Enclosure for batteries (3d print/other) PLEASE POST LINKS

bbcane78

1 W
I'm looking for a good 3D printable enclosure for a one motor setup, VESC, 6 2S3P batteries. If anyone has links for good ones please send them. Needed for a rayne nemesis deck, looking preferably for ones in similar size or design to the boosted enclosures. Please send any links you may have or know of.

torqueboards said:
I can make one for you and upload the .stl file to Thingiverse.

What length, height, width are you looking for?

I'd assume, you'd want it separate.

That would be awesome. This board may be trick though, the bottom is not flat. It is 26 centimeters wide but is only flat for about 13 centimeters in the middle and then curves. The difference at the edge is 1.5 centimeters. The battery enclosure can be 20x34x4 centimeters. The 4 centimeters is at the center, at the edges it is 5 centimeters. Im not sure how you can determine the gradient to use but the board is a rayne nemesis so if you have worked with one of those before maybe you know. For the ESC part it can be 22x12x5, and the 5 will work for the whole height, no change.

bbcane78 said:
torqueboards said:
I can make one for you and upload the .stl file to Thingiverse.

What length, height, width are you looking for?

I'd assume, you'd want it separate.

That would be awesome. This board may be trick though, the bottom is not flat. It is 26 centimeters wide but is only flat for about 13 centimeters in the middle and then curves. The difference at the edge is 1.5 centimeters. The battery enclosure can be 20x34x4 centimeters. The 4 centimeters is at the center, at the edges it is 5 centimeters. Im not sure how you can determine the gradient to use but the board is a rayne nemesis so if you have worked with one of those before maybe you know. For the ESC part it can be 22x12x5, and the 5 will work for the whole height, no change.

Are you still working on it? Or not doing it, just wondering so I can look elsewhere if it is too challenging with the concave of the board.

I've got this one, which accommodates 1 vesc and nothing else. The only reason I didn't combine everything on my board to one enclosure is that I didn't want to have to re-solder everything. As a result it looks like a snake; with separate cases for batteries, antispark & ESC.
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 9.57.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 9.57.14 PM.png
Its an easy print, but you need a raft for the lid. You also need Fusion 360 so you can adjust the hole positioning to get it perfect for your VESC if you soldered on bullets.

Montiey said:
I've got this one, which accommodates 1 vesc and nothing else. The only reason I didn't combine everything on my board to one enclosure is that I didn't want to have to re-solder everything. As a result it looks like a snake; with separate cases for batteries, antispark & ESC.
View attachment 1

Its an easy print, but you need a raft for the lid. You also need Fusion 360 so you can adjust the hole positioning to get it perfect for your VESC if you soldered on bullets.

What do you mean I need a raft for the lid?

You just can't print it directly onto the bed. A raft is just a layer of hollow, disposable support material to help combat warping and adhesion issues for large, flat parts like the lid.
See: http://reprap.org/wiki/Raft#Raft[pre][/pre]
raft.jpg

I am looking for a case that is long enough for 6 zippy batteries. If dimensions would help, something around 30-35cm by 16cm by 3.5cm. If anyone knows of one that can be 3d printed or a site that has good containers that can be converted into enclosure please post them here. Anything helps!

Back