gas price thread

There was a bum downtown, catering to the business crowd who was on disability and receiving our provinces "Severely Handicap Disability" $1600/m plus he most likely got city welfare housing. He had no legs, in a wheel chair but his "begging angle" was he had Calgary Flames logo hand painted on his wheel chair, plus perhaps the veteran angle too, he died about 5 years ago. He always had beer hiding under where he sat. He raked it in good.

There was a story on the news about a beggar in the downtown core who begged during the day, and when he was done he would hop in his car and drive to his house.

A group of "Bums" was also downtown in "Monk" clothing, they were asian, it was the style of begging where they would not talk just hand you a small letter asking you to spare whatever you could. One time I only had a dime and the bum wouldnt accept it. It seemed outrageous at the time but the denial of a dime confirmed my suspicions that these were scam artist bums, not true bums. That was/is quite a common scam type I have seen from time to time. Plain cloths deaf people do the same thing, go on the city transit trains and do their deeds too. Or transit stops, restaurants etc etc etc. Seen a true bum doing it old school style walking up and down the train asking for money. They got a captive crowd. But they move quickly.

I chuckle sometimes because there are so many other ways to cash in besides begging for money and picking bottles. Most dont want to bother and are happy doing what they are doing. Its a life style for them. I know a few like that.

Canmore Alberta, just outside Banff a "tourist bum" with an accent and nice ski clothing on "ran out of gas" begging for money. Seen him before doing that. Same type of thing outside a movie theatre in Calgary. Seen him countless times pulling that scam. I think he got trespassed from that property, and the bum moved on. Parking lots are a prime area for a "Looking Left, Turning Right" accident. Slow speed which is what you want. You dont want nothing faster then parking lot speeds. The bums just laugh at my suggestions for easier methods of cashing in on insurance of vehicles, homes and commercial places. That is their choice.

Where am I going with this?
There are more and more so called bums begging and its because everyones getting laid off because of the gas prices. The bums will lie, cheat and steal to get ahold of free, tax free money. I cant blame them. I've always wondered how much these bums can make in a day. But the real money is in injury law.

13087502_10154076876345883_6172286697139691098_n.jpg

(Ebike Value Index just jumped up.) :wink:

"OIL CEO: The oil industry is facing 'a full-scale' crisis"
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-ceo-oil-industry-facing-100000365.html

(says Paal Kibsgaard, CEO for Schlumberger, a company that provides services and equipment to support drillers. As the number of rigs in the US continues to hit new lows, there is little need for the support services.)

([C]omments there are amusing. Maybe)

I used to check this website out a lot for oil rig counts
http://www.caodc.ca/rig-counts

Right now we are at a 12% utilization rate, July is usually shallow single rig startups.
21% same time last year. It seems like everyones suffering from the down turn in the economy because of oil and gas prices.

(Ebike Pundit predicts rising sales.) "The end of oil as we know it"
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/end-oil-know-143403960.html

"Bernstein Research energy analyst Neil Beveridge "Prices will recover, but not to the triple-digit levels we saw before last year's crash. Instead prices will level off at $60 to $70 until the end of the decade.

We'll then see a final push of demand beyond 2020, until it peaks after 2030."

(And then that's all folks.)

https://www.bernsteinresearch.com/brweb/Public/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/brweb/Home.aspx
Sanford C. Bernstein is widely recognized as Wall Street's premier sell-side research and brokerage firm, with a global equity trading platform that spans the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Our firm was founded in the U.S. in 1967 and in the U.K. in 1999. Our research and trading capabilities are sought out by leading investment managers around the world, and we are annually ranked at the top of our industry by acknowledged arbiters.

