E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Heh, I can vouch for how close to the wire Jay went, only just made it onto the track. Wish I'd done some vid of his last minute scrutineering and prep scramble. I wondered if he was playing me a distracting audio file to lull me into a false sense of security that there might be something failing again this year, only to go wailing past me. He consistently out-accelerated me on every corner that I managed to catch him on though, so congrats Jay :)

After seeing how smashed up Andy was, I was definitely not wanting to push to limits of traction too often. Had a couple of squirrelly moments as it was, didn't want to get carted away with 3 kids in my care. Jay - I reckon some though needs to be given to a bit of power homologation to keep the racing a bit closer - thoughts?

Rix said:
Yah, your Fighter was just a little under powered, but it was a race between you and the E Pit bike. Clearly you were the better rider making up ground on him in the corners and he out accelerating you. I think if you had my Flux Alpha, it would have been closer. Granted with things turned up to the max I am only seeing 11.6 KW bursts, but that would have been more than enough to be up the butt's of the 15kw Raptors. Nicely done. Thanks for posting the video, I enjoyed watching it.

11,6kW?
Hm, thats 11600Watts/65V nominal(18s) would be 178Amps And thats 178A/7p=25Amps per 30Q cell!
Hm Are you sure about this Rick?

QuietRush said:
Heh, I can vouch for how close to the wire Jay went, only just made it onto the track. Wish I'd done some vid of his last minute scrutineering and prep scramble.
I was stressed, that's for sure! It was like something out of mission impossible with the % complete bar slowly ticking along while the heavily armed guards approached down the corridor :lol:
The whole weekend was a bit of a disorganised rabble on my part :oops: Sketch and Matt were prepping and testing their bikes for weeks before events, buying fat moto slicks and setting their suspension for the track. In usual fashion I tried to throw something together a few nights before and was still finishing off the morning of the race :lol:

I wondered if he was playing me a distracting audio file to lull me into a false sense of security
Next year, prepare for loudspeakers and flight of the bumblebee blasting out! :lol:

He consistently out-accelerated me on every corner that I managed to catch him on though, so congrats Jay :)
Yeah it was weird, I had power until about 50-60ks and then nothing. One one lap I was right up your bum down the straight but didnt have the speed to get past. The next lap I managed to carry a bit more speed out of the last corner and pulled in front down the straight.

After seeing how smashed up Andy was, I was definitely not wanting to push to limits of traction too often.
Same, it made me ride very gingerly! Until Ripperton came past in the practise laps and then I couldn't help my self but chase after him like a dog chasing a car :lol:

Jay - I reckon some though needs to be given to a bit of power homologation to keep the racing a bit closer - thoughts?
Definitely. If for no other reason that it's fun to ride as a group! In the practise sessions a few of us were pulling over to catch up with the other riders. As you said it's a bit boring when you're either way in front or way at the back. I'm not sure how they originally came up with the 1500 number but maybe a mid and high powered class would be in order ? Or set power and speed limits in the CAs to enforce closer racing ?

Looking through my gopro footage sadly I bumped my camera down putting my helmet on and also accidently left it zoomed in so most of the footage is my visor and the road :evil:
I did get a these screen shots up close though
This cheeky inside pass by quiet rush,

and just prior, me turning around mid corner to have a chat. ebike racing 4tw! haha.
quietrush-hyena.jpg

Allex said:
Rix said:
Yah, your Fighter was just a little under powered, but it was a race between you and the E Pit bike. Clearly you were the better rider making up ground on him in the corners and he out accelerating you. I think if you had my Flux Alpha, it would have been closer. Granted with things turned up to the max I am only seeing 11.6 KW bursts, but that would have been more than enough to be up the butt's of the 15kw Raptors. Nicely done. Thanks for posting the video, I enjoyed watching it.

11,6kW?
Hm, thats 11600Watts/65V nominal(18s) would be 178Amps And thats 178A/7p=25Amps per 30Q cell!
Hm Are you sure about this Rick?

I will snap a pic of my data screen.

///Edit/// forget I said 11.6kw, its 8.9kw, Sorry about that, thanks for asking Allex, it made me double check my data and I was wrong.

//////Edit again////
Maybe I am not full of $h!t, I just reset all my values and did another speed run with the same setting I had the other day. I pulled 11.0kw and 59.8MPH, here is a crappy screen shot.

Rix said:
//////Edit again////
Maybe I am not full of $h!t, I just reset all my values and did another speed run with the same setting I had the other day. I pulled 11.0kw and 59.8MPH, here is a crappy screen shot.

Was it the first mile after a full charge? I saw big differences trying to get full power within the first couple of km after fully charging my battery.
Assuming the cells at 4,0V it would be 11000W/72V = 152A/7p = 22A 8) ..... now I know why I wanted a new battery made with 30Q :mrgreen:

But anyway do you think this can be classified as a Stealth Bomber at work? :D
Me and my wife are both greedy of blackberries and this place is quite difficult to reach for common people and therefore I find a mountain of blackberries
20160816_201042_1.jpg

20160816_202837_1.jpg

bigbore said:
Rix said:
//////Edit again////

Was it the first mile after a full charge? I saw big differences trying to get full power within the first couple of km after fully charging my battery.
Assuming the cells at 4,0V it would be 11000W/72V = 152A/7p = 22A 8) ..... now I know why I wanted a new battery made with 30Q :mrgreen:

But anyway do you think this can be classified as a Stealth Bomber at work? :D
Me and my wife are both greedy of blackberries and this place is quite difficult to reach for common people and therefore I find a mountain of blackberries
[]
20160816_202837_1.jpg

Ciao Simone, this was the best way I have ever seen to collect black berries. BTW, do Mirto Berries grow wild over on the mainland like then do in Sardegna and south Corsica?

