Grinhilia - my Aprilia RS125 Conversion

They are just casting marks Jay
Andy you will still need to run a tube between the swingarm bearing inner races over the exposed part of the swingarm axle.
So the screw in the right frame can push the swingarm over to the left without flexing it.
My 2 short pieces of SW axle thread into the 2 alloy plates so they are effectively held either side of each bearing.
The 2 alloy plates still need to be welded to the frame

You mean like this one I made the other day... :wink:

Bored to 14mm, outer diameter 30mm, length 93mm.

1074s.jpg
Spacer sandwich to get the motor plate in just the right spot.
1216s.jpg
Fits nicely. I will use the small square block as part of a bracket to hang the controller from.
1212s.jpg

That spacer looks suspiciously like steel in the first shot but bright like alloy in the second shot.
Stick with alloy there is a Capral aluminium place in Minibung rd Cardiff that sells offcuts, not sure about rounds though.
That spacer will work but would be heaps better if the motor was back.

Not yet! Still slowly working on it.

Vario kind of works, goes round but needs a lighter spring in the driven pully to upshift at 4k rpm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7heqNp-qlQc

Any progress?

I've seriously been eyeing up an Emrax 207 for my next build, it's very difficult to beat the power to weight - even taking into consideration the mounting complexity. There are now a couple of quite good punchy low voltage controllers which mean I could achieve my weight target with low complexity. What do you think of it so far?

Hi Ohbse,

Yeah the Emrax 207 LV is looking good for my build also. I have just made some enquires to both enstroj and Emsiso regarding the low voltage setup. I started a thread in escoots/motorcycles general discussion folder http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=70967 but it seems no one on ES has used this setup before. I'll update my thread with Info regarding the setup once I hear back about my enquiry. Which controllers are you considering?

Cheers,

That would be great to see, I also seriously considered the 207, it would be ideal in the aircooled version for an even lighter weight (no cooling components), and a few mm smaller diameter makes fitting batteries that much easier. I'm sure there would be a suitable Sevcon controller for it also.

There's been some slow progress, a little at a time.

Here's some shots of a test fit with the actual Rinehart rather than a wooden one! The lower fairing fits nicely around it.
1047s.jpg
1048s.jpg
Next was a plywood battery box to test fit.
1314s.jpg

I love the placement of that controller down there. It's a bugger the PM150 is that much longer, otherwise I'd have placed Voltron's controller down there too.

How's the plywood pack fit?

Hey Chris thanks for your assistance with battery box design. The first attempt based on this sketch shows the battery box in front of the controller, but it protruded in front of the fairing a little and I wasn't happy with the front wheel clearance.
1221s.jpg
1315s.jpg
So I lifted the box above the front of the controller, which allowed the box to be a bit more vertical. This leaves plenty of room for wiring and ancillaries in front of the controller, with the downside being that the CofG goes up a little.
1454s.jpg
I'm happy with the location now, the maximum external width of the box is 178mm with the limiting factor being the subframe rails which taper inwards at the rear of the battery box. The front of the box is also very close the frame. There's some room to play with the height as there's plenty of clearance to the tank cover.
1455s.jpg

Hi guys, project still going but very slow progress, keeping busy with other things.

I don't get over to ES very often either.

cheers.

Sub'd. Recently bought a complete RS125 with ME1114 installed from a guy in Sydney and now about to start compliance work...

Currently getting what I believe was Samd's bike at one stage in the past on the road in Qld... just had it out on the road for a test and tune on the weekend. Just waiting on some gauges and getting the engineering done - hope to be riding it on the regular in a month or two.

Did you ever end up getting this bike done mate?

Back