QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

Many Customers ask us for the 14kW, 12kW Motor, as the old mould is opened for another customer (the cost is very expensive).
Now, the new 17"X4.5" mould is ready, it could be 12kW 273 70H, and 14kW 273 80H.
The mould is made for water cooled version.
It could also be customized to be whithout water cooled.

Please note the wheel, two side covers, stator are all new mould, not by hand.
So this is only one for 12kW/14kW, which is ready for mass production.

For information, please refer to below link.
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_list_144.html
12kW Water Cooled Hub Motor 1.JPG12kW Water Cooled Hub Motor 2.JPG12kW Water Cooled Hub Motor 3.JPG
14kW hub Motor 1.JPG14kW hub Motor 2.JPG14kW hub Motor 3.JPG
Best Regards

Just needs a bicycle freewheel threads, bicycle brake mount and we are set. LOL

Someone would stuff it on a huffy/mongoose frame around here....

Tom

Just fried one of my cromotors, the V2 that was close to 20,000 Km. I will try a QS 205 of similar Kv to replace. I will post performance report as soon as the bike is back on the street. :twisted:

MadRhino said:
Just fried one of my cromotors, the V2 that was close to 20,000 Km. I will try a QS 205 of similar Kv to replace. I will post performance report as soon as the bike is back on the street. :twisted:

how was that being fried? anything special happened? or just wear and tear

gensem said:
Bad quality photo of the bike getting together.

Looks like your going to be first out the blocks with some interesting performance stats with that 40mm x 273 motor :)... deserves its own thread i think.. watching....

Emoto said:
gensem said:
Bad quality photo of the bike getting together.

Looks like your going to be first out the blocks with some interesting performance stats with that 40mm x 273 motor :)... deserves its own thread i think.. watching....

Not quite... I had a 17" and 18" rim failing on me because the spoke angles are too extreme. Neeples do not seat properly (angles are around 50-55degrees) and rips thru the rim wall. QS does not have a cast integrated wheel for 40h ebike motor atm. I ll try to get a brazilian rim manufacturer to do a a 17" rim with 72 holes and radially lace the hub. If they agree to do it its not going to be cheap and will take awhile.

=/

Not even the 18'' rim huh Tough luck there , if your custom rim idea doesn't work , :idea: im thinking a custom strip [ pos 3mm alloy if you have the clearance inside a standard rim ], then drill your required/ custom spoke angle through the existing holes through your new strip and counter sink from inside for the nipple head , would spread the load better than the washers and avoid your point load problems, might just work.

BCTECH said:
MadRhino said:

how was that being fried? anything special happened? or just wear and tear
Stupid reason: One bearing was worn out. I postponed bearing change because it was my birthday, and continued to ride the bike one day too late. Rotor rubbed on the stator, shorted the coil and fried a phase.

Emoto said:
Not even the 18'' rim huh Tough luck there , if your custom rim idea doesn't work , :idea: im thinking a custom strip [ pos 3mm alloy if you have the clearance inside a standard rim ], then drill your required/ custom spoke angle through the existing holes through your new strip and counter sink from inside for the nipple head , would spread the load better than the washers and avoid your point load problems, might just work.

I ll try to do something like this in the coming weeks.

273_72h.png

Short of using a solid wheel, it looks like there's no other option but to use radial lacing for the 273 inside almost any rim. The angles are just too extreme. Seems to be working for some. Good luck!

jackal said:
Short of using a solid wheel, it looks like there's no other option but to use radial lacing for the 273 inside almost any rim. The angles are just too extreme. Seems to be working for some. Good luck!

I wonder if a 19" wheel would work for 1 cross? I need to check the dimensions and see what the angle would be.

I ordered a 205 H50 V3 30*4T to replace my fried cromotor V2. It is a tad faster, I will post performance results. Also, since it is heavier than a cromotor I might shave some weight off the flange and copy the axle in Titanium this winter.

Thanks Carrie for very good communication and quick replies.

GmagNeato said:
jackal said:

I wonder if a 19" wheel would work for 1 cross? I need to check the dimensions and see what the angle would be.

19" should be doable... spoke angles would be close to a 205 in a 17" wheel.
I did not go for a 19" for 3 reasons.

