QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

JumperJackFlash said:
Gensem,

That looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you post a pic of the rim and motor? I would like to see how you laced her up. What kind of rim / spokes did you use?

Thanks.

I ll do soon... wheel is not true, need to mess with it later. Spokes are stainless steel 80.5mm, rim is a 17" 1.85
Brakes are no good for over 60km/h atm... Placed and order for 3 203mm hope floating rotors.

minde28383 said:
Hi Gensem.
We need video. This motor looks insane in 17rim:)

Video ll take awhile... Im still having a hard time with Adaptto. I do get over 150kmh no load in the bench, but when I try to ride it gets the controller in protected mode like a maniac. Will reset the controller again and fiddle with phase wires and all the settings to see if i can make it run properly.

gensem said:
Bad quality photo of the bike getting together.

I just looked at that photo again. That is some crazy 3 cross in a tiny space!

What kind of rim is that? Did you have to drill the angles in the rim?

Mammalian04 said:
gensem said:

I just looked at that photo again. That is some crazy 3 cross in a tiny space!

What kind of rim is that? Did you have to drill the angles in the rim?

Its single cross... I ll take a better picture today. Yep had to drill the holes to get a proper angle.

Hello Vito or Cherry or Damon. Can you please answer my emails about the APT96600 controller I bought and can't program with the EV DriveManager V2.0.0.7B software I was given because of a '''Time Error '380''' on two different computers using two different OSs.

Thanks
Ray

gensem said:

Small update... 4 Spoke nipples with washers went thru the rim when I doing one my first riding tests (50-60kmh) due to extreme lacing angle. I ll try to lace a 18" rim next week to see if the angle gets any better (was using a 17" rim).

gensem said:
gensem said:

Small update... 4 Spoke nipples with washers went thru the rim when I doing one my first riding tests (50-60kmh) due to extreme lacing angle. I ll try to lace a 18" rim next week to see if the angle gets any better (was using a 17" rim).

what spoke size did you use?

gensem said:
80mm but shorter would be better for a 17" rim.
Shoulda fit a 18" rim nicely.

sorry, I mean the gauge size. are you using 8 gauge?

mistercrash said:
Hello Vito or Cherry or Damon. Can you please answer my emails about the APT96600 controller I bought and can't program with the EV DriveManager V2.0.0.7B software I was given because of a '''Time Error '380''' on two different computers using two different OSs.

Thanks
Ray

Problem solved, thanks Vito and Damon. Awesome customer service.

mistercrash said:
mistercrash said:

Thanks
Ray

Sorry, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Could you post what the solution was, so that others who might search for the same error can get a possible immediate answer?

Hi there
I have purchased a QS 30H motor laced in a 26" bicycle wheel from a reseller in Canada. I have the motor hooked up and running well but there is an extra wire still not connected. Coming from the motor are 3 phase wires, a +, -, and 3 hall wires along with an extra white wire. This extra wire is a temp sensor I am told but have no specs on it.

How is this white wire hooked up to my cycle analyst temp sensor?

f7fee0f94f0fd919cab31b95d8051c76.jpg

atarijedi said:
mistercrash said:
mistercrash said:

Thanks
Ray

Sorry, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Could you post what the solution was, so that others who might search for the same error can get a possible immediate answer?

I'm sorry I ticked you off, but the solution is not very clear to me so that would be why I did not post the solution. I tried for a while to use an old 'workshop'' laptop using Windows XP 32 bit and I had error messages on the installation of the USB cable driver. I installed the OCX files, the software and USB cable driver on a new laptop using Windows 10 successfully. I also installed everything on a one year old desktop using Windows 8.1 successfully.

