Viewing post history: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

Postby LewTwo » Tue May 31, 2016 9:48 am

eTrike wrote:Nice stealth build. 30lbs is light!
Thank thee :)

whereswally606 wrote:Lovely clean build, one suggestion I would make is consider a gates belt instead of a chain, there is some weight to lose there for sure.
The seat stays may look removable but that 'gray' colored stuff around the ends is some sort of adhesive filler. The carbon fiber tubes are actually built up around very thin Aluminum tubes. Then the whole frame was assembled using adhesive cured under heat and pressure. The exact process was never revealed by Miyata. I do not think I want to mess with trying to take 'em apart.
Edited by LewTwo on Tue May 31, 2016 9:50 am.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Original post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

Postby LewTwo » Tue May 31, 2016 9:48 am

eTrike wrote:Nice stealth build. 30lbs is light!
Thank the.

whereswally606 wrote:Lovely clean build, one suggestion I would make is consider a gates belt instead of a chain, there is some weight to lose there for sure.
The seat stays may look removable but that 'cream' colored stuff around the ends is some sort of adhesive filler. The carbon fiber tubes are actually built up around very thin Aluminum tubes. Then the whole frame was assembled using adhesive cured under heat and pressure. The exact process was never revealed by Miyata. I do not think I want to mess with trying to take 'em apart.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Return to E-Bike Photos & Video