- Hubmotor kV is high so you should use the smallest possible rim.
- Using a 19" in the back would force me to use at least a 19" in the front and that would make my dual disks work even harder, i already find the stopping power a little lacking.
- I dont have a good selection of 19" tires in Brazil.

gensem said:
Emoto said:

I ll try to do something like this in the coming weeks.]
While i hate radial laced wheels for all the obvious reasons, strength blah blah...... [ doubling to 72 will help ] a justifiable compromise.. if it holds up. lets not forget about steel rims .

Agree on the small rim choice , i would be doing the same at this high kv...also kinder on controllers /batts/ lower motor temps / harder regen braking / better acceleration , and err better ACCELERATION

Jensen under what circumstances did the other rims fail ..riding?

Emoto said:
gensem said:
Emoto said:

I ll try to do something like this in the coming weeks.]
While i hate radial laced wheels for all the obvious reasons, strength blah blah...... [ doubling to 72 will help ] a justifiable compromise.. if it holds up. lets not forget about steel rims .

Agree on the small rim choice , i would be doing the same at this high kv...also kinder on controllers /batts/ lower motor temps / harder regen braking / better acceleration , and err better ACCELERATION

Jensen under what circumstances did the other rims fail ..riding?

17" one failed just riding at 40-60kmh. I was dialing Max-e controller and started to hear a metal noise... It was 3 spokes hitting the rim wall.
18" had a somehow better angle but failed when I went from the sidewalk to the road, 10cm jump. Im pretty sure its not going to handle Sao Paulo bumps and potholes. =/

Racial lacing is weak, but when are talking about x72 8g spokes that are 5.4cm long. I might have a shot but if it still fails... I ll have to find a way to weld the hubmotor to the rim and its going to be a pain in the arse to get the welder to weld the rim centered and trued.

gensem if you shave off some of the back iron between the flanges you could probably get the weight down considerably, probably enough to take some of the load of and make it easier for the rim and spokes to survive that 273 motor. Also shaving motor means you could look into steel rim on the back without getting weight penalty.

Steel rims 17" with 72 holes:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/China-72-holes-spoke-motorcycle-17_60479819141.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.lGNy6a

Steel rims 18" w 72 holes
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Fore-wheel-chrome-plated-1-4_60430175263.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.MK8Muw

jackal said:

the secret is using PAIRED spoke holes. with such it probabaly could be laced 1-cross into a MMP rear, or radial into any other rim..

radial lacing is bullshit for hub motor.
it often is used on a front weel together with rim brakes (no torque transmission), but it is the wrong choice for the rear.

gensem said:
Racial lacing is weak, but when are talking about x72 8g spokes that are 5.4cm long. I might have a shot but if it still fails...

i'm afraid that would tear apart the steel ring of the hub

@gensem

I believe you would have better success with a custom drilled rim. 9 groups of 4 with proper angle for single cross, making a 36 spoke job better than 72 radial, yet lighter.

Another fancy solution is to drill 72, use 9 groups of 4 for single cross and 9 groups of 4 radial. You could use thinner spokes too, they are very short and spokes need some flex to build a perfect wheel.

MadRhino said:
@gensem

I believe you would have better success with a custom drilled rim. 9 groups of 4 with proper angle for single cross, making a 36 spoke job better than 72 radial, yet lighter.

Another fancy solution is to drill 72, use 9 groups of 4 for single cross and 9 groups of 4 radial. You could use thinner spokes too, they are very short and spokes need some flex to build a perfect wheel.

After reading what all you guys said about racial lacing... Using Justin calculator, 72h single cross should be doable... spoke angles are pretty close to what I had using a cromotor in a 17" rim with 36 spokes.

273_72h.png

Btw, Today I found 17" 1.85 and 2.15 72h alloy rims made in Brazil, so no need to custom order anything, they cost around 80 usd. Any thoughts?

72h_rim.png

gensem said:
After reading what all you guys said about racial lacing...
Btw, Today I found 17" 1.85 and 2.15 72h alloy rims made in Brazil, so no need to custom order anything, they cost around 80 usd. Any thoughts?]

Excited - - Much better than the radial idea :wink: will save you a lot of time / money... steel would be good insurance in that rim if pos ... is that moto rim ?

Edit Just saw the motard logo on rim ... if moto go for it

72 spokes should have a meaningfully improved shot at survival.

gensem said:
liveforphysics said:
72 spokes should have a meaningfully improved shot at survival.

Meaningfully survival improvement coming from you means alot. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

as mentioned, if you give tension to those 72 large spokes, the RING shaped spoke flange could rip to pieces!!

Back