makes a big difference.

Pump wise, you'll need a high pressure one like the one linked below. Its not that big of deal though, out of the box the pressure is fine for most weights.

Mud Guard
http://www.jensonusa.com/!lqt9lK7dO5A9rX0!KSp!Og!/Mucky-Nutz-Face-Fender-Reverse?utm_source=FRGL&utm_medium=organic&gclid=COX4xLWnosoCFcMRHwodS3sH3w

Shock pump
https://www.blueskycycling.com/product1812_10_-Fox-Shock-Pump.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=24020-300&gclid=CIzIp-mmosoCFcUXHwod2uMPeA

I rigged up the pegs from a Crf50 on there today. Made a world of difference! I can wip this thing around like crazy now.

I have not ridden all weekend. But my totally nerdy son asked if he could ride. I am totally excited. He rode for about an hour. That is the longest he has stayed outside in a year. I was busy working on putting a mat in my new wagon so I can transport the bikes. I still have not heard anything about the one I'm not suppose to ride. Every time my son came by where I was working, he had a smile on his face. He says he likes riding it more than the motorcycle. I am very pleased. I just need the other one working.

Maybe they are holding off on delivery due to the failure of some of the bikes. Apparently they had some bikes fail in Europe and are trying to solve the problem.

How is everyone getting on now? all quiet here. Ive still not got mine but they said they want it to be perfect before leaving to save call backs

I only have one that is operational but it is fun. I rode for a while on Saturday. Mostly on the roads around my neighborhood but then did some back woods riding. Went up a very steep hill and did not have any trouble. Plenty of power. I still have not tried race mode. I need to just to make sure there is not a problem but it definitely is not needed. I don't have a gopro or anything like that so I have not made a video. I did buy a rack for it. I went with the Willworx superstand. I am having trouble finding 2 that fit the tires. One works the other one is too tight on the tire. I plan on taking the bike to the shop when I exchange the non-fitting stand so I can make sure it will fit. I have already tried 2. If I were going to order one online, I would go with the superstand extreme so I would know for sure it would fit. I would ride more but I am a school teacher and my days are long and weekends are busy catching up with household stuff. So basically that is my update. There is another video posted on youtube from adv design that explains the 3 different riding modes. It is kind of a repeat from the first video but I enjoyed it.

Hello all,

I am a fellow Free Rider customer and newbie to the forum. I ordered and paid for my bike on the 10th of Dec for Christmas delivery supposedly!

After lots of emails I was told that the bikes were being held back by Kuberg because of two customers reporting faults with their bikes, at first I thought this was just a ploy because they were behind with production.
After reading the posts on this forum it would appear that these faults do exist.

I recently received an email from Kuberg UK whom I purchased the bike from. Apparently the problem was the controllers overheating so Kuberg needed to do software update to sort this out, after the update they need to carry out a testing stage to confirm that the fault has been eliminated.

I am still waiting at the moment but have been told the bikes are ready to start shipping again next week. I am hoping that they haven’t tamed down the power to stop the overheating issue.

I am still looking forward to receiving my bike, and am thankful that people are leaving feedback on the forum as there don’t seem to be too many customer reviews online yet. I was starting to panic that I have made an expensive mistake ordering this bike, but the feedback looks good so far.

I will of course leave a review once I have received my bike and used it in anger!

When I initially had trouble with one of my bikes, I was told that several had failed in Europe. My bike with an issue is not an overheating issue. I actually think I got a prototype bike since it is different than my other bike. I am still awaiting word on what to do with the one not working. My other one is Awesome. You won't be disappointed. My only complaint is that I have to work and I don't have enough time to ride. This weekend I hope to go to Austin to watch a Trials event and I will be able to ride around there. I am hoping everything gets straightened out soon and my other one gets fixed. Also I have a Kuberg Trex on order so the sooner the Free-Rider gets straightened out the soon I get the Trex.

I received this email yesterday about my Kuberg Free-Rider:

The revised controller is now ready and the factory is getting ready to send a technician to the states for repair. Please confirm best address to send the technician to. It will likely be mid to late March that he’ll make it to your location. We will be replacing the controllers on both bikes for the update.

A technician actually coming to my house. Wow that will be really good customer service!

I'm meant to be collecting mine on Sunday. It should have had all the relevant upgrades etc done.

Can't wait!

Well i finally got my unicorn!

I drove over to the guys at E-Escape who kindly fetched my bike back with them from the Kuberg events at ArenaCross. If anyone is local to E-Scape i would for sure recomend paying them a visit. They have a great setup there and lots of E Bikes to ty and choose from. The track there is really good and a nice comfortable cafe to sit and relax in.

Put the Kuberg together when i got home but it was dark before i managed to get out to try it. By gosh it was fun, much taller than i thought so its very much focused on a teen or adult. The components like the forks and the rear shock make a hell of a difference even just rolling off kerbs and stuff were as smooth as silk. Power wise, level 1 is very beginner friendly. The delivery is very slow so you cant get into too much trouble. Obviously i went straight to level 3, even this feels very managable with no snappy resposne on the throttle until you are part way through the power.

The brakes are a little slow at stopping you at full speed for my liking but i think a bleed of the fluid might be needed there and i have to agree about the footpegs, for an adult they are too small and i did hit my shoes on the chain going down some steps.

Hopefully i'll get more of a play tonight.

Well I had my first bash on it today. Really nice! On the straights it's topping out about 30mph on my GPS so probably about 34mph which feels slow. The bike is always in level 3 now and to be honest I'd like a bit more of a hit on the throttle in that mode. You need to get rolling before the power really hits.

As mentioned already the pegs and the bars are a problem for an adult. I'm going to measure mine up and try to get a larger set on there. If it's wet you are going to need goggles as the lack of fender means a wet face. Defiantly need a rig up there too.

The manual states it must be drained and charged 3 times so I'm doing that before charging again. The indicator is on yellow now so it could be close. The dongle to connect to the wifi is nearly ready also I'm told. I was so impressed with the suspension on this bike. I rode up and down a track covered in rocks and bricks. The bike was very smooth and stable

I'm told it's IP67 so it's had 2 hose pipe washes already and no problems

If any UK people are interested in one PM me

Does anyone know if these are available from US dealers yet? I missed out on the kickstarter purchase.

you can locate your nearest dealer here and then contact them for availability..
http://kuberg.com/Dealers.aspx
(i doubt dealers have free rider models available for delivery yet, most likely pre-order)

jbc247 said:
Does anyone know if these are available from US dealers yet? I missed out on the kickstarter purchase.

That thing seems a little small, how tall are you?

Do you find yourself standing a lot?

I am 5' 81/2" and weigh about 185. Standing? Depends on what you are doing or what you want to do. The seat is not comfortable at all.

Ya im 6' 3" I was planning to put larger wheels on my Kurberg if I got one. I bailed out before the kick start was finalized. (seems like a nice bike) but I still think it was for the best.

skeetab5780 said:
Ya im 6' 3" I was planning to put larger wheels on my Kurberg if I got one. I bailed out before the kick start was finalized. (seems like a nice bike) but I still think it was for the best.

with the 19.5inch trials tire there doesn't seem to be much clearance for more rubber. Can one of the owners confirm this?
At 6'3 I reckon you'd feel like your riding a BMX :lol:

I am not qualified to answer your rubber tire question. I only ride it. Higher handlebars would help, however if the seat were any higher I would not be able to get on. Sorry that I am not more help.

Either way it still looks like a pretty fun little bike. Im just jelous that I bailed out of the kickstarter because the company is soooooooo slow

Back