Trampa HolyPro, E-Toxx, Enertion R-Spec, Hobbywing MAX6, 8S

nowind

100 W
Hey.

Got some nice new parts to play around, made a test mockup with 8S Lipo for first impressions.

file.php

file.php

file.php

Its an Race Setup with 16PLY Holypro Deck, Ultimate Trucks, Superstar Hubs.
K800_Complete.JPG
K800_Underside.JPG

I´m using the Hobbywing MAX6 Esc, ist 8S cabable with 160A current. Complete Waterproof.
K800_HW-Ma6.JPG
K800_HW-Max6-2.JPG

Got my hands on the ENERTION R-SPEC 6372 190KV Motors, geared it 11/60 on 8S Lipo.
K800_E-Toxx, Decals, Ultimate.RSPEC-1.JPG

The Board is really powerfull, not that high Topspeed as the 12S Vesc Board but an amazing Startup with lots of Torque.
Some of my clients got no luck with the VESC´s, trying some new possible reliable Setups.
Battery is a 8S 5800mAH 25C ZippyCompact at the moment for the test mockup. Will move on to the Nanotech 65/130C Batteries.

Hang Loose
Jenso

Attachments

• K800_P1000807.JPG
    K800_P1000807.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 5,890
  • K800_P1000811.JPG
    K800_P1000811.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 5,890
  • K800_P1000819.JPG
    K800_P1000819.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 5,890
Hey Bro,

thank you.

Its lighter then my other Channeltruck Boards. Around 11.3KG. Smaller Battery, no enclosures...

No Video at the moment, hope to have some time soon.

Starting from zero is very good, set the "Punch" to maximium so its like a Rocket :evil:

Decals are precutted (-; its easy to app...

Squad said:
Awesome set up! Love Your motor mounts design (probably that's why mine are gonna look similiar :D ). I'm wondering how many people are there riding electric Trampa boards in Europe...

Thanks Mate, its getting more and more people :lol: just awesome to ride these machines...

nowind said:
Squad said:
Awesome set up! Love Your motor mounts design (probably that's why mine are gonna look similiar :D ). I'm wondering how many people are there riding electric Trampa boards in Europe...

Thanks Mate, its getting more and more people :lol: just awesome to ride these machines...

I foresee european electric mountainboarding league in the future :D seems like germany is going to have major representation :lol:

nice jens, love the decals too - without something like that its just too much aluminum! Ideally Id like to have pre-milled eloxated aluminum!! :D

its probably hard to tell how the rspecc 6374 compare to the SK3 6374? the SKs really left a great impression for me!

Squad said:
nowind said:
Squad said:

I foresee european electric mountainboarding league in the future :D seems like germany is going to have major representation :lol:

Hehehe... I´m not sure if its really germany, maybe more cracy electric guys in France :lol:

whitepony said:
nice jens, love the decals too - without something like that its just too much aluminum! Ideally Id like to have pre-milled eloxated aluminum!! :D

its probably hard to tell how the rspecc 6374 compare to the SK3 6374? the SKs really left a great impression for me!

Thanks man, yeah the idea of pre-milled eloxated aluminium i like a lot too. Need a guy who will do the eloxal job...

Cant compare the RSPEC at the moment. I use a different operating Voltage and other ESC´s... Hard to tell!
But its an nice made Motor, looks really like quality stuff. Nice details like the Keyway and retaining ring slots, better silicone wires.

Also its lighter then the SK3... about 50gramms

Have had some testruns today, made a video... will upload later.
Its not so sensitiv like the VESC, its more an ass kicker with lots of torque from standstill.
The braking noise is not nice but i´m knowing this from the time before VESC (-;

@ sraff
He already answered that question. See above.

I just ordered one of those ESCs, will try it out on my board with 8S and single 6374 motor.

@nowind
As ever, really cool man! Hut ab.

