Qulbix Q76R 18650 battery build

Wow thats a monster of a pack! :shock:

Well done with the neat build! Did you get much electrode sticking when welding the pure nickel 0.2mm sheet?

redilast said:

Well done with the neat build! Did you get much electrode sticking when welding the pure nickel 0.2mm sheet?
Nope, not once. I gave the electrode tips a clean after every plate. Just a quick hit with some sandpaper to keep them clean. I guess it also depends on the welder. I have another welder that sticks like mad, but i think its just too much power running through the weld

Nice job Quokka.
Can you share any more on the source or shipping advice. I see that Fastek have all sorts of dis allowed shipping methods now besides AU post, I very much doubt Aus Post would work.

Nice Work.

Awesome planning and great execution.

Quokka said:
redilast said:

Nope, not once. I gave the electrode tips a clean after every plate. Just a quick hit with some sandpaper to keep them clean. I guess it also depends on the welder. I have another welder that sticks like mad, but i think its just too much power running through the weld

Interesting. I'm using a professional Sunstone engineering welder and it sticks a lot with normal copper electrodes. With the special electrodes (I think they have aluminum oxide in the copper) they stick less but still its not good. For me i find if I move the electrodes immediately after firing the weld I don't get much sticking. What kind of electrodes did you use? Do you see any copper left behind on any of your spot welds?

redilast said:
Quokka said:
redilast said:

Interesting. I'm using a professional Sunstone engineering welder and it sticks a lot with normal copper electrodes. With the special electrodes (I think they have aluminum oxide in the copper) they stick less but still its not good. For me i find if I move the electrodes immediately after firing the weld I don't get much sticking. What kind of electrodes did you use? Do you see any copper left behind on any of your spot welds?

I had no sticking issues. The tips i used were off my dn-5 welder. They are copper. I have made some other DIY tips out of 6mm 99%pure copper rod and they seem fine as well, althought i only tested those with around 20 welds

Quokka said:
I had no sticking issues. The tips i used were off my dn-5 welder. They are copper. I have made some other DIY tips out of 6mm 99%pure copper rod and they seem fine as well, althought i only tested those with around 20 welds

Hard to figure. I get no sticking with nickel plated steel. But pure nickel is where I have problems.

Ohbse said:
Awesome pack build, very impressive! Mind sharing your source for the nickel sheet?
Aliexpress. Found it by searching nickel sheet. The store name is "Sophias's wholesale titanium, nickel and tantalum. It passed the obligatory salt water/ filed test to check it was nickel coated steel

Quokka said:
Ohbse said:
Awesome pack build, very impressive! Mind sharing your source for the nickel sheet?
Aliexpress. Found it by searching nickel sheet. The store name is "Sophias's wholesale titanium, nickel and tantalum. It passed the obligatory salt water/ filed test to check it was nickel coated steel

Does this price sound right?

Weight :1.43kg for 4 meters of this nickel sheet (0.2 x 200mm x 4000mm)
$158.30 + $67 shipping to U.S.

Great battery build! Everybody likes a tight fit! I need to seriously invest in a DIY spot welder setup to someday be able to do something similar... Thanks for sharing the build.

Would it make you feel better if i told you i was only running 40 amps past you lol- with a half charged battery. In boost mode it pumps out 120 8) and is pretty frieghtening to be on. I am getting a range of 120km at 40-50km average

Cool stuff with the battery.. i wish i knew this is earlier. My range with 8Parallel is only 20km. :bigthumb:

But im rebuilding the battery.

Back