MOVIE NITE

I've never been here nor there with Vin Diesel. I didnt like Riddick too much either. F&F was cool, for the cool cars, storyline was stupid. Action was ok.

So the first episode of 'Limitless' was the pilot, so I should hold off on the disappointment. He did at least play out some of the fun he could have with it, but it's hard to get past the cliche of yet another FBI special operator TV show. I loved that movie, I hate to see them screw up the concept, with him reading minds, etc.

Agreed. I much prefer to 'find' a good series after it's over anyway, so I try hard to ignore them for a while. Not that hard really, when you don't 'tv', and don't watch commercials.
Did it at least partially with game/thrones, californication, supernatural, madmen, heroes, curb, seinfeld, xfiles, and I feel like I appreciated them more. Also, an interesting tip: when watchin a series, start with the last season, and go back season by season :shock:

See how many people you recognize in the 'cooties' cast. Was somewhat funny, albeit wacky.
cootie.jpg
super.jpg
Rainn Wilson was best so far in 'super' imo

I watched EVERY episode of
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1958961/
and is very VERY very good!

Also, Suits is also very VERY very good!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632701/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I tired to watch The Bastard Executioner today, it started with its Pilot, but I could only watch a minute of it. Based in the 1700's, dumb title.

Grandma (2015)
Lily Tomlin stars as Elle who has just gotten through breaking up with her girlfriend when Elle's granddaughter Sage unexpectedly shows up needing $600 bucks before sundown. Temporarily broke, Grandma Elle and Sage spend the day trying to get their hands on the cash as their unannounced visits to old friends and flames end up rattling skeletons and digging up secrets. (C) Sony Classics

The Heart Machine (2015)
Tracking two parallel journeys that show how digital media complicates modern love, THE HEART MACHINE explores the evolving relationship between physical and emotional intimacy, isolation in the urban hive, and the seduction of hiding behind a screen. This modern mystery tells the story of Cody (John Gallagher Jr. - HBO's The Newsroom, SHORT TERM 12) and Virginia (Kate Lyn Sheil - Netflix House of Cards, YOU'RE NEXT), who fall in love online, despite the distance between them. Through an interrelated series of events, Cody suspects that Virginia might not actually live in Berlin and may even live in the same city as he does, and seeks to find the truth. THE HEART MACHINE questions love and intimacy in the digital age, and whether you can really trust whom you meet on the internet. (C) FilmBuff

That bald dude from F&F is doing another sequel, F&F 7, wonder what classic souped (sp) up cars they will use.

Been watching Mad Max twice now on TV, gas plant one. Cant go wrong.

Cranked was good.

Black Mass is out now, I will watch it in the theater tomorrow (today actually since its 1am here).

Was going to a Meetup for the Meru (Climbing mountain movie, shark fin ridge never been climbed) movie, but ended up not watching it.
I thought it was a $2 movie Meetup, but its just a Film Festival movie, not worth $10 or $12. Rather go see Black Mass.

Good thread, haven't read it all but I think I will..

If you find your self doubting humanity or wondering if everyones really just about 'them' even if there acting like a caring person etc I think you will find this movie good, its simply called "Tusk"

Its a complicated movie and the North American accents are strong with sophisticated language used at times so I had to turn on subtitles so I could understand the intricacies.
It has an interesting cast including the great Johnny Depp. I strongly feel the only reason Johnny Depp decided to be in this movie was he believed in its point of view and probably moved him as well as finding this this movie script truly sick. I think the last thing he cared about was being paid it and was purely about the movie, if you can believe that.
You will even struggle to identify Johnny in this movie as he has face changing makeup and acts quite as eccentric as the movie it self.
Only 1 person dies in this movie so don't expect too much action but expect to be shocked.
I think the movie is also suggesting that Mr Howe (the bad guy) is in fact the most sane man in the flim, he is very intelligent and that insanity is merely a point of view.
If you want to see a movie that contains a a true psycho of epic proportions and even find your self laughing like a psycho would then this is the movie to watch..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3099498/

the North American accents are strong with sophisticated language used at times
The trailers for that movie look interesting, but I found no accents in the movie.
I thought maybe you might be talking about Southern USA accents, or french Canadian/french Lousiana accents.
Which I have a very hard time understanding. Ya'll.