Rikobonito said:
insane ride session !!! awesome configuration, thanks for your test and sharing :p
Thanks Riko, always trying to reach out the limits. Sharing knowledge is the key (-;

sraff said:
which is more powerful: this board or the sk3+vesc ?
For the real topspeed hunters the high voltage Vesc will bring of course the better Result, its just 33% more revolutions on the motor.
For me its more the Torque thats interresting, since i using the vesc (about 6 Month) i thought that there is a little little delay in torque.
Hard to explain, its an absolutely amazing ESC and nothing else is so sensitive like the VESC but the punch of the HW is on low revolutions higher imo.

WeeChumlee said:
@ sraff
He already answered that question. See above.

I just ordered one of those ESCs, will try it out on my board with 8S and single 6374 motor.

@nowind
As ever, really cool man! Hut ab.

Hey mate, thanks. "Hut ab" :mrgreen:

I have used Hobbywing ESC´s for many years now, earlier with RC cars then one year with the EMTB´s.
They are plug and play solutions imo that everyone could easy install and setup.
They are Waterproof and have no temperature problems anytime.
And after the released the 8S ones i just wanna know how they perform. And they do good :evil:

Well I am looking forward to trying the MAX6 out.
With the VESC I find the "punch" is not there. Maybe a setting issue but as I have no idea what that setting can be (i.e. Boost - what exactly is that and how high can/should it be?)
Also for my single motor build it cannot handle the generated heat on longer/steeper inclines.
Not knocking the VESC at all, great piece of kit - just did not work for me on my single motor build. On my dual they are great.
What I do not like as much with this MAX6 is the fan, I ride on the beach promenade a lot, so lots of sand which is going to be drawn into the enclosure.
Will have to remake the enclosure at some point to make for easy internal leaning - but I was going to make a new one anyway so no worries.
Also, vibration will could possibly kill the fan at some point so have to see how long it lasts.

@nowind
Keep on inspiring us. Guys like youself, okp, whitepony etc. really are an inspiration with your ideas and designs. I do like following your threads and am at awe at what you guys create.
(Though you do make my builds look crappy so I hate you a bit for that. :p )

this is great to get such feedback especially the video which gives even more credibility to the rider feeling.

I am quite amazed to see so much torque on 8S ! I think on the VESC, either if you go 10S, 12S... you got the current control that make it feel the same from a startup point of view. I am running a 0.050 startup boost and even if it's a beast, it's still not "fully direct" as it could be with a non-VESC. I really got your impressions and had the same when moving from APS ESC to VESC. For a race setup, torque is key because it gives you this advantage on demand to get the proper grip/launch for jumps.

The sound of the MAX6 is pretty good too. If we talk about max speed, how fast do you think your 8S would be able to push you?

That's definitely a nice combo that fits its purpose... brutality while still keeping it light. I would compare VESC as an equalizer... whereas when you EMTB race, you just don't need an equalizer, you need direct control.

as a side note, I tried traction control in the good old days on my VESCs but really can't see the benefit when riding

great job Jens ! you are quite like the guru of E-MTB :D

I wanna really thank you guys for this nice feedback :)
I do my best to give the comunity something back !

The question about the max possible StartUp Boost Setting: I have heard that you should not go over 0.1, thats what i used in all my setups.
The Motorcurrent is always on 100A, batterycurrent stays at 60A. Tryed to move higher with both but then i get "cut offs" by hard accelaration. :shock:

OKP you asked about the Topspeed on 8S:
Its geared 11/60 on 8S, should be good for about 40KmH:
Topspeed-8S.PNG

I think by this Setup the batteries are the "weak point" at the moment.
Get some 65C Nanotecs for testing:

nanotec-wheight.JPG
nanotec-onboard.JPG

Heavier then the 5800-25C ZippyCompact, hopefully they deliever more power (-;

I will test also the new "Graphene 90C" packs from HK.

Keep you updated.
Hang Loose
Jenso

Hey.

The Nanotech is what these kind of Setup needs (-; feelable more torque and topspeed :twisted:

Some video footage from today...

Man i love this E-Mtb stuff so much, you finish work, take your Board and surfing the Dirt ... eat, sleep, repeat

[youtube]dSswwaDubS8[/youtube]

Hang Loose
Jenso

another awesome video!

how did you mount the pack? Scotch extreme fasteners?

Man I really want to build a Emountainboard too bad it will cost $1300-1500 usd :(

Back