Reasons why the ebike is a world beater thread.

Today, ya mostly nEVer see an ebike with extra/empty seats. The "car", "SUV", etc on the other hand...

Austria plans to ban ICE cars by 2020.

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2016/austria-could-ban-new-gas-and-diesel-cars-by-2020

It sure will happen sooner or later, accelerating when it starts.
E-ride will change cars. With E there"s just no point to drag two tons of steel with you, if you really do not need that hauling capability.
Lighter, smaller vehicle is so much cheaper with E-ride, only a fraction of battery mass is needed.
Light three-wheelers own the future, and E-bikes of course. Something along the lines of Messerschmitt KR 200 converted to E-ride.
Tesla will find it"s buyers too sure, but i think masses will start to look for something lighter.

Japan bans old vehicles of a certain vintage. Thats why they are so cheap over there and they ship them overseas. But anywhere from Japan is overseas.

Jah. Japan (and other countries) left-hand drive, etc. So different than other countries. Ebikes on the other hand... are ambidextrous. As far as I know. :mrgreen:

Aging cyclists find that electric bikes and electric mountain bikes are major “riding season extenders”.
(Edward Benjamin, LEVA Founder & Chairman)

"stranger abduction is so unusual that children are 40 times more likely to die in a car accident than they are to be kidnapped and killed by a stranger. 2,000 American children die in car accidents every year, yet it is the rare parent who hesitates over strapping a child into a car.

http://wildhunt.org/tag/free-range-parenting

Newz from US State of Virginia: "AA and DMV warn: Animal strikes on the rise in Virginia"
http://augustafreepress.com/aa-dmv-warn-animal-strikes-rise-virginia/

In part:
In 2015, Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles logged a statewide total of 6,205 animal-vehicle crashes (up from 5,788 in 2014) leading to one fatality and 589 personal injuries (up 18% from personal injuries in 2014). There were also 5,696 property damage crashes (up 7% compared to 2014).

In future, one might hope the State breaks down these collisions between cars and trucks and ebike riders vs other animals... It may be that ebike riders are not a significant factor in these collisions?

Sad newz from Bessemer (a city southwest of Birmingham in Jefferson County, Alabama, United States)...

"Bessemer man dies while trying to free stuck car".

(No record in recorded history of anyone dying due to their stuck ebike.)

TheBeastie said:
I remember reading/watching something about some cultures consider the bike to be a sign you are poor, what countries constitute that?
Some Euro history. From the Brit satire mag "Punch" on May 4, 1895. Illustrating the change of views in vehicle over the span of just ten years:
highres_144420592.jpeg

:wink:

8 Reasons Ebikes Rock! Hehe... 25 second vid where Reason Number One "EVeryone is doing it" may seem a bit of a stretch for some. :lol:

[youtube]BIlRpmvrPP0[/youtube]

Lockh 8)

That's my video lol

Terrible quality.

Really needed to reinstall a movie maker.

Will update with a better one lol - amazed to see someone posted that here already

^^ Hehe... Hiya Striker (Parents can be kinda funny naming their kids eh? My official first name LAUGHlin. :lol: )

`Kay! If ya wanna remake a "better" version, hopefully anything here in this thread might help to "embellish".

:mrgreen: Carry on Sir!

Cheers
L

(PS... Welcome Aboard Alt. Reality Endless Sphere!)

Here in Cowgary Alberta the city has a vehicle with 18 gazillion camera's on it and they just drive around snapping pictures for anyone who hasn't paid up their parking rate. Its all automated.

How one ebiker amuses themselves... One local rag ("newspaper") has an entertainment section titled "Wheels" - about the trials and tribulations of "car" owners. And Wednesdays paper article mentions a thing "timing belt" watt the ESB reports "Search found 291 matches: +"timing belt""... Watt I can't find on my electric?

Anyway... This "Wheels" article notes "Although the part itself is cheap, perhaps every 90,000 kilometers, can approach $1,000 or more "on some models".

So. Moral of the story maybe to ride electrics... or just stay away from models, I guess.

:wink:

Hehe... Lower clothes cleaning bills (less perspiration than pedaling an antique poop-mobile)... :lol:

Back