Hmmm cool! I don't think I've seen any of his stuff, but the name sounds familar, and docu looks cool.

For 'untold' history, I've liked listening to economist and historian Webster Tarpley, but that was awhile ago-not sure what he's up to these days, or if he ever made a movie per se.

Markz, lol, well that's cuz most single language speakers can't objectively identify their OWN accent hehe

Markz, lol, well that's cuz most single language speakers can't objectively identify their OWN accent hehe

You making fun of Canucks and our TimBits eh! Aboot! Toque! :lol: :wink:

So you noticed accents in the trailers of the movie did you.

The wild and wonderful whites of west virginia. :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396227/

K

All worth noting imo, all not bad at all, but take my fav with a grain of pepper :mrgreen:
the man from uncle
man_from_uncle_ver6.jpg
paper towns
paper.jpg
nightcrawler
nightcra.jpg
lemony snicket (thx markz)
lemony.jpg
horrible bosses 2
horrible_bosses(1).jpg
uncanny
uncanny.jpg
antman
antman.jpg
night of the living deb
View attachment 4

K, so all not too bad, all ok (still don't know what if ok really means "oll korect", in which case Ive just used improper grammar :cry:)

But my fav of these recent few is . . .
TURBO KID !!!
Turbo-Kid.jpg
be prepared for the most mind numbing post apocalyptic humor cheese, along with much fashionable muzac :mrgreen:

Smokes, it's been a month+?? I really will have to rewatch my favorite weird movie mentioned prior. Kinda forgoddabout it

Another I think is good. Based on the first 10 minutes of course, like all good films should be :mrgreen:

THE LOBSTER
In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods.
Rachel Weisz, Colin Farrell, Olivia Colman, Jessica Barden // scifi romance thriller horror

Two 'WTF's" up

Recently went looking for an 'old to me' memorable mov:

Spies Like Us
spies.png
Didn't disappoint lol.

Unable to think of much more personal potential 80's greats, I just got reminded of "Fear and Loathing. . . ." and think it's time to see if it's also held up to tests of time. I think I watched it once.
loathing.png

To be fair, wow, there's quite a few from the 80's it'd be nice to check out or revisit.
http://www.imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1980,1989&title_type=feature

F&L I watched several times, I have always liked it. Johnny Depp is an amazing actor.

I still havent watched Star Wars yet, I like to hit the theaters on a weekday, when its less busy. I absolutely hate seat kickers, and cell phone junkies while movie is on. I throw popcorn at them now if they are in throwing distance. Fun Times, $16 for a movie, and $20 for food PER PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Johnny Depp...
[youtube]LvGZQd0vdUI[/youtube]

Yah know, I'm just a Canadien, eh? <Insert "But" here> As a student/fan of history, some folks in the United States might get a kick out of this "Holywood-Style" epic:
[youtube]BrFbiQiBfPo[/youtube]

(Just sorry I've not seen the Alamo in Austin, Texas... yet.)
78385-004-4D20E900.jpg

Depp is always great imo, but F+L just wasn't my type of movie I guess. I liked the overarching concept and storytelling acting and general cinematography, but it felt so drawn out. Depp's ninth gate had far more depth and was more a rewarding watch in total and imo.

Watched 'The Shining' for the first time, 36 years later. Opposite perhaps, the story and any perceivable message seemed outdated, while the film itself was still very decent as a whole. Similar to clockwork orange or natural born killers I guess. Good for one or two watches, after that they're best only for background noise.
the-shining.jpg

Anybody a fan of Agatha Christie's books? I've only read a handful, and while a book is desirable over video for so many reasons, there have been a few good movies that are quite acceptable to start with before reading the book.
'Endless Night' comes to mind.
View attachment 1

Back