Greentime controller review Don't buy from Greentime

John Bozi

100 kW
Don't buy a Greentime controller or any other product from greentime.

I pledge to never buy another product from greentime and don't want another ES member to get sucked into Leo Liu's Aliexpress business vacuum.

After buying a greentime controller from him which I didn't use right away I passed the protection phase and probably his interest to help me.

Basically I have tried to find out how to turn the controller off and on when there is no ignition wire or switch. There has been only one reply that shows that he has not read any messages I sent him.

Yes I have opened it up looking for ways to connect, no he doesnt have a manual, no he did not send me the product that was in the picture I thought I bought. No the pictures he sends as reference are not the same as the product I bought. No he didn't put a purple red wire on mine.

I am not into waiting over a month from some one as lazy or rude as this seller to tell me the same information that is not information.

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM. I WILL NOT EVER AGAIN. :evil:

It's ok if you just want to have the above, here in this forum (EV Business World) but to reach more people I'd recommend writing this up as a more thorough review/test instead, so we can move this thread over into that section.

12316256_10153667135184845_6248504782640878699_n.jpg

12316528_10153667135164845_6526097622754685347_n.jpg

12310445_10153667135144845_4745089122114042404_n.jpg

11224864_10153667135234845_4158571617822478426_n.jpg

12347769_10153667135254845_8530808647368593219_n.jpg

12316059_10153667135284845_3715669000997771704_n.jpg

So, after a long time of pulling my hair out trying to find ignition wire information about my greentime controller, which just kept coming back as useless because

he would not read posts that I sent,
demanded me to download and install programmes on my computer = trade manager (which I did but it would not work = couldn't sign in.

Why couldn't he reply to email or on aliexpress site which we did the business through?

Why couldn't he just include a list of colours in text with the greentime controller?

I am not an electrician and have no prior knowledge about how to solve electronics problems. I had a friend of mine guide me to look inside the controller and list what I could see.

The result was to try doing something with the single purple wire (which as currently stands in Leo's explanations is the ignition wire)

I never got to plug this controller into a motor because at the time I was waiting for my mid drive to arrive. All I did was plug 12s1p into the controller power red and black wires with the CA connected and the CA instantly came on. When I disconnected the battery the CA would count down to zero over 30 seconds. Seemed unusual.

Anyways so we looked for where there might be something to disconnect in the controller and the purple wire was the point we tried, because it was connected to a point where there two little spots of solder joined. My friend suggest trying to split that bit of solder to see if it would turn off the CA.

I tried and it did nothing. The CA was still on.

I was sick of the controller, I gave up after that. I sold it an Aussie guy, who the controller worked with the CA the same as me but tried plugging it in to his motor and the rest, the motor didn't make any sign of movement..... He tried rejoining the point which I had split and the controller let off smoke and now doesn't work.

I have offered to refund the cash at anytime he wants it, but has taken it upon himself as a loss, which I will still pay him back for.

In the meantime some communication has continued with Leo, with a final offer from him to give me a refund or a new controller if I ship this one back to him FIRST.

I refuse to do that, because we have already lost enough money because of his lack of information and do not see the point in spending more money on the shipping when he has clearly showed so far how much you can trust him.

I have requested as a compromise he pay $50 au the shipping upfront (this is the same amount he charges us) and I will make sure the controller gets sent back.

That still does not leave us with a controller or a refund. From there he can then pay shipping and send a new one, or just send a total refund for the whole price I paid which would go to cover the guy in full.

I don't see the point in his request for me to send him back the damaged onE first unless he doesn't trust me. I don't trust him and he has definately showed no reason why I should trust him with even more money invested in shipping it back.

He is at fault for misinformation and a lack of information.

Communication stopped after I said he must pay the shipping upfront for me to ship to him.

As a result, I will continue to tell everybody to never buy from him.

Your not the only one he has done this to. Same MO. No excuse for not labeling wires. None. Just plain old bad quality by the sales staff. Even if the controllers are excellent, what are the odds that you will not damage something guessing on connections. Not worth the risk dealing with a company like this. I hope for their sake they straighten out. Not holding my breath or dealing with them again because of the same issue.

With the main power wires already connected you turn the controller on by connecting the stand alone purple wire to battery positive. Sometimes their controllers have an extra red wire that shows + pack voltage that you can use as the supply for the purple. It's simple either way.

I have a big Curtis controller that I bought years ago and I have no idea how to hook up. It didn't come with a manual or labeled wiring, and it's old enough that their manual isn't listed on their website. Does that mean I should start thread warning people not to buy Curtis controllers? No, I'll figure out how to connect some day when I get around to using it.

John in CR said:
With the main power wires already connected you turn the controller on by connecting the stand alone purple wire to battery positive. Sometimes their controllers have an extra red wire that shows + pack voltage that you can use as the supply for the purple. It's simple either way.

I have a big Curtis controller that I bought years ago and I have no idea how to hook up. It didn't come with a manual or labeled wiring, and it's old enough that their manual isn't listed on their website. Does that mean I should start thread warning people not to buy Curtis controllers? No, I'll figure out how to connect some day when I get around to using it.

The power is already on, I want a switch to turn it off.

When you buy a product you expect to know how to use it. At least you expect the seller to let you know how to use it. He did not provide the information, and then he provided the wrong information. When I spend money on a product I expect it to work when it arrives, it's totally unacceptable to have to wait months for the information.

Is it ok to create a warning thread? YES.

John Bozi,
Absolute right.
You have very valid reason to create thread to warn people.
Those who sell here would however try to bash and discourage members to post such warnings.

I was looking for a 60 volt sensorless controller .
Greentime advertised them for 25 dollars plus 10 dollars shipping Two items were listed as being included in the price
1 a controller.
2 a wiring diagram.
I ordered two controllers.
The controllers arrived without the promised wiring diagram.

I can identify the phase conductors and the battery wires as well as the brake and throttle. nothing is known the dozen or so wires left.
when I feel like messing around with random wires I will try again ..

I should be confidently hooking up my purchased controller not gently trying some random crap wiring scheme.

I emailed him through aliexpress dozens of times asking for the wiring diagram he blew me off.
I imitated a complaint through aliexpress. I won 7 dollars WTF
Never again will I use greentime.

He finally answered me He does not know where to send the wiring diagram despite me including my email address constantly.in every request for the advertised wiring diagram.

I lost track of this complain post until now.
You actually had me go look . Foolish me.
No labels on the sensorless controller picture, and still no controller wiring just a big FU from that crook.
I had to change this line there is a bit of anger towards the screwjob, and runaround greentime gave me.

danielrlee said:
Is there not a wiring diagram on the item listing? I just checked a couple and each connector is labeled on an image in the description.

Mine wasn't a Greentime, it was another generic one that came with all wires labeled.... And all 8 labels said Hall wires....lol. But in the end it actually ran like a champ.

Back