As far as my latest speed run goes, it was done after I have traveled almost 3 miles. I have to get away from the down town city area as I don't want to get busted doing 59MPH in a 25MPH, forget the ticket, I would probably get suspended from my job.

Slightly offtopic, but I've had a better/different way to collect blackberries, involving an old Suzuki LJ50 (543cc 2 stroke engine powered 4WD). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Jimny#SJ10

Find a healthy looking blackberry -> drive into the heart of it -> climb over seats to open back door, climb onto roof-> Pick sweet fruit.
Reverse out. Bake/consume.

Nice touch on getting eBikes mixed in with a blackberry gleaning story though. I've often wondered about getting hold of an old Zook and EV-ing it.

Is stealth accepting credit card payments again last time I tried to order something they were not processing International credit cards or is there a new USA distributor for them?

FL bomber said:
Is stealth accepting credit card payments again last time I tried to order something they were not processing International credit cards or is there a new USA distributor for them?
As far as I know, Stealth only sells through its numerous dealers in the US, no direct sale.
You can find their US distributors on their Web site.
http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/stealth-dealers/

This does result in a significant price premium unfortunately...

FL bomber said:

Yes Stealth can accept CC, I purchased my Fighter and Bomber on CC. Yes there is going to be a new US Stealth Headquarters out of Poctello Idaho with plans to transition to Boise Idaho in the future as well. And new Dealers are starting to pop as well. With in the next couple of weeks, we should see Tahoe Stealth Electric bikes out of Truckee Nevada opening.

one4torque said:
RIX - hellz yeah! Just got my seat frame from stealth today.... fasted shipping via DHL express. I'm back in the game on purple SB178!
What a coincidence, I just got the new/old redesigned originally designed seat frame for my Alpha today. Way Better, will post pics on the FUTR thread.

Call me crazy.... but I'm thinking I might strip down my purple bomber..... to bare metal... and then clear the metal...... rat-rod style.
I'm kind of digging the exposed welds of the seat frame....... and want the same for the whole frame. No scratches EVER!

one4torque said:
Call me crazy.... but I'm thinking I might strip down my purple bomber..... to bare metal... and then clear the metal...... rat-rod style.
I'm kind of digging the exposed welds of the seat frame....... and want the same for the whole frame. No scratches EVER!

I wouldn't call you crazy except you just painted it that pretty purple color, but I get the Rat Rod concept, would look tough, talking "ROAD WARRIOR" tough.

QuietRush said:
For those who are curious to know what the 1500Wh Racing class in the HunterEVFestival is like from the riders perspective, I've put up full race footage from rider briefing, warm up lap to race end and track exit. Should give you a feel for what it's like from the back end of the pack..awesome race this year, but it's got me thinking some more about homologation to keep it a more level playing field to keep the racing closer and more interesting. If only they were all Stealth Fighters..but we had a mix of Raptors, Flux, Braaps and my Stealth Fighter demo (at 3.5kW, instead of current 3.7kW - not that it would have made a scrap of difference against 15kW peaks from the Raptors).
[youtube]zWReYGCqZXA[/youtube]

In case the preview fails, go see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWReYGCqZXA

Watched your video again, you were having alot of fun. It looked like a good time.

Rix said:
Watched your video again, you were having alot of fun. It looked like a good time.
Sketch Coleman edited all the footage he could find of the race. I'm sure you will recognize the intro. [youtube]OzSnfHcen1w[/youtube]

robohead said:
Rix said:
Sketch Coleman edited all the footage he could find of the race. I'm sure you will recognize the intro. [n1w[/youtube]

I didn't see this vid, thanks for posting, more perspectives is always appreciated.

Wonder what happend at about 15.43 minutes? Did he scrape right side pedal or break traction?

Rix said:
one4torque said:
RIX - hellz yeah! Just got my seat frame from stealth today.... fasted shipping via DHL express. I'm back in the game on purple SB178!
What a coincidence, I just got the new/old redesigned originally designed seat frame for my Alpha today. Way Better, will post pics on the FUTR thread.

Didn't catch the differences. Got close ups, 1-4-T n Rix?

macribs said:
Rix said:
one4torque said:

Didn't catch the differences. Got close ups, 1-4-T n Rix?

I am working on my bike later tonight, will take some pics for comparison purposes.

Decided to test my hand at building an off the grid solar setup for the garage to charge a pair of Stromers, a Juiced Rider and a Stealth Bomber.

Once I put a watt meter on the Bomber's charger and found it draws about 580-600 watts I knew I needed to have a decently capable solar system.

Found some nice 12v batts (102 lbs each !!) on Craigslist , picked up some cables from the auto parts store and of course 200 watts Renogy Panels off of Amazon.

A 1000watt inverter (i had laying around) and a cheap $20 charge controller, Im thinking about switching to 24v by running 2 banks of series batts and series panels when my MPPT charge controller arrives.

Attachments

• IMG_9150.JPG
    IMG_9150.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,067
  • IMG_9108-2.JPG
    IMG_9108-2.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 2,067
Back