LMX P2 : Freeride trials motorcycle frame development

The prototype LMX is still one of the coolest looking ebikes to date. Love the progress and all the videos. Keep it up! 8)

macribs said:
bzhwindtalker said:
too bad those brakes are not manufactured any more!
hope mono 6 ti with even bigger rotor up front 242 mm front. Also 6 piston.

I based my latest build around Hope Mono6Ti 225mm front and back - because, well, 6 pistons are awesome and I too prefer rear braking vs lots of front fork dive.

Macribs is right, they are easy to find used. However, the mounts are NLA and need to contact Hope directly to have a custom batch made. And when I said I built my bike around the brakes, that meant using an older front fork. The reason is that 'IS->225mm' adapters exist and 242mm I think is only available with a 'boxer' or 'world cup' style post mount which only lasted a few years about a decade ago. There isn't any way to use them with a modern post mount fork. So I found an older Fox40 w/ an IS mount (2008'ish) and rebuilt it.

Hey man, i just wanted to congratulate you on getting this out there for sale. I've always been a big fan of your bike. One day i hope to own one!

[youtube]g48hZ-892RM[/youtube]

First time doing a video, so not sure it will work.

It's fun to see friends try ebikes for the first time. Most underestimate the touque and power...no matter how much pre-ride training you do.

My LMX is done. I am planning on doing a build thread one of these days.

Haha good one Joost, hope no one was hurt!

That kind of accident is the reason why we only use thumb trottles. We have been able to do good enduro rides with total noobs (with the girls too) with those throttle type :) also we like how asfe they are on downhills.

Adam

Epic video. :lol:
"I was born to do this" she says and then it all goes wrong.

Hope you can get her to ride again and that there was no damage to the rider.

That video is almost as good as lukes. I wasn't expecting that at all since she was creeping so slow. Thumb throttles are good until your a few miles into the ride, then im wanting my half twist back

That kind of accident is the reason why we only use thumb trottles.

That a great tip. I would eventually love to have a loaner bike set up that way.

I think I would have a hard time getting used to a thumb throttle. Swtching back and forth from the motocross gasser to the ebikes.

I also flip my brakes, so the front is on the right..muscle memory

joostj said:
It's fun to see friends try ebikes for the first time. Most underestimate the touque and power...no matter how much pre-ride training you do.

My LMX is done. I am planning on doing a build thread one of these days.

....when you re-build your bike!

adriftatsea said:
The prototype LMX is still one of the coolest looking ebikes to date. Love the progress and all the videos. Keep it up! 8)

macribs said:
bzhwindtalker said:
too bad those brakes are not manufactured any more!
hope mono 6 ti with even bigger rotor up front 242 mm front. Also 6 piston.

I based my latest build around Hope Mono6Ti 225mm front and back - because, well, 6 pistons are awesome and I too prefer rear braking vs lots of front fork dive.

Macribs is right, they are easy to find used. However, the mounts are NLA and need to contact Hope directly to have a custom batch made. And when I said I built my bike around the brakes, that meant using an older front fork. The reason is that 'IS->225mm' adapters exist and 242mm I think is only available with a 'boxer' or 'world cup' style post mount which only lasted a few years about a decade ago. There isn't any way to use them with a modern post mount fork. So I found an older Fox40 w/ an IS mount (2008'ish) and rebuilt it.

Re. 6 pot brakes, A 203mm rear I.S. to post adapter will fit a 225mm rotor on the front.
As for using post mount i had to fab my own up

Attachments

• 13346531_10154092985090199_4072866566056227075_n.jpg
    13346531_10154092985090199_4072866566056227075_n.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4,233
That thumb throttle does look pretty nice compared to the vertical ones I am familiar with. Still not sure if it will replace a half twist for me though

More details about the water cooling pls. How much lower temperatures did you see compared to stock cooling?

+1 :!:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHEfG7XgWyR
I wont show how we modded the motor, but we have approx 150 CM² of direct heat transfer area on the iron, and absolutely leak proof design.
Motor modif is pretty involved and takes about 2h all in. We were very happy that we noticed no difference in performance on the motor (kv, torque) after the mod.
We still have to optimise filling and temp expansion in the system to keep the system to go too high in pressure.
Continuous power is definitely much better!

having copper/brass radiator w/ aluminum in the loop will result in major galvanic corrosion

you might not need an air expansion chamber because of the low temps involved. the hoses have enough elasticity to deal w/ the small amount of expansion

look into organic-acid type anticorrosive/coolants i.e. "dexcool" types. these things last up to 10years in my car

certain hose materials are semi-permeable so you get water loss over time

Back