Viewing post history: Re: PAS (Pedal Assist Sensor) installation problems.

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: PAS (Pedal Assist Sensor) installation problems.

Postby DanoR » Sat May 21, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks all for the excellent suggestions! I'm sure that I can make one of the above work, will take some pics and post once I've decided on and implemented something. Just to clarify, in terms of how this thing works, I take it the copper colored ring is just for mounting, does not affect the function of the actual sensor. And why would it matter which direction the disc with the magnets is facing? It's just 8 magnets in a concentric ring so how does it tell which direction the ring is mounted? Is one magnet different from another? Or is it sensing the polarity? It seems that having the sensor itself mounted backwards would be more likely to result in it not working.

Dano
Edited by DanoR on Sat May 21, 2016 12:02 pm.
DanoR
1 µW
1 µW

Original post: Re: PAS (Pedal Assist Sensor) installation problems.

Postby DanoR » Sat May 21, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks all for the excellent suggestions! I'm sure that I can make one of the above work, will take some pics and post once I've decided on and implemented something.

Dano
DanoR
1 µW
1 µW

Return to E-Bike Technical