Please help identifying a recently-seen 2-wheel electric veh

philCFN

1 µW
Hi all,

I was driving home recently and saw a guy riding what I'm assuming was an electric bicycle of some sort.

The back wheel larger than the front wheel.

The frame itself was black and shaped like a single arc between the two wheels.

The rider sat directly above the back wheel and his feet rested on non-movable pedals on either side of the front wheel.

The rider held handles that were on either side of the seat pointed in a front-back orientation.

Any idea what this was? I didn't get a picture...

They're called recumbent bicycles. There's loads of different ones:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=recumbent+bicycle&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-woOtt7HNAhUGahoKHROFA20QsAQILw&biw=1280&bih=595

Did it look similar to this?

lunartic.jpg

electric-bike-rims.jpg

From first post in this thread "The back wheel larger than the front wheel." (stranger and stranger. huh)

recumbent-kid-bike.jpg

Can't tell i the rear wheel is larger, but the pedals do look kind of useless...

molybdenum said:
Can't tell i the rear wheel is larger, but the pedals do look kind of useless...

Dang, every one of ours is close, but nobody found exactly what he said. I wonder what was so striking about his that he asked about it.

Voltron said:

This one (the Yike Bike) is the closest -- but if memory serves me the large wheel was in the back and the small wheel was in the front.

Maybe he was confused and riding it backwards. :)...But seriously about half the people that tried to sit on the one we had at our shop started out facing the wrong way. They are so weird... hard to balance while starting, and it only gets worse as you go faster. To look at all the engineering, designing and manufacturing that went into that thing to produce such a terrible ride experience is mind boggling.

SlowCo said:
View attachment 1

Nice find Dauntless. That's a cool and minimalistic design.
rudder.png
The footpegs are mounted to the front fork ... so could you use the pegs to steer with your feet ... something like rudder pedals :?:
Look mom ... no hands

Back