So the only solution I could have brought in my earlier post was to get a new computer? I don't think that is an acceptable solution and that would be why I did not post it. During the many web searches I did to find a solution to the problems with the old laptop, I read that not having Microsoft Office installed would cause problems. The other two computers have Office on them. Is that the solution? I just don't know.

mistercrash said:
I'm sorry I ticked you off, but the solution is not very clear to me so that would be why I did not post the solution. I tried for a while to use an old 'workshop'' laptop using Windows XP 32 bit and I had error messages on the installation of the USB cable driver. I installed the OCX files, the software and USB cable driver on a new laptop using Windows 10 successfully. I also installed everything on a one year old desktop using Windows 8.1 successfully.

So the only solution I could have brought in my earlier post was to get a new computer? I don't think that is an acceptable solution and that would be why I did not post it. During the many web searches I did to find a solution to the problems with the old laptop, I read that not having Microsoft Office installed would cause problems. The other two computers have Office on them. Is that the solution? I just don't know.

Hello Ray,

For USB driver, it's not matter on controller. Anyway, it was finally sovled.
Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Marin said:
Hi there
I have purchased a QS 30H motor laced in a 26" bicycle wheel from a reseller in Canada. I have the motor hooked up and running well but there is an extra wire still not connected. Coming from the motor are 3 phase wires, a +, -, and 3 hall wires along with an extra white wire. This extra wire is a temp sensor I am told but have no specs on it.

Hello Marin,

Could you please advise the name of the reseller in Canada. The QS 30H Motor is not avaialbe for the moment.
We have to check the spec of motor accordingly.

Best Regards

Sabvoton Motor Controller is well known for its higher cost performance.
Here is lastest news.
1. 12 Mosfet small controller is under developing, 48V-72V, suit for 800W motors.
Estimated to be in mass production in middle Sep., 2016.
After one month testing in China, it will be available for exporting.
2. 48 Mosfet big controller is under developing, 48V-96V, 200-250A peak battery current,
500-550A peak phase current.
The sample estimated to be ready at the end of Aug., 2016, it will be tested in China before exporting.
3. APP for android is under modifying, will be test next week.
After 40 days, the APP for IOS will be on process.

For more news, http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_list_99.html
Sabvoton Controller
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972&p=1130438#p1130438

Best Regards

2. 48 Mosfet big controller is under developing, 48V-96V, 200-250A peak battery current,

Now I know what to get myself for christmas 8)
Any more details? Size of controller, manufacturer name, etc.

Now 48 fets that should be able to push a lot of power to the motor.

macribs said:

Now I know what to get myself for christmas 8)
Any more details? Size of controller, manufacturer name, etc.

Now 48 fets that should be able to push a lot of power to the motor.

Hello Macribs,

How are you!
All the spec are pending now, I will keep news post once avaiable.

Best Regards

QSMOTOR said:
Marin said:
Hi there

Hello Marin,

Could you please advise the name of the reseller in Canada. The QS 30H Motor is not avaialbe for the moment.
We have to check the spec of motor accordingly.

Best Regards

I sent him an email and asked that he reply here, thanks for your help.

Hello Vito,

PM sent regarding 273 motor.

Thanks.
G

I sent him an email and asked that he reply here, thanks for your help.

Marin purchased this motor from me which was part of a sample batch I received from one of QS Motor's wholesalers, not from them directly. I wasn't able to get a reply about the mysterious 6th wire from them, but the QS site lists a temp sender on the 1500 watt motor which is what these motors were sold to me as. Beyond that I couldn't guarantee Marin how to hook it up to his CA as I've never done it before and suggested contacting Grin or posting the question here. Along the way I think someone chimed in suggesting it could be a speed sensor wire but I thought the CA would just read that info from the controller's direct plug in.

If it's a thermistor, wouldn't there be a measurable connection between the white wire and ground which would reduce as the temperature increased or how could it be tested without opening the cover to see what's at the end of the white wire? It's clear that you get better service from some overseas vendors when you purchase in amounts great than 100 units. This was the last motor from a sample shipment and the next ten I received had no 6th wire or I'd pull the side cover off to look for myself. Sorry I can't be of any more help than that.

I understand the motor works fine otherwise.

Thanks

Alan

Back