Re: Street LEGAL Custom Bomber build! :-)

"Well, that escalated quickly :O" xD

Dlogic said:
[youtube]kC_C8gJkoaU[/youtube]

Lipo power can be utilized in many ways.

:mrgreen:

Amazes me that people spend time and money on that shit.
*Edit* (just realised I was saying this on a forum filled with adults building electric bikes...for fun....forget my negativity!)

Status update.

The bike has now completed 20,000 Km.

Only one issue with the controller had to be taken care of. Two fets had blown and where replaced.
Still running on the first set of Turnigy Nanotech Lipo.
Cycle count 614

The battery will be replaced next year.
Never will understand all the badmouthing on the German forums regarding China lipo.
They are delicate and yes, i did swap a total of 4 bad cells.
But that´s all.

Still love the street legal ride in total silence. :mrgreen:

Hi Dlogic,

I want to register my Vector Build in germany too. Im located at the lake of constance, so I will have to register it in munich at a special TÜV guy. Where did you got your bike registered? How much did it cost? I have asked the TÜV guy via telephone and he told me that a special "Einzelabnahme" for a motorcycle or scooter would cost about 8.000 Euros, which I can´t bevlieve, 1.) Because I don´t have that money^^ 2.) Because that´s waaaaayyy toooo expensive..

Another question: How did you managed the cold weather in germany with your batterys? Did you took them inside of your house? Or did you let them in your bike? If so, where has your bike been (outside while winter, or inside)? What has been the min. temperature for your batterys?
I ask for this because I have a 2.5kWh LiPo Turnigy Pack and would like to know how to get such a good lifetime, like you have with ~600 charging cycles.

-Regards from the Bodensee,

Elias

It cost me around 700€ to get the bike street legal.

The bike is always kept inside the house.
I did ride in the winter too. The cold temperatures though gave me a lot less range. Sometimes the battery was all drained after only 40 km.
Balancing the cells is important. I have 3 Displays installed for checking the voltage on the fly.
A special charging harness was made to be able to charge every cell individually.

The max cell voltage was set to 4,05 V.
The lowest i ever drained it was to 3,75 V.

Yes, it takes a lot of care to get this type of cycle life out of the pack.
Balanced the cells out almost every week.
A time consuming process, but worth the effort.

I don't think you have to be quite so conservative to get long life with RC lipo. I've always used a charge to 4.1v-4.15v and almost never below 3.5v. I do use time to weed out weaker cells before building a pack, but I have plenty of packs going back as old as 2010 that work fine, and a number of those packs have well over 1k cycles. Sure capacity has diminished, but as long as packs maintain decent balance they're good to me. In fact, I've only had 2 cells go bad in active packs. BMS's have killed more packs, and weeding out the weaklings before they get into a pack have identified many more bad cells.

Hm seems I am among those who wrongly diminished HK Lipo. Those are far more durable then I ever thought.

Omg... Just 700 EURO?!?!? What type of registration did you do? As a motorcycle, scooter or where??? :shock:

700E isnt the whole story.
Read his thread.
The registereable front light alone was about 600E?

Also, if you dont have a TÜV employee whos into this ebike thing and willing to do this with you, you can go home.

Dlogic was very lucky........ :D

Dlogic, im located in Magdeburg, is it possible that you can give me the number/name of your TÜV employee or the office adress?

Dlogic, im located in Magdeburg, is it possible that you can give me the number/name of your TÜV employee or the office adress?

I want it too! :mrgreen:

Back