Viewing post history: Re: PAS (Pedal Assist Sensor) installation problems.

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: PAS (Pedal Assist Sensor) installation problems.

Postby DanoR » Thu May 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions! I elected to fold the sensor back to create more room and cut out the middle of the magnet ring and glue it on. This worked after the following mishaps:
1. I folded the sensor back too far and it wouldn't pick up. I struggled with it for quite some time, taking the bottom bracket off and on a couple times before I got it to work.
IMG_8435.JPG
IMG_8435.JPG (46.14 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

2. I tried to just snip the "spokes" of the magnet disc with heavy duty diagonal cutters, but the force broke the outer ring in two as well. I then took a jigsaw to the rest with better results, and gorilla glued it back together.
IMG_8436.JPG
After gluing it back together.
IMG_8436.JPG (57 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

3. After gluing it on to the crank, I couldn't for the life of me make it work! Took me far longer than I would like to admit to realize I'd unplugged it somewhere along the way. . .
4. In trying to get it to function, I had moved the sensor too far back up toward the magnets, but was too lazy to take the crank off to push it back down, so reached in with a screwdriver, putting some counter pressure on the magnet ring. . .and snapped it in half where I had glued it together. Much swearing ensued.

Didn't end up being a half hour project, but maybe someone else can learn from me. Seems to work like a champ at the moment! We'll see if it will pull my wife and kid up our 17 deg hills!

Dano
Edited by DanoR on Thu May 26, 2016 11:35 pm.
DanoR
1 µW
1 µW
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 10:59 pm

Original post: Re: PAS (Pedal Assist Sensor) installation problems.

Postby DanoR » Thu May 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions! I elected to fold the sensor back to create more room and cut out the middle of the sensor and glue it on. This worked after the following mishaps:
1. I folded the sensor back too far and it wouldn't pick up. I struggled with it for quite some time, taking the bottom bracket off and on a couple times before I got it to work.
IMG_8435.JPG

2. I tried to just snip the "spokes" of the magnet disc with heavy duty diagonal cutters, but the force broke the outer ring in two as well. I then took a jigsaw to the rest with better results, and gorilla glued it back together.
IMG_8436.JPG

3. After gluing it on to the crank, I couldn't for the life of me make it work! Took me far longer than I would like to admit to realize I'd unplugged it somewhere along the way. . .
4. In trying to get it to function, I had moved the sensor too far back up toward the magnets, but was too lazy to take the crank off to push it back down, so reached in with a screwdriver, putting some counter pressure on the magnet ring. . .and snapped it in half where I had glued it together. Much swearing ensued.

Didn't end up being a half hour project, but maybe someone else can learn from me. Seems to work like a champ at the moment! We'll see if it will pull my wife and kid up our 17 deg hills!

Dano
DanoR
1 µW
1 µW
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 10:59 pm

Return to E-Bike Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: titusmc and 21 guests