CHEAP NEW ORIGINAL 18650 21700 BATTERY CELLS, POUCHES AND PACKS

i know what a c rating is and amps and volts. there is often a peak burst number batteries are rated at. sometimes not. there often isn't a time period given. wondering how important even the c rating is when they start throwing in a burst current. it makes it hazy. will you damage the batteries or not. and can it be assumed that a burst of an increase of roughly 50 percent of the max continuous is ok..for unknown time. is it jsut defined by the temp it will get to? what temp is too much?

ive seen discharge being used to discribe batteries.
Ive also read about batteries not producing any current when there is too much draw. maybe there is somewhat of a fuse that hits? dont know just seen discharge tests showing this.
i understand this is the for sale section but i cant find a burst number for these cells and am questioning burst numbers period.

> Well almost everywhere you see 18650 cells or Lipo or Lifepo4 you will see some reference to C value.

Yes, of course I have seen those horrible "C" numbers and I do know what they mean.
And everytime I wished, they would fire the marketing people that came up with this confusing term.
The "C"s are mainly used in the LIPO-world for the RC-users that are impressed by such "hype" words.
When you Google for it, you will find how to convert the ominous "C"s into the real-world "Amperes" (Capacity X C = Max Amperes)
In the 18650 specs you rarely find "C"s but the Max Amperes

Here is a correct and very helpful Spec for a battery - that also shows the "BURST" values that Hummina was looking for :
https://batterybro.com/products/samsung-inr18650-25r5?variant=3281103619
spec2.png
Note that the word "discharge" in this spec does not stand as a term for CURRENT,
it is just meant to differenciate it from the *charge* current in the last line.

Cheers, Ulli
PS: Note that the numbers in the picture are for a DIFFERENT BATTERY than the ones in this thread and are just used as an example!

Hillhater said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:
i guess even though a burst isn't published for the sanyos here it can be assumed similar to another 10amp max cell.
..NO ! :roll:
Dangerous assumption.

Samsung doesn't seem to publish a burst graph, but samsung's site as well as LG's, show a smorgasbord of safety tests done including heat and shorting and everything passes with no fires. I think cells are getting safer.

I didn't get them thought and got the LG Hg2 3000mah with 20amp-ability for almost 100$ more. Now no one can roll their eyes at me

ordered 120 sanyo GAs, nicely wrapped parcel reached me a few days later, cells were 11/2015 and had a remaining charge of 3.62V. didnt measure capacity cause I was eager to build 2 batteries! ;)

thanks @ tumich!

evolve carbon
evolve_battery_backsidechannel.jpg

trampa mountain board
trampa_emtb_battery2.jpg

good looking pack white pony. id be considering dribbling some hot glue down the crack between the p groups, cause if there is any chaffing between the cans you could eventually have a bonfire :wink:

ridethelightning said:
good looking pack white pony. id be considering dribbling some hot glue down the crack between the p groups, cause if there is any chaffing between the cans you could eventually have a bonfire :wink:

good point, ill do that! :)

Battery:)))

Attachments

• image-4c0f8ae135fb87b914861d8f1e4ce91a801570c9d26ab5830f333e9257d59c3a-V.jpg
    image-4c0f8ae135fb87b914861d8f1e4ce91a801570c9d26ab5830f333e9257d59c3a-V.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 1,877
zooz, I think Tumich does update the FIRST page quite frequently. He also replies to private messages quickly too.
You can view the updates as well, and see when Tumich was last online by clicking his nickname.

I tried to send a pm but am unsure if I did it correctly? I am interested in the Sanyo ga's but I am unsure of shipping to the USA. I am in Michigan. Please let me know if you received my pm. Thanks!

Tumish answers to messages in mailbox, not on forum : Im' waiting for Sanyo GA too...
1st page updated with prices.

I've sent a Private Message, but the message I sent appears in my "outbox" and there are no messages in my "sent items".

Hey tumich!

It would be great if you could update your first page, so we don't have to ask you all the time when the Sanyo NCR 18650GA are going to be available again!

Thank you

Back