KiwiEVs next project fast EV

Doing it wrong.

Get the minister of finance on board, then they want it too...... If you think its an expensive habit now, just wait.... :lol:

galderdi said:
Lets hope all our finance directors never work out they can log on here and work out how much we are spending.

If I ever add a post from Ireland it means mine caught on and forced me to by her a holiday to Ireland as compensation.

Lol good luck for this weekend Greg.

Cheers Kiwi

Thanks, as a minimum I hope to have some better videos and data to work from. But I am still hopeful I can be competitive. I just hope my launch and cornering speed compensates for my lack of top end speed.

galderdi said:
Thanks, as a minimum I hope to have some better videos and data to work from. But I am still hopeful I can be competitive. I just hope my launch and cornering speed compensates for my lack of top end speed.

Try some different camera angles between runs, you it would have been interesting to have grabbed those muiltistar Lipo packs hobby king were selling 22.2 volts 10Ah $60 .

They give 350 Amps.run 6 in series and and at least 4 in parallel so 150 volts of the charge and 40 Ah cheap and bloody light.

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
Try some different camera angles between runs, you it would have been interesting to have grabbed those muiltistar Lipo packs hobby king were selling 22.2 volts 10Ah $60 .

They give 350 Amps.run 6 in series and and at least 4 in parallel so 150 volts of the charge and 40 Ah cheap and bloody light.
Cheers Kiwi

Oh dear, I missed those. Is it finished now? Was it on their website or a link on the forum? If they are still an option I'll jump all over it. I'll need to check out delivery options though.

galderdi said:
Oh dear, I missed those. Is it finished now? Was it on their website or a link on the forum? If they are still an option I'll jump all over it. I'll need to check out delivery options though.
I bought the last one's a few weeks back, sorry.
It would be worth waiting for their next sale if you can wait though as the cost per Kwh is unbeatable.

Cheers

Has been a while

And this came up :D a bit left field but looks great :D

Picking up this week going to run a HPEV AC-50 and 36 x 180 CALB batteries nice light car.

Any thoughts or pointers would be great.

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    313.9 KB · Views: 3,550
  • $_572.JPG
    $_572.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 3,550
  • $_575.JPG
    $_575.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 1,705
Looks like fun, and aircooled VWs are "easy" conversions. :mrgreen: 1,700-1,800lbs (771-816kg?) stock so it won't be as light as your sonic. For inspiration, this guy does nice VW restorations/conversions:

http://www.zelectricmotors.com

galderdi said:
Excellent, where are you thinking of mounting the batteries?

So I was thinking of mounting 14 x 180 Ah cells up front where the fuel tank mounts and 21 cells behind the back seat.

Thanks for link Oatnet have been talking to Michael from EV west he did the conversions, I know it won't be like the Sonic but it has a roof and a gearbox :D

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
Around 20Kwh which should give me 160 Kms and a Tesla beater

[youtube]ueCckQ7J55Y[/youtube]

Cheers Kiwi

160kms and a Tesla beater....but I doubt that would be on the same outing.

From my experience, excited driving excites the electrons making them jump out of the battery quicker.

I predict that the Beetle with your proposed selection of components will do 0-100 km/h in 9 seconds, reach more than 200 km/h top speed, and get 140 km range at a steady 100 km/h to full discharge. It will be a very practical conversion when finished.

The Toecutter said:
I predict that the Beetle with your proposed selection of components will do 0-100 km/h in 9 seconds, reach more than 200 km/h top speed, and get 140 km range at a steady 100 km/h to full discharge. It will be a very practical conversion when finished.

Thanks mate I hope so, after this one I have just bought a 71 superbug front disc irs rear I plan to go slow full rebuild air bag rear suspension and duel AC50 motors.
Cheers Kiwi

A quick update

Ots of projects on the go, I have ordered vac pump controller chiller, and 2 more batteries going to push out 160 volts and run the twin AC motors in the Hilux ute just more practical ATM.

Take everything out of the Sonic for the ute and either sell or keep as a race car :wink: yes and im thinking twin DC motors 8)

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
A quick update

Ots of projects on the go, I have ordered vac pump controller chiller, and 2 more batteries going to push out 160 volts and run the twin AC motors in the Hilux ute just more practical ATM.

Take everything out of the Sonic for the ute and either sell or keep as a race car :wink: yes and im thinking twin DC motors 8)

Cheers Kiwi

Awesome. I'd like to see that. Give some records a nudge

kiwiev said:
Has been a while

And this came up :D a bit left field but looks great :D

Picking up this week going to run a HPEV AC-50 and 36 x 180 CALB batteries nice light car.

Any thoughts or pointers would be great.

Cheers Kiwi

some goodies turned up today for he 66 bug conversion.

Adapter plate
engine bay covers
controller chill plate
controller chiller
controller mount

Now waiting on the motor AC-50

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2727.JPG
    IMG_2727.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,343
Samd said:
Hahaha winner.
Is that the mother controller?

Ahh you know me Sam AC all the way im addicted to Regen controller is 550amp 85 volts Curtis its the only conversion I've done where I have had to back down the amps and acceleration rates the bloody thing was wheel standing :lol:

Cheers Kiwi

Cowardlyduck said:
Looking great mate. I'm guessing you got a decent dump over the last few days.
We even had some snow in the backyard here in Canberra this morning.

Cheers

Thanks CD

Yeah it was a good dump of snow now feels like spring :x

Got the suspension sorted on the VW bug now just waiting on motors to turn up.

Cheers Kiwi

Back