Thoughts on possible bad "shark" pack

BTW there are decent BMS sellers in China. I had a problem, logged it and got a replacement after sending pictures. Slow but there are good resellers.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10S-15A-BMS-for-36V-li-ion-battery/1195130789.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.7.njiUv1&scm=1007.13338.33346.0&pvid=46d71b70-4cfd-4033-ac6f-91864fa7874e&tpp=1

lester12483 said:
Ever try and ship a bad battery back to China for a refund? No one here has. It's virtually impossible. They win, you lose.

Believe me, AllCell batteries are the best quality out there. The packs are made in Chicago, and the Customer support is here in America. You pay a little more for the better quality.

Well, that's exactly why I went with a US seller. Doesn't matter though, no legal way to send them back either way.

I'll keep AllCell in mind. May have to buy directly from a Chicago shop next time :D . A bit of a drive from here but it might be worth it.

EVTodd said:
lester12483 said:
Ever try and ship a bad battery back to China for a refund? No one here has. It's virtually impossible. They win, you lose.

Believe me, AllCell batteries are the best quality out there. The packs are made in Chicago, and the Customer support is here in America. You pay a little more for the better quality.

Well, that's exactly why I went with a US seller. Doesn't matter though, no legal way to send them back either way.

I'll keep AllCell in mind. May have to buy directly from a Chicago shop next time :D . A bit of a drive from here but it might be worth it.

You can send back to a USA seller. Insist they stand behind and provide a label. Don't be intimidated by a reseller. They have the ability to ship a battery back. It's expensive, that's why they try to avoid it.

tomjasz said:
EVTodd said:
lester12483 said:

You can send back to a USA seller. Insist they stand behind and provide a label. Don't be intimidated by a reseller. They have the ability to ship a battery back. It's expensive, that's why they try to avoid it.

Well, I thought they were standing behind their product but they won't answer emails now. Like I said, I'm glad I didn't send the battery back. I'm guessing I would have never heard from them again. Scratching that vendor off my list.

Well, I thought they were standing behind their product but they won't answer emails now. Like I said, I'm glad I didn't send the battery back. I'm guessing I would have never heard from them again. Scratching that vendor off my list.
Did I miss the do not buy list?

Dan

eTrike said:
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the battery to the point that it would not be able to ship via ground.

Allcell packs are overpriced and underpowered IMO.

The big problem is the seller doesn't communicate at all so I wouldn't trust sending it back to him. I seriously suspect I would never hear from them/him again.

Not worth the effort at this point. The pack seems to have decent range. I think the BMS is funky on it and may replace it one day or just use as is until it dies.

Back