Vector bike and frame owners.

Rik D said:
Can anyone tell me what headset is compatible with the Vector frame please ? Ive received a frame and Vector supplied DNM forks but the headset i had was un unsuitable size ........... Artur is out of stock with them and wont have any in for 2 weeks , was hopeing to be up and running bye then , so was hoping to alternativly sorce somwhere . Thanks Rik
My Vector frames used 1 1/8 but i think they are different now
Take it to your local bike shop you'll have it sorted out in no time

Thanks , but spoke to my local bike shop and gave him the head tube dimensions and he advised me to consult the manufacturer for the best pairing of headset and frame , so am none the wiser realy ..... Thanks for the quick responce !

I have also asked for such headset on my local stor because I´ve forgot that I have ordered on from Artur (lol). He said he has never seen such stuff and that it´s really unnormal size. Well, I hope they will be here soon, same for battery and rear rim so I can finally finish my vector built.. :)

Yes my local store pretty much said the same , maybee Artur can point us in the right direction ? :idea:

Rik D said:
Can anyone tell me what headset is compatible with the Vector frame please ? Ive received a frame and Vector supplied DNM forks but the headset i had was un unsuitable size ........... Artur is out of stock with them and wont have any in for 2 weeks , was hopeing to be up and running bye then , so was hoping to alternativly sorce somwhere . Thanks Rik

This one should fit: http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32227517674.html

our headset will be 20$.

Rik D said:
Yes my local store pretty much said the same , maybee Artur can point us in the right direction ? :idea:

We made headtube of this size to be able to use 1,1/8"; 1,5"-1,1/8; 1,5" forks on Vector frame. Normaly we should have had it already, but because of 3 weeks of chinese new year celebration we need to wait now .. sorry guys..

Regards,
Artur

Ok , thanks again Arthur for your quick response . I love the fact that you are open to answering these questions its very helpful . I doubt if many manufacturers are quite as easy to access and open to discuss ......... Good on you Artur !

image.jpg
Love it! Now some footpads for second passenger and we all can pick up the ladys :lol: Na, just kidding, but some footpads would be nice. :)

Could someone please upload a picture of his rear and front brake? My rearbrake doesn´t fit because the screws are too short (at least I hope I tried to use the right one, black collored), and my front brake is 5mm to wide on the left side, also with the adapter I have got from Artur.

SOLVED: I have got a little, uncollored steal-adapter I have to put in between of the fork and the brake. :)

How do I mount the Max-E Controller outside of the frame? There are four screw holes which seem to be made for mounting it on the outside of the frame but I just don't have any screws for these tiny little holes for it. Any help? :roll:

DasDouble said:
How do I mount the Max-E Controller outside of the frame? There are four screw holes which seem to be made for mounting it on the outside of the frame but I just don't have any screws for these tiny little holes for it. Any help? :roll:

Why mount it outside the frame and not inside the battery box? Inside the box controller is better shielded against the elements.
You could ie mount it up top of the inside of the frame, just make a bracket that fits the two horizontal bars on top.

Or you could do it like madin88 did, with an extra heat sink sticking out of the lower triangle for better cooling while the controller itself was shielded inside.

Look up a few vector build treads and you will see how to do it. Screws, go to the local hardware store and get some. Or ask you neighbor, uncle or the mailman.

Other question: There has been someone who made some pretty nice Dirtbike-like mudguards for his Vector. Who was that? While waiting for my battery and headset I´m planing to build something similar like that. Just like on this photo. You can see a Vector with Moto-Seat, superimposed with a KTM EXC 125. The KTM has a transparency of 30% anymore. Looks quite interesting:

file.php

And the original pictures:
3.jpg

125_EXC_Six_Days.jpg

For better view for details, here the bare frame of the KTM:

350_EXC_F_stripped_90.jpg

Attachments

• Vector vs KTM mud guards.jpg
    Vector vs KTM mud guards.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,232
DasDouble said:
Other question: There has been someone who made some pretty nice Dirtbike-like mudguards for his Vector.

Hey DasDouble it was me :D

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69605

Anyway see below photos

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2097.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,512
  • IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,512
  • IMG_2152.JPG
    IMG_2152.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,512
Artur said:
the controller is not protected against water, this is a minus in your mudguards. But they looks greate for sure! :)

Here is mine variant:

7g3FLCK3akA.jpg

WOW Artur
that looks cool 8)

Can upload a photo of your twin front brake rotors and calipers also what forks are they :?:

Cheers Kiwi

Are you folks selling those mudguards? I have a mudhugger rear fender, but it probably needs some modifications in order to get it to fit.

Artur said:
the controller is not protected against water, this is a minus in your mudguards. But they looks greate for sure! :)

Here is mine variant:

7g3FLCK3akA.jpg

Hello Vector owners and enthousiasts. Do any of you run a Sclumpf or ATS High Speed Drive (2.5 ratio) on your Vector frames?

I'm in the process of building an e-bike, and it's important to me that I can still pedal comfortably while cruising at 40+ mph.

Thanks.

sh33p said:
Are you folks selling those mudguards? I have a mudhugger rear fender, but it probably needs some modifications in order to get it to fit.

Artur said:

Here is mine variant:

7g3FLCK3akA.jpg

I think you can buy them on class-cycles :)

Back