QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

Just verified that the hall-sensors in my QS single-side axle hub is wrongly connected.

Applying 5 V to red and gnd to black, these voltages appear when spinning wheel slowly:
Green: 0 - 2.7 V
Yellow: 0 - 0.6 V
Blue: 0 - 0.6 V

Seems like the hall sensor hookup is wrong. Need to remove sidecover to verify, any hints on how to pull the sidecover off? Single side axle with wire coming out in middle, so kind of hard getting a spindle puller rigged correctly.

I have opened the left side cover hammering the shaft on the other side with a rubber hammer and pulling the cover with this hi tech stuff:
20160226_130423_1.jpg

I just upload the "QS 273 40H V3 45X4T vs QS 205 50H V3 24X5T Stators" on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/QSMOTOR.VitoHo/posts/1697698077155812

Here is the pictures for reference.
13254786_1697697120489241_5182372875838987425_o.jpg
13217316_1697697127155907_1167920070633834333_o.jpg
13244154_1697697113822575_6640033058517070823_o.jpg

Best Regards

Allex said:
What about this one :D
HTB13FX4GXXXXXX4XVXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg

This is dual stator hub motor, it could be customized.
Dual stator 2X50H V3 Watercooled Spoke Hub Motor, here is the drawing for reference.
Dual Stator Spoke Hub Motr Drawing.jpg

双定子水冷辐条电机 1.jpg双定子水冷辐条电机 2.jpg双定子水冷辐条电机 3.jpgView attachment 1双定子水冷辐条电机 5.jpg

Best Regards

Allex said:
As Madin said, Watch from 60seconds about ideas for weight reduction.
[youtube]ljoA8xznXb0[/youtube]

Thank you, we will check.

bigbore said:
With a custom swingarm with 360mm dropout I can mount it on the Bomber :mrgreen: :D :shock:
:lol:

For future motors, the wheel will be so much stronger for side loading if the spoke flanges are spread out towards the edges of the hub. The more angle the spokes have going to the rim the more strength the wheel will have.

I love your awesome performance motors!

QSMOTOR said:
I just upload the "QS 273 40H V3 45X4T vs QS 205 50H V3 24X5T Stators" on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/QSMOTOR.VitoHo/posts/1697698077155812

Best Regards

Seems that fb link does not work.

Allex said:
What about this one :D
JO9unhP.jpg

What motor is that? Dual stator 273 or 250? Or something else maybe?

gensem said:
Luke are you using your 273 16.8kv bicycle hub already?

:D

Doc

Doctorbass said:
gensem said:

Doc

+1 .. Luke give us a update!!!

common man.. i'll race your nyx bike with my dual winding hub motor ebike .. :twisted:

not the deathbike though.. i don't want to get own'd by that machine hahah.. or maybe with a with a decent head start... hmmm .. 70kw vs .. 32kw + hmm

-steveo

steveo said:
Doctorbass said:
gensem said:

Doc

+1 .. Luke give us a update!!!

common man.. i'll race your nyx bike with my dual winding hub motor ebike .. :twisted:

not the deathbike though.. i don't want to get own'd by that machine hahah.. or maybe with a with a decent head start... hmmm .. 70kw vs .. 32kw + hmm

-steveo

I have 2 NYX frames, forks, front wheel, 650A motor controller setup, battery, bars/cranks/pedals/seat/brakes.

I also have a rear rim for it, but what I'm stalled on it making a wheel that will take the kind of abuse I want to throw at it. The last 3 hubmotor wheels I built all died the first time I took them on our local downhill trails and did some high speed stair climbing and drops. I'm kinda over the spoke concept for hubmotors. I'm exploring making a carbon/epoxy joint between motor and rim.

With the controller I've got for it, it should do ~120mph and wheelie at most any point on the way there. Happy to race anything you want to throw at it. :twisted: :twisted:

liveforphysics said:
I have 2 NYX frames, forks, front wheel, 650A motor controller setup, battery, bars/cranks/pedals/seat/brakes.

I also have a rear rim for it, but what I'm stalled on it making a wheel that will take the kind of abuse I want to throw at it. The last 3 hubmotor wheels I built all died the first time I took them on our local downhill trails and did some high speed stair climbing and drops. I'm kinda over the spoke concept for hubmotors. I'm exploring making a carbon/epoxy joint between motor and rim.

With the controller I've got for it, it should do ~120mph and wheelie at most any point on the way there. Happy to race anything you want to throw at it. :twisted: :twisted:

My 273 40h should arrive in 15 days (unless vito rush it for me). I ll post a pic of the wheel probably in 3 weeks. Its a 17" 1.85 rim so it might not be what you are looking for (19" makes more sense for dh and stairs). Im almost sure motor flange will go before spokes/rim.

I always thought the 273 motor should use a 16" or 18" wheel so you can put a 4" wide tire on it. I think that is the ticket for a motor this heavy.

Tom

gensem said:
liveforphysics said:

My 273 40h should arrive in 15 days (unless vito rush it for me). I ll post a pic of the wheel probably in 3 weeks. Its a 17" 1.85 rim so it might not be what you are looking for (19" makes more sense for dh and stairs). Im almost sure motor flange will go before spokes/rim.

I've got a 19in x 2.0 aluminum dirtbike rim, and I agree it seems it would rip the spoke ring apart built with dirtbike spokes.

I'm looking to make it a wheel that can take abuse to match the Nyx frame (which is very strong if you've not felt one of them yet.)

