DIY Boosted inspired electric longboard

I'm planning on removing my wattmeter and putting in a simple voltage display viewable when riding. More details to follow when I receive the hardware.

Trbt555 said:
I'm planning on removing my wattmeter and putting in a simple voltage display viewable when riding. More details to follow when I receive the hardware.

I just don't see the necessity of putting wattmeter in Your set up, It's just valuable to measure what currents flow in the circuit/ how many mAh You use per distance. Simple voltage/ battery capacity meter is fine for average user in my opinion.

You're right, but for the first few rides it does help gain insight into usage and how efficient your setup is.

Question Squad:

Your 3mm motor mount , you said it was stainless steel , ..why is it light grey, was it primmed ?

randyc1 said:
Question Squad:

Your 3mm motor mount , you said it was stainless steel , ..why is it light grey, was it primmed ?

Sand blasting ;) I just like this surface finish, I use it a lot in my knives (You can check out my instagram, link in the signature) so it was natural to use it here too :D Aluminium was treated the same way.

Yes very nice finish ! Great to have access to all those tools !

I have some Ordinary 304 ,..Do you think 304 3mm Stainless stell is strong enough?,.. dont think 304 can be hardened??

Howdy gentlemen.

I'm new to the game of electric boards. Busy working on my first build.

This one is very impressive!

I notice there isn't much concern given to air flow in the design of the enclosures. Even the original boosted board has heat sinks on the motor-side housing. Is temperature gain not much of an issue here? What has your experience been?

Thanks!

michaeletsmith said:
Howdy gentlemen.

I'm new to the game of electric boards. Busy working on my first build.

This one is very impressive!

I notice there isn't much concern given to air flow in the design of the enclosures. Even the original boosted board has heat sinks on the motor-side housing. Is temperature gain not much of an issue here? What has your experience been?

Thanks!

Thanks, the board is currently out of order... I had lipo failure quite some time ago and will be making complete rebuild of this board with 18650 li-ons, with some other modifications. I did not had any problems with heat dissipation,

I don't know If this question was asked already, but how did you make your mounts? And do you have a diagram for it?
Also, what was the approximate cost for this build?
Thanks

Hey squad, bringin' up an old question. Im trying to get as close to the boosted board as possible, do you think you could sell the enclosures to me? Also, whats the length, width, and height of both of them?

Squad said:
akiraEC said:
Great built !
Very interrested by your antispark design.
The schematic you show has only two FETs right ?
If you would agree to share the 4 FET schematic and/or the PCB design, I'd love to make one for my board !!

First of all it's not my antispark switch design :wink:, I made the pcb using laser printer and chalk paper, heat transfered the trace-mask with iron, then etched it with ferric chloride. I added 2 more FET's parallel to those two on the scheme, BUT now I would just buy one high current FET like IXFN200N07 (the same price range as my 4 FET's). If You're interested I have .pdf traces layout for the boards I built, write PM if You want it.

Thanks onloop!

I would like the .pdf traces please email them to me to panchojuan09999@gmail.com

Back