13s4p "shark" battery -> where to buy case only?

tomjasz said:
Mine came today. $53
I'm not impressed. The Dolphin is a superior case, questions and pictures to follow. I wish I'd have ordered a dolphin...guess I will do that next. Came 13s4p 52 cells. Have to decide, do i build or sell off and wait for dolphin. Dolphin us definitely more robust.

what exatly you don't like, or what are the weak points in your opinion?

i have not purchased one by now because i first need to settle on the frame. from what i found out so far the holder of the shark case should be mounted with more than two bolts to the frame, but otherwise i have not read anything bad..
from the pics, the connectors of the dolphin case look very small so i think there isn't much difference in conductivity. the cells in the dolphin are aligned rectangular making the case much bigger.
i would prefer honeycomb shape.

It's about half the price and quality of he dolphin. They have a new model out this year which is as good as the dolphin but less, sadly it only holds 40cells

t3sla,

Is that shark available in just the case only ? ( no batteries, just the case )

What cost and also cost to ship to the U.S. ? ... in USD

I like that side swipe/dismount design , it is the only one that would work on my Womens MTB bike frame.

Thanks

t3sla said:

View attachment 1

2016 Shark 40 cells

It uses the side swipe method to eject

ScooterMan101 said:
t3sla,

Is that shark available in just the case only ? ( no batteries, just the case )

What cost and also cost to ship to the U.S. ? ... in USD

I like that side swipe/dismount design , it is the only one that would work on my Womens MTB bike frame.

Thanks

t3sla said:

View attachment 1

2016 Shark 40 cells

Hasn't entered production, shouldn't be too much more than the old shark

the link to alibaba now says "product not found" and i could not find another seller.

anyone has another link to alibaba, or to an importeur?
I still would like to take the Hailong because it looks much slimmer as the dolphin and features honeycomb cell layout.

It has now been 4 weeks , is the side swipe dismount case you pictured at the bottom, avaliable for sale yet ?

Please let us know when it is .
Thank You

t3sla said:
[ATTACH type="full" alt="I
mageUploadedByTapatalk1457884793.340138.jpg"]0[/ATTACH].

View attachment 1

2016 Shark 40 cells

I was able to find another seller for the case only and placed an order for the 48V version.
payed about 55€ shipped with DHL. thats ok.
Im going to report back as soon as i have installed the cells and mounted it to bike.

However i'm still not sure about the BMS. It should be programmable (thus a smart BMS) with at least 40A continuous. Any ideas?

Yes they are for sale now, I have a set of first production samples and they have issues. Will document when soon

@ ScooterMan
it might be better if you start a new thread about this different case.

Why ?

The side swipe dismount case , Is , a Shark Case, ( what is called by many people , a shark case , because it is thinner than the Dolphin cases )

Perhaps a new thread, only , to state the interest , and the need for them to start making 14 s 4p and 14s 5p shark cases with side swipe dismount .

With the side swipe dismount feature , it would be possible for them to make 14s cases and still fit into small and medium size bike frames,
also
Anyone who rides a rear suspension frame bike would really need the side swipe dismount design in order to easily put on and take off the battery.

madin88 said:
@ ScooterMan
it might be better if you start a new thread about this different case.

10s4p or 13s3p seems the opposite direction the market is moving...

Yea, we need them to start making 13 s 4 p and 5 p Side Release " Shark " Cases, ( Side Release version for those of us with small / and or / full suspension frames .
and
14 s 4 p and 5 p , Side Release " Shark " Cases,

any work on the current ones shown on a few posts above the side release one , ( the post with the pictures, by 3tsla) ?

Where can we buy a 10s 4p or 13 s 4 p , side release , thin " shark " case now ?

What is this side release? Each case design has a manufacturer designation. "Shark" typically refers to Hailong-1.
Have any other part number? Is it a Hailong case?

I got my Hailong case. price was about 50€ delivered to my door.
will built it up soon (using 13s4p GA cells and 40A smart BMS).
the case really looks cheap built. thin wallthickness, not waterproof (no sealing at least) and the connectors also look a bit cheap.
Otherwise i'm happy with it and future will tell how it works on my fathers e-bike :)

btw: the side swap case i have seen one for 13s4p which did look identical, but i don't know if that was a typo in the description or true.

The quality difference between he Hailong 1 (Shark) and Reention Atlas DA-1 (Dolphin) are quite evident when you have both side by side.

Dolphin cases are far tougher. Shark has plastic bracket the Dolphin is steel.

Madin88,
Do you have a link to where you got your shark case ?

The side Swipe, or I think it should be called side dismount, case , is what I need for my frame that does not hold a regular case.
Since I live in a very Dry State, and 99% of the time I ride when it is not raining, I can do a little water proofing my self, and even also look
at the connectors and make better ones myself.

tomjasz,
My bike will not be able to fit a Dolphin Case inside the frame , so I must make due with a Shark Case.
the side dismount/mount feature is also a must .

tomjasz said:
The quality difference between he Hailong 1 (Shark) and Reention Atlas DA-1 (Dolphin) are quite evident when you have both side by side.

Dolphin cases are far tougher. Shark has plastic bracket the Dolphin is steel.
madin88 said:
I got my Hailong case. price was about 50€ delivered to my door.
will built it up soon (using 13s4p GA cells and 40A smart BMS).
the case really looks cheap built. thin wallthickness, not waterproof (no sealing at least) and the connectors also look a bit cheap.
Otherwise i'm happy with it and future will tell how it works on my fathers e-bike :)

btw: the side swap case i have seen one for 13s4p which did look identical, but i don't know if that was a typo in the description or true.

This appears to be the side dismount case:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Down-tube-electric-bicycle-battery-case-and-lithium-ion-storage-box-and-container-for-36V-muntain/1816683_32656122431.html

The drawing in the description indicates this model (2016) is 34mm longer and 12mm thinner than the old (2015) model.

When I clicked on this link, it said, " Item No Longer Available "

Well it was only for a 36 volt configuration anyway .

I am really looking for a 14s 3p, / 14s 4p / 14s 5p version of the thin sideways dismount anyway.

Peregrine said:
This appears to be the side dismount case:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Down-tube-electric-bicycle-battery-case-and-lithium-ion-storage-box-and-container-for-36V-muntain/1816683_32656122431.html

The drawing in the description indicates this model (2016) is 34mm longer and 12mm thinner than the old (2015) model.

I have a Shark case I'll sell. I bought it and was disappointed and prefer the Reention Atlas, Dolphin.

It was $56 delivered. PM

PayPal F&F or trade?

Back