I have already posted this on Adaptto threat, but maybe the guys from QS Motor do know this problem, so I post it here too. (I have a Custom made QS V3 Custom Modified (Black New Version) from Vector):

Hey guys, my Adaptto Max-E is doing crazy since some days.. Maybe you can help me with this problem:

Before it was doing crazy, it worked just fine and I was able to ride about 9-10 kilometers, but after connecting the cables of my Tektro Dorado Brakes from Vector, it was like going absolutly crazy.. I have already checked together with my uncle, who is an electric-engineer, if I have connected some cables wrong, but he says that I did everything right.

So some little explaination: Everything worked fine for 9 kilometers.. Then I had less battery left, why I decided to install regen braking to save some energy (because my Eaton charger didn´t get delivered yet because german post didn´t do their homework). So then I installed the cables. After doing that I recognized, that I was only able to push the throttle, when pressing the brake button at the same time.. I hadn´t had my soldering iron with me and have been already on the half of the way, why I didn´t installed it back. So after riding to local bicycle store and installing my chain I rode back and let off from throttle and brake button at the same time, which caused a like ermergency braking. After this everything didn´t work anymore. I cut the cables from the throttle away, hoping that the throttle will work again, but nothing. I had to push my bike the last 500 meters back home, while my rear wheel was like already blocked a bit by the magnets. (To explain this blocking thing: It feld like every single magnet of the motor did not want to move. Like "going over this magnet" was hard, but then it was easy to push the bike untill the next magnet came).

My Vector half twist throttle gets recognized by the controller when doing calibration. But when I am out of the menu, means the normal display when riding, it is not working anymore. Just like it would not exist. Sometimes, and this "sometimes" is really annoying, it shows "protective" where it normally says "Eco, normal, boost", when twisting the throttle 50%. Also when I try to autodetect, sometimes the throttle works, sometimes not. If the throttle finally works, after resetting of the controller via <Setup>, etc. it says "Halls error 2", sometimes instead of "Halls error 2" it says "Halls error 1"... :| :?: Another problem: Yesterday, after 5-6 hours of trying to fix this problem, the throttle finally got recognized, but not in this way that the wheel starts to spin, but that the wheel gets blocked just like giving extra energy into the motor so that the wheel can´t spin.. :?: :? :| :?: :!:
I would really appreciate your help...

PS: When trying to charge the battery via 30A coil and laboratory charger with 20 volts, 30 amps, the motor sometimes starts to spin, while the charger goes really hard with the Ampere (up to 20 Amps), the volts still stay at 0-2 volts. Also I want to mention, that I have already switched the 6 hall sensors from the motor, but it still says "Halls error 2" and "..1". Also: I have already reseted my controller more then 2 times via <Setup> etc..

-Elias

liveforphysics said:
I've got a 19in x 2.0 aluminum dirtbike rim, and I agree it seems it would rip the spoke ring apart built with dirtbike spokes.

I'm looking to make it a wheel that can take abuse to match the Nyx frame (which is very strong if you've not felt one of them yet.)

I did ask Vito sometime ago about cast wheels for 273hub, but it seens like I was the only one after stronger wheels.
I do think about Nyx from time to time, but it will end up costing close 1.9k usd with shipping, thats equal= 7k reais (brazilian currency) without taxes. Best case scenario it woulda end costing 8-9k reais. To put it in wage perspective it would be pretty close as if I was living in america and paying 8k usd for the frame. -.-

Ok, some measurements.
Hubmotor 18.2-18.3kg
Rear rim 17" 1.85 1.3kg
17 80/90 50S + tube = 3.5kg (heavy but 180km/h rated)
8g stainless spokes (yet to receive) around 450g

Assembled wheel 23.5kg -.-

gensem said:

i wonder why Luke wants to go down stairs or dh with something like this :)

gensem said:
Ok, some measurements.
Hubmotor 18.2-18.3kg
Rear rim 17" 1.85 1.3kg
17 80/90 50S + tube = 3.5kg (heavy but 180km/h rated)
8g stainless spokes (yet to receive) around 450g

Why not tubeless? Less weight less friction and safer. Many people have safely sealed the spoke/nipples with polyurethane/silicone or any other glue with good adhesion.
I will try that within the next couple of weeks, just follow my project if interested ;)

Also you could seal spoke nipples holes just fine doing a round or two with duct tape. Many detailed videos on youtube how to make "ghetto tubeless".
It will shave some weight, but most importantly it will ease the roadside repair if you get a flat. A tiny dynaplug, a leatherman tool and a Co2 cartidge is all that is needed. Repair a flat in less then a minute. Easy peasy and AFAIK the best reason why to ride tubeless. Another reason is with tubeless you will likely never see a puncture where all air vanish instantly and cause traction loss. That is important if doing 60 mph on an e-bike. Tubeless flats are most like to leak out slowly and you will notice on the ride quality way before tire has lost all air pressure.

Humm...

I dont really see me going tubeless unless QS releases a cast rim for 273 hub.
I had a 250cc motorcycle for like 2 years mainly used for my daily commute, it had spoked wheels and used tubes and I never had a flat. Thats probably why im not worring much about flats.

gensem said:
Humm...

I dont really see me going tubeless unless QS releases a cast rim for 273 hub.
I had a 250cc motorcycle for like 2 years mainly used for my daily commute, it had spoked wheels and used tubes and I never had a flat. Thats probably why im not worring much about flats.

Yeah but even so your 250cc didn't have a 40+lbs hubmotor stuck in the center of wheel, all that weight so far from swing arm pivot point makes a large impact on tires. And most likely your 250cc had a more sturdy suspension then your e-bike. And a lighter wheel. So hard to compare really.

Back