Street tyre Trampa mountain board build, torqueboards ESC.

Greenvlx

1 mW
Hi Guys
Just starting a build thread on my Trampa mountain board. Parts I'm using so far as follows:
Trampa holypro 35 degree board with bindings (will likely order the heel straps also as feet seem to come out reasonably easy without them)
Ultimate trucks
Superstar hubs
Street tyres (195mm diameter)
Torqueboards 12s ESC with torqueboards remote
Twin Turnigy SK3 6374 168KV motors
25h Chain and sprocket drive with 15T motor sprocket and 68T redrilled pit bike sprocket for the wheels both from ebay with an estimated top speed of about 40kph
12S Battery yet to be determined due to difficulty getting 18650 batterys at an affordable price and hobbyking not shipping lipos?
Motor mounts I am going to have a go at making by hand first and if that fails I will likely order some E-Toxx mounts instead.
Still waiting for most of the equipment to arrive other than the board itself so will attach pics as I get some progress.
Thanks
Shane

Nice setup mate.

Do you use the Innova Slickline 8Inch Tires?

Where are you located as you said HK will not ship to you?

Hi Nowind

Yes they are the innova KK Slick cut tyres from the Trampa site. They look quite solid but I will let you know how they feel when its finished. I was hoping they will increase range a little as they are pumped to 60 PSI but I will likely experiment with offroad tyres at some stage soon. I saw your youtube video at the small racetrack and it looked like great fun! Maybe a new sport to come out of it in the future... kind of like snowboard cross.

I am in Western Australia and each time I tried to order batteries it said they do not ship here even if I selected the AU warehouse but to be honest it was just a shortcut anyway as I really want a 18650 pack for longevity/safety and weight but was struggling to get those cells aswell so it was a good thing in the end.

I am currently chasing up some other avenues of getting a pack from 18650 so will update when I know more.

Thanks
Shane

Hi guys just a quick update

I am starting to see some parts arrive but after about 5 weeks of waiting for SK3 6374 168kv motors they are still on back order!! Does anyone know of any good 6374 motors around 170kv with 8mm shaft other than the SK3 for similar money. What's people's experience with the may techs as I am thinking of cancelling my order with hobby king.

I ended up ordering the motor mount/sprocket kit from @nowind with 9-50 gearing as I had a go at making similar ones with a wood router but they just didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked. I am sure I will be happy with them from all the other reviews on this forum

I have a 12s7p Samsung 25r pack being made by @samd from this forum with a Supower 150a max BMS

I am using torque boards 120aESC and a torque boards anti spark switch as well.

I have a 5v electronic thermostat switch which will control 2 x 40mm 5v fans on the ESC enclosure

I also have a power analyser with shunt which I will mount in the battery enclosure along with some fuses and the antispark switch.

Parts are only just starting to arrive so not much to show in the way of pics but once I start to get some stuff assembled I will add some for sure.

Cheers
Shane

Try messaging samd. He owes me a response still but he builds custom 18650 packs out of ballarat. I'm in Brisbane. Interested in your build.

Yeah i messaged him lately but havent had a reply so maybe he is away for a bit? Last i heard he had cells on order and was playing the waiting game. Have messaged him previously and got responses fairly quickly so hopefully he is away and hasnt gone missing with my cash!

Cheers
Shane

Hey.

Working on your parts (-;
Will ship on Thursday latest !

I see you are looking for motors.
Really hard this days to get some, most are out of stock.

This one is 6374-200kv, it has 10mm shaft but i can change your motorsprockets to 10mm if you want.
https://www.reisenauer.de/artikeldetails.php5?aid=419

This one is 6362-180kv from LEOPARD
https://www.reisenauer.de/artikeldetails.php5?aid=1962

Both not tested by myself....

Cheers

Hi Jenso

I really wanted to stay with lower kv around 150-170 in at least the 6374 sizing so i think i will just have to wait it out. Im going to be waiting for a bit for the battery anyway and all the other motors i can find are either too expensive or wrong kv etc. i noticed the leopard 8072 showed as in stock but then when i tried to go through checkout they show out of stock and also wont ship to aus :evil:

Pain in the ass!!

Looks like im playing the waiting game

Cheers
Shane

Hey.

Haha i was confused yesterday. Your Parts are send since a week ... LOL

Yeah its not easy to get good motors, too many builds out there (-;

Cheers

Heya Greenvlx,
12s 25r battery done and I sent you an email for feedback on charging connectors. Getting 18650 cells in has been a real challenge with the air bans.

I'm happy with the pack as it sits. The BMS sits well between the two ends where I have soldered down the 12ga wires.
I'm still a bit unsure of the layout inside the deck so I have made the BMS entirely detachable and have left the charging an gauge pigtails off as they may be better run external (and I can't make the BMS detach).
There's 1.5mm of ABS sheet below the shrinkwrap and I have bent the sides up of the BMS baseplate but risk reduces if you can allow a bit more between the BMS and pack to make sure the plate doesn't transfer heat to the pack. There's no external thermal sensor on that BMS so I suggest interfacing a small digital temp gauge via a headphone socket or similar.
File_000.jpeg

Are you guys making carbon decks? Don't forget it's conductive :wink:

Back