XPD: open-source keywin e-bike lab replacement

It's not exactly related to the XPD software, but I had some issues using it after upgrading to Windows 10 recently.

The issue turned out to be with my USB to Serial chip. Apparently Prolific (the makers of most of the chips used in USB to Serial converters) no longer support the 2303 chip on Windows 10.
After doing some digging I came across the blog post below that outlines how to install an older driver from 2008 that makes it work on Windows 10.
http://leftbraintinkering.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/usb-to-serial-prolific-2303-device.html
After installing the old driver I was able to run XPD and upload new settings to my controller (18fet EB3) again. :)

Cheers

Thanks. that's handy to know. I haven't upgraded to Win10 yet- I was waiting for SP2 based on past OS launches -but I gather M$ changed the name from service pack for some (marketing) reason. From what I read there seems little reason not to upgrade so I'm planning on doing when I'm stuck in for 2-3 months following upcoming expected surgery to fill in the boredom.

If youi really can not find it else where...send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll see if I still have a copy any where. I can then FTP it to my server and send you the link...wont be today though

amberwolf said:
A google search on the quoted words finds the sourceforge page that then has this direct link
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/pyserial/pyserial/2.5/pyserial-2.5.win32.exe?r=&ts=1456095018&use_mirror=tcpdiag
does that work for you?
Got it thanks amberwolf !!

Hi i have a problem with the xpd.
I have 2 6 fett controllers from em3ev.
And one 6 fett from lyen wich is the same i think.
when try to program the controllers i get this message:

Upload failed: Invalid replay byte '38'

Do somebody know my problem?

Problem solved, i connect the 3 speed swich it have to be at speed 2
only then you can program it.

Now it works great on windows 10 you need to use old drivers for the usb cabele.

Thanks for the great software.

Erikjan said:
Problem solved, i connect the 3 speed swich it have to be at speed 2
only then you can program it.

Now it works great on windows 10 you need to use old drivers for the usb cabele.

Thanks for the great software.

Yep - pins are multiplexed ;)

And as for Windows 10 issues above... best advice is to uninstall and revert to Windows 7 Pro for all things good.
8 and 10 are a nightmare for nearly all work especially interfacing with peripherals
How does Microsoft totally biff it like every 3-5 years???? Amazing.

-methods

Thank you all for the help. Cable has made the communication is better. I have questions about programming: Controller My Lyen 12fet motor is MHUS 3000 v2 battery has a nominal 82v which profile to use (the box says to use profile EB318) and a program is obtained discrepancy in the set parameters? Any ideological?

what if someone could write it in java so it can then be ran from any web browser or java runtime engine?

It is already written in Python, which is free and can be run on just about anything. That does not appear to be the problem anyway.

Why would it be worthwhile to recode the software?

https://pythonconquerstheuniverse.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/python-java-a-side-by-side-comparison/

That would be a waste of time and a step in the wrong direction, and would accomplish nothing in this case.

I don't know why there was trouble installing Python (if in fact there was), it is a simple install on any windows system, or most any system for that matter. There are a couple of other things going on here.

The difficulty with the three speed switch has nothing to do with Python. That's the design of the controller hardware and the speed switch interfering with programming. Java would be no different, the switch interferes with the programming regardless.

Or the problem with drivers for the serial cable. Again, that's not Python's problem and would be no different with Java. That's part of the war between manufacturers and cloners of the USB serial chip hardware. Python will use whatever driver you provide, but the driver and the hardware need to work. The sellers of the programming cables should provide drivers and instructions to follow, unfortunately the default drivers that windows loads were poisoned by the chip manufacturer to interfere with the cloned chips and this has hurt everyone with nasty driver compatibility problems. If anything we should blame them for unleashing code that was designed to interfere with proper driver operation. That was deliberate on their part. It was even worse, initially they actually prevented the correct drivers from ever installing or working, but they backed off on that, but they still left it in a state that is very disruptive to the user. Also, blame the cloners for stealing IP and copying chips.

Ride Safe,

Anyone know how to program these controllers? I have 6 of them and I don't know which wires I need to connect to what.

I have programed 100s of the older controllers.....

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12,750
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 12,750
Here is a couple more pictures.

I have programed the old controllers but I don't know what wires to use to program on this one and what files to program with.

Attachments

• IMG_20160801_181201465[1] (800 x 450).jpg
    IMG_20160801_181201465[1] (800 x 450).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 12,712
I'm using a windows 10 hp notebook. I was able to get as far as downloading the program but as soon as I double click the file which says it is 4kb nothing happens. any suggestions?

Simple818 said:
I'm using a windows 10 hp notebook. I was able to get as far as downloading the program but as soon as I double click the file which says it is 4kb nothing happens. any suggestions?

I'm stuck at the same point. Did all the following:
a) Download everything from the support directory (the files may be deleted after they are used):
* python-2.7.1.msi - This is Python interpreter, install it first.
* pygtk-all-in-one-2.22.6.win32-py2.7.msi - This is the GTK+ llibrary (the graphical user interface library) and the Python bindings for it, install this after Python.
* pyserial-2.5.win32.exe - Run this to install the PySerial library

downloaded snapshot from here https://sourceforge.net/p/xpd-ebike/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/

Then I can't get anything to work. Windows 7 here

I can get 3.2 and 3.3 to work but apparently 4.0 is the latest version

Trying to get the new 6 series sine waves working but can't get the all in one installer to work. Can get version 3.3 to install.
Am hoping someone has version 4 as a standalone zip like the other versions rather than an all-in-one installer with python.
Anyone?

it only works with linux
otherwise you need to use the other software. You can get it from powervelocity website I believe.

You can also use the android app but you'll need to install a bluetooth programming module in your controller. Powervelocity sells them. I think you could probably make one too, but that'd be a bit more involved.

I'm adding this thread to the Sticky.
Also, there have been some good advancements with respect to the new version and compatibility with the new Sinusoidal "KH6" boards, (and clones).
Here is a download Link for XPD R4.8 (Most recent version as of April 5, 2017):

Back