Parallel Harness

bbcane78

1 W
If I wanted to put two of these batteries in parallel should i use an XT90 Y harness or an XT60 Y harness?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281865122600

Hey.

The linked batteries are crap... Go with something with higher C Rating

I would use XT90 Connectors too.

Greetz

nowind said:
Hey.

The linked batteries are crap... Go with something with higher C Rating

I would use XT90 Connectors too.

Greetz
If i wanted to use two 9s batteries in parallel would i need XT90s? The batteries would be 3 3S1P in series with 20-30C output.

XT60 can do 60A for a long time - my personal experience. They are much smaller if space is an issue. If not, xt90 is always nice and you can get them with anti spark resistor included.
The batteries are ok if you don't need to pull too many amps. Saying they are crap generally is bs. It depends on your power needs and on how many you want to put in parallel.

izeman said:
XT60 can do 60A for a long time - my personal experience. They are much smaller if space is an issue. If not, xt90 is always nice and you can get them with anti spark resistor included.
The batteries are ok if you don't need to pull too many amps. Saying they are crap generally is bs. It depends on your power needs and on how many you want to put in parallel.

If I setup those in batteries in parallel I would have 20-30C for 10000mAh, so I would be pulling 200-300A right? Is the VESC able to handle this or am i thinking about this wrong? I dont want to do this and end up screwing my board up. Even with the XT90 connectors for parallel, it would go to my watt meter and VESC which both have XT60s.

Technically, you can pull 20-30C but the rating is never the actual rating.. Besides, we don't use that much power anyways. You'd knock yourself off.

Typically, we only use about 10-80amps.

VESC can be limited by current per motor which is usually about 50-60amps.

XT90's are fine if you want more durability. XT60's will work too and are capable of higher than 60amps.

The reason to go bigger I suppose is due to having a bigger output. I always prefer bigger as well.

izeman said:

Yes you are right, dont wanna made these batteries bad in generall. If you go with more Packs in parallel then they will perform good i guess.

Back