Vector bike and frame owners.

Here's a few pics of the bike. Looking like a bike now. :)

20160116_111553 (Medium).jpg

20160116_111638 (Medium).jpg

20160116_111701 (Medium).jpg
The darn front brake. :)

20160116_111732 (Medium).jpg
Chain line looks good.

sh33p said:
Bike's coming together now. Once I get this brake sorted, I'll start wiring it up.

Here's a pic of it. Managed to get the chain quite nicely lined up with the single speed in the back. I should add a seat too. :)

Came out of work to check it out and I found the bike shop added a different front brake, which shows in the pic, which I asked them to remove.

Wow, I like those rims! Are they normal sice or do they have extra wide?

DasDouble said:
sh33p said:
Bike's coming together now. Once I get this brake sorted, I'll start wiring it up.

Here's a pic of it. Managed to get the chain quite nicely lined up with the single speed in the back. I should add a seat too. :)

Came out of work to check it out and I found the bike shop added a different front brake, which shows in the pic, which I asked them to remove.

View attachment 1

Wow, I like those rims! Are they normal sice or do they have extra wide?

I don't know. I think they're normal. It's a 19x1.6 rim. I bought the back rim and motor from Kinaye Motorsports. Those guys are awesome. You get excellent support if you have any questions etc. The motor is an an MXUS 4T, which I bought from them as well.

I need to get a breaker for this thing. I'm not sure what to get though. Anyone have a link to something that'll support the following battery specs?

New Doc 8_1 (Medium).jpg

Will I need heavy moto-rims if I go with two persons (2xaround 80 kilo) on a vector bike? Like on the moto-seat.

DasDouble said:
Will I need heavy moto-rims if I go with two persons (2xaround 80 kilo) on a vector bike? Like on the moto-seat.

Probably not a bad idea.

sh33p said:
I don't know. I think they're normal. It's a 19x1.6 rim. I bought the back rim and motor from Kinaye Motorsports. Those guys are awesome. You get excellent support if you have any questions etc. The motor is an an MXUS 4T, which I bought from them as well.

I need to get a breaker for this thing. I'm not sure what to get though. Anyone have a link to something that'll support the following battery specs?

I can send you one for free, pm me.

So Last Saturday I was in Munich, meeting Artur and talking with him about his awesome bikes. Was a really great day. I have never expected to be able to drive a 14kW Bike like he has in near future. But now It became real. I testrode the bike for about 15 Minutes. 15 Minutes full of smiling and laughing because I was so amazed. You can't imagine the acceleration if you haven't driven a bike like this before. It is ssooooooo freaking awesome, I tell you... Holy smoke

The first mode, the Eco mode was nice to get a feeling for the bike. Real slow acceleration and nice handling and smooth control about the whole throttle.

The next mode, called normal was already awesome. You push the throttle and up you go like "wooooooow, wait a second" haha :D I have tried to count how long it takes from 0-30kph. I think it was about 1,5 seconds. Means a LOT OF TORQUE... Incredible..! :mrgreen: and then Artur said it's just 35% of power, what the bike actually has.

BOOST MODE: ... I think the name sais already everything what you need to know :mrgreen: ... Artur was like: " Ok you have to be careful now" I: "Ok" A: "very gentle.." I: "Got it" and woom, front wheel was directly up in the air. It's just incredible. I'm still smiling when I think back to this moment haha:D. So after all the boost mode is more like scary than anything else. I have tried to go with my weig over to handlebars to not do a wheely instandly. Didn´t helped in any way. Because of the power I got pushed to the rear wheel I even turned the throttle more.. quiet scary haha :D But I would do it again if I could :D :mrgreen: Forget any roller coaster. THIS is the real thing :mrgreen:

The whole 7 houres of riding to munich and back were absolutly worth it. Artur is an absolutly symphatic person, a really nice and awesome guy. I can just 100% recomment Vector, deals with Artur etc. Nothing bad here. The bikes also looked reeeaaallyy good. I think Im gonna take the blue one with black fork. Looks just amazing..! :mrgreen:

-Elias

View attachment 2
image(3) (Copy).jpg
image(4) (Copy).jpg
image(1).jpg

Where are you locating the connector on the frame?

