Finally we are ready for some action. Here is what's up for sales:
More pictures: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 0#p1153207
We call it Tiny BMS. Because it's obvious.
The BMS has been discussed in depth on this thread: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 14&t=76011
Please keep all the technical Q&As there.
There are two models available:
Both models include:
- open protocol USART communication, USB and bluetooth available (BT module and USB-USART converter available separately)
- fully configurable settings: cell count, capacity, voltages, temperatures, etc.
- event log, statistics, encrypted bootloader for firmware updates
- 100 mA balancing current
- one internal and 2 external temperature probes (external probes available separately)
- status LED and warning buzzer
- 5V output
- CycleAnalyst v3 compatibility: periodic data broadcast using CA v3 protocol (there are Android apps available! here
adds some more value:
- obviously includes bidirectional 150A hall sensor
- includes additional connector for bidirectional 750A LEM sensor (sensor available separately)
- Includes aluminum plate for heatsinking and better mechanical protection
- includes two additional connectors with programmable universal inputs and outputs:
- - inputs: digital 0-70V;
- - inputs: analogue 0-70V;
- - outputs: digital active low (open drain) with PWM ability
This all gives the ability to:
- speed input: measure speed and predict remaining operating time or distance
- control the contactors (24V and 12V as well, thanks to PWM/DAC!)
- wakeup/ignition signal input
- drive of motor controller's "enable" input, so no need for large, heavy and expensive contactor in many cases (up to 600A at the moment, limited only by current sensor).
Please note that, while the product was tested and showed good results, it is still quite fresh and there could be some small bugs and some features might need some tweaking. Especially programmable IOs on 150A model. But firmware upgrades will be provided regularly and many new features will be available in time, and for free.