With fuel prices the way they are now, and the price seems to always go up. Its time to seriously think about converting to "Wood Gas" for a gasification rig. Theres a few threads on E.S. forum about it, but it wins a nomination as a mention, here in this thread. I've been thinking about it, maybe a Dodge Ram V10 or a Dodge Dakota V8. Need the power to weight ratio right as you loose 1/3 the power. Then its a pound of wood for a kilometer (0.62 miles) of travel. A cord of wood got one fellow 5000 miles, a cord of wood here costs roughly $150 to $250 for city folks. Maybe out in the country its cheaper to buy. Free if you hit up the logging roads and get permits to do it legally. Those facts alone lead me seriously think about this technology thats been around since WW1. Compare that to using regular gasoline and be more on topic. A V10 is a gas gussler, and the V8 Dakota's are a little better. I'd hazard a guess Dakota is 5 to 6 km/L is a fair estimate. So $0.20/km at $1/L. V10 is probably 4 km/L.

Gasification sure beats $1.008 a liter for regular gasoline here. The Acura MDX needs premium fuel which is always 25-33% higher at the pumps. Now with our extra carbon tax, prices are only going higher.

Gasbuddy.com says Costco is $94.9 with the highest price at $1.001 /L.

parajared said:
I thought people stopped doing gasification back in WW2 because it was a sooty mess that destroyed the inside of your car's motor?

I know I saw something on that too. As far as I have found out, its pretty clean now. The key is to use the right burning materials. There are a few threads on here about it, plus the interweb and youtube. Ive been thinking what would happen if you squirted a little fuel into the mix.

Its a sure way to beat gas prices at the pump.
V10 forum on gas milage.
http://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/269198-fuel-mileage-for-v10.html
mine always got about 9 mpg's no matter what i was doing, in town, flat hwy, or pulling the hills at 20,000+ lbs. seems strange, but true

So 9MPG is 3.83 KM/L (26.11 L/100KM). I was close.

I like the Suzuki SUV's, they seem to be good on gas, but tip easily. Awesome gearing.

... and newz today:
U.S. crude has once again joined Brent above $50 a barrel after data from the American Petroleum Institute showed a larger than expected draw on stocks, with inventories falling by 5.2M barrels for the week ended June 17.

The Energy Information Administration will issue official stockpile data this morning at 10:30 a.m. ET.

Once again putting upward pressure on ebike sales. [sigh]

hehe

"U.S. Has World’s Largest Oil Reserves"
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-world-largest-oil-reserves-214600980.html

2bbf3655442ee8b17d839c47d55996e3

In other newz
For 2016, the IEA Oil Market Report forecasts worldwide average demand of nearly 96 million barrels of oil and liquid fuels per day – that works out to more than 35 billion barrels a year. Production breached 97 million barrels per day (mb/d) in late 2015, and Medium-Term Oil Market Report 2016 foresees demand crossing the 100 mb/d threshold towards the end of its five-year outlook period.
https://www.iea.org/aboutus/faqs/oil/

So. "demand crossing the 100 mb/d". Anyway. Say 2000 billion "in reserves", world-wide. (Could be confused about the math here. Sorry)

The future smells like Ebike to me... hehe

Im already in one of the cheaper areas of the country, but it also moves faster here too... last night I paid $1.70 for premium. Totally shocked because I wasnt paying attention to gas prices. Last time I noticed them, it was 1.95 a gal.

The U.S. is so diversified, so the cheap oil isn't killing the economy at all (probably having the opposite effect).

I personally think oil prices are being manipulated to break the Russians and Venezuelans. It worked on the latter, and hopefully will work on the former. It's not easy on all the workers from the north (oil sands, etc.), but if it keeps Putin in financial trouble that's a good thing.

LockH said:
"U.S. Has World’s Largest Oil Reserves"
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-world-largest-oil-reserves-214600980.html

2bbf3655442ee8b17d839c47d55996e3

In other newz
For 2016, the IEA Oil Market Report forecasts worldwide average demand of nearly 96 million barrels of oil and liquid fuels per day – that works out to more than 35 billion barrels a year. Production breached 97 million barrels per day (mb/d) in late 2015, and Medium-Term Oil Market Report 2016 foresees demand crossing the 100 mb/d threshold towards the end of its five-year outlook period.
https://www.iea.org/aboutus/faqs/oil/

So. "demand crossing the 100 mb/d". Anyway. Say 2000 billion "in reserves", world-wide. (Could be confused about the math here. Sorry)

The future smells like Ebike to me... hehe

Saving the best for last.

Back