Artur said:
We have ordered official Speakon connectors from official manufacturer located also in Bavaria, with certificate and so on. Soon we will offer the frame with charging connectors by default, that you can use up to 40a without worrying to melt it down!

sh33p said:

Artur said:
We have ordered official Speakon connectors from official manufacturer located also in Bavaria, with certificate and so on. Soon we will offer the frame with charging connectors by default, that you can use up to 40a without worrying to melt it down!

Under the controller tray. On the buttom of the bike. This is the best place for airflow.

Edit: oh sorry, I read it like "controller " as I was reading it from my phone screen and it's pretty small )

We locate connectors on a top , near key switch. We don't like idea of mounting them on a side covers as any time you dameged a side covers or you just want a new or another color one, you don't need to reinstall anything else.

sh33p said:

Artur said:

What do you mean with "connector"?
Do you mean this one?
http://s26.postimg.org/8663wf4l1/ser3.jpg

Yeah, that's it.

DasDouble said:
sh33p said:

Artur said:

What do you mean with "connector"?
Do you mean this one?
http://s26.postimg.org/8663wf4l1/ser3.jpg

Artur said:
For charging the bike :)))

:D I thought there is just a cable you have to put into the controller^^ Ok, you never learn to end :D That english^^

Subscribed ....... Orderd a Vector frame , forks and rear shocks from Artur at Vector about a months wait for production painting and delivery .
Will be adding a 1500wt dillenger hub , throttle only , 26" downhill mtb wheel , with Maxxis hookworms 2.5 front and rear . Will mainly be riding roads and some light trails in the summer .
Will be useing parts stripped from my standard MTB electric conversion , ie hydraulic brakes , sram x5 gears ( 9 speed rear free wheel ) , sram crank set , seat , seat post etc .
I realise i only will be able to use one size chain ring on the front crank and was wondering what size i should be looking at buying ? I have seen some of you have had trouble with chain ring rubbing , not aligning properly or whatever else .
I was wondering what size chain ring you have settled on and works well with the frame , and can anyone envisage any problems converting to a one sprocket chain ring with the 9 speed cassette i have on the rear .
After researching chain wheels cadence etc , i was hoping tp put a 52 tooth - 54 tooth on as i enjoy the pedalling exercise part of e biking , and the hub set up ive got comfortably does 33 - 38 mph on my existing frame .
Would this size chain ring be to big for the frame and if so what would you recommend ?
Can anyone see anything else i might run into problems with , with my intended set up ?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated , as i have a few weeks to get any additional parts together for the build so when it arrives ime ready to go straight to work on it ?
Thanks in advance ...... Rik :D

Rik D said:
Subscribed ....... Orderd a Vector frame , forks and rear shocks from Artur at Vector about a months wait for production painting and delivery .
Will be adding a 1500wt dillenger hub , throttle only , 26" downhill mtb wheel , with Maxxis hookworms 2.5 front and rear . Will mainly be riding roads and some light trails in the summer .
Will be useing parts stripped from my standard MTB electric conversion , ie hydraulic brakes , sram x5 gears ( 9 speed rear free wheel ) , sram crank set , seat , seat post etc .
I realise i only will be able to use one size chain ring on the front crank and was wondering what size i should be looking at buying ? I have seen some of you have had trouble with chain ring rubbing , not aligning properly or whatever else .
I was wondering what size chain ring you have settled on and works well with the frame , and can anyone envisage any problems converting to a one sprocket chain ring with the 9 speed cassette i have on the rear .
After researching chain wheels cadence etc , i was hoping tp put a 52 tooth - 54 tooth on as i enjoy the pedalling exercise part of e biking , and the hub set up ive got comfortably does 33 - 38 mph on my existing frame .
Would this size chain ring be to big for the frame and if so what would you recommend ?
Can anyone see anything else i might run into problems with , with my intended set up ?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated , as i have a few weeks to get any additional parts together for the build so when it arrives ime ready to go straight to work on it ?
Thanks in advance ...... Rik :D

take 3 ring crankset. then 3rd ring will be far from frame and you can use it with ring 52-54 tooth.but be carefull about chain line.
if you want single ring, we recomend 38t. with 26" wheel you will be able to pedal up to 30km/h.

Can anyone tell me what headset is compatible with the Vector frame please ? Ive received a frame and Vector supplied DNM forks but the headset i had was un unsuitable size ........... Artur is out of stock with them and wont have any in for 2 weeks , was hopeing to be up and running bye then , so was hoping to alternativly sorce somwhere . Thanks Rik

Back