ENDUROEBIKE.COM

eVelbike said:
100Amp is too much for 20Ah LiFePO4 battery, battery life will be short. 60A is max safe current.

what is the maximum safe continuous and peak current you would reccomend on this frames dropouts and swing arms in regards to the gyroscopic motor forces imposed on the drop outs and the flexing on the swing arm pivot and shock absorber flex. leilie ebike says 5kw continuous 8kw peak. do you think that level of force is ok on this frame. some electric scooters use 3kw which is very strong forces.

Hi Guys just got my cable and now have Xpd running. Wondering what the i should set my battery limit and phase amp limits at to get nice wheelie action going? any help with xpd would be greatly appriciated , im very new to the controller settings, not even sure what the stock numbers are for the stuff on xpd. my battery is a 72v 20ah

Hi Guys just got my cable and now have Xpd running. Wondering what the i should set my battery limit and phase amp limits at to get nice wheelie action going? any help with xpd would be greatly appriciated , im very new to the controller settings, not even sure what the stock numbers are for the stuff on xpd. my battery is a 72v 20ah

So far I have found that you have to be careful about the heat dissipation when setting up the controller for wheelie action. My controller is mounted outside the frame and with high current draw it's still getting hot, way too hot. Working on cooling duct with a few blower fans to solve that problem. Best settings for me at the moment is 96A for main draw and phase amps set at 120A. The cycle analyst is maxed out at 99A so you want to be somewhere below that. So it doesn't reset itself when the battery voltage drops. Careful about the battery though, better find out what the max discharge rate is, 5C? And as a note better disconnect the back break for better wheelie control.

wfouri said:
And as a note better disconnect the back break for better wheelie control.

o_O

The cycle analyst is maxed out at 99A so you want to be somewhere below that. So it doesn't reset itself when the battery voltage drops

i though this same thing, BUT if you change the settings on the cycle analyst to high instead of low, the cycle analyst will go over 99 amps. up to 990amps lol

i felt stupid when someone else told me this. the only difference now is your wattage is in kw instead of watts but easy to work out

Best settings for me at the moment is 96A for main draw and phase amps set at 120A

your phase amps are well low, you can go like 2.5-3 times your current.

my current xpd set-up is 68.4amps max draw (although still will draw just under 100 on cycle analyst im going to lower it further)
and my phase amps are at 203.8 now thats a wheelie machine!

i also noticed that my enduro ebike didnt have the single white wires coming from the controller connected together so i had no regen. connect them up and bobs your uncle.

hope this helps ?

Thanks a lot Quadfather, how about the cuttoff voltage?
Also Could you post some pics of what wires i need to hook up to set my "horn" button regan?
and how the hell do i post pictures , cant figure it out

Ok got the CA turned on the cable plugged into usb com3 and XPD matched up. Controller is plugged into cable. When i try to upload settings holding the button for 20 secs and nothing happens. i unplug try again nothing.... i tryed using differnt ports that doesnt help either. Also i have XPD Profile set for "Modle EB218" and "Controller Family Infineon 2". Might i have something wrong? Need some help guys.

Thanks Guys
Cooper ~

Ok got the CA turned on the cable plugged into usb com3 and XPD matched up. Controller is plugged into cable. When i try to upload settings holding the button for 20 secs and nothing happens. i unplug try again nothing.... i tryed using differnt ports that doesnt help either. Also i have XPD Profile set for "Modle EB218" and "Controller Family Infineon 2". Might i have something wrong? Need some help guys.

yeah you need infineon 3 (EB318) i had the same issue.

good luck pal

Just thought I'd post the small changes I made to improve my bike. I Apologize for the bad quality of the photos, but they are considerably shrunk. Fitted a 72v to 12v converter, fitted lights and horn, front axil sliders and bar ends, raised the handlebars, changed the seat post to a swept-back hussfelt post. Fitted cooling channels and fan's to the controller, to give better cooling, since I have to current set to 90A at the moment. All is working well, and the handling is much improved by raising the bar's and moving the seat back, also makes it easier for standing and riding. Only complaints, so far is the stand keeps moving, no matter how much you tighten it, I put some extra screws in it to stop it moving consider putting an extra bold in at the factory... And I lost the bottom foot part the first time I did a dirt trail. Second problem is just the cover fastners, they might look nice, but aluminum is too soft for it, it should atleast be mild steel or even better stainless. It's overall an awesome bike, have been using it for commuting to work, and hitting lots of dirt trails, and just general practicing tricks and things that I am not confident in doing with my dirt bike yet, works brilliant for practicing trials tricks and slow riding maneuvers. But I do find that the controller takes a bit of punishment with this, since riding slow and doing silly tricks requires a lot of amps and it's all just short bursts of power. Hence the need for cooling. I would not recommend the controller be internally mounted if the current limit is changed. Even with it externally mounted it was getting too hot.

All and all, great bike!!

Attachments

• DSC_0059-900x1600.JPG
    DSC_0059-900x1600.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 4,169
  • DSC_0057-1600x900.JPG
    DSC_0057-1600x900.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 2,042
  • DSC_0062-1600x900.JPG
    DSC_0062-1600x900.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 4,169
  • DSC_0063-1600x900.JPG
    DSC_0063-1600x900.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 4,169
Just thought I'd post the small changes I made to improve my bike.

Good work pal! totally agree on the stand. i find myself kicking it with my heel when i'm riding to make sure my crank arms don't hit it.

As i've done a few miles on the bike now. (probably about 800) and had a few questions here and on my previous youtube video, i thought i'd do a little Q+A
theres also a few peoples reactions to the bike on the video. and a bike lift lol

For anyone interested, heres the video on my youtube
[youtube]jL6bLP0Si1U[/youtube]

My new off-road tyres have arrived to be fitted shortly shinko sr241 19x2.75
IMG_2302.jpg

Also changed the crank as my pedal sheared off ?
IMG_0139.jpg

I got a 44t with a chain guard as you can see in the pic below
IMG_1785.jpg

Overall i'm very happy with it. i want the NYX next. going to build it myself but not untill next year when i can afford it. who knows something better maybe out by then...... ? lol

Hi,

Nice one Quadfather.

Just a question to everyone, has anyone looked at the efneo front gearing system? Supose to be planetary gears, giving three speed selections. Highest being 50t equivalent. And priced at $245. Haven't checked if it would fit at all. Link is below. Give opinions.
http://www.efneo.com/en/gearbox/#pre-ordering

nutspecial said:
I agree, be cautious more than anxious. Imo, you could likely make a much nicer build diy, for less money. As a firsttimer, maybe don't plan to save much money, but get alot of experience which will help to use/maintenance/upkeep.

I did my first diy this year, and just grabbed a purpose built frame for another in the future. Eastgem on aliexpress also has frames and whole bikes.
Imo I'd get just a frame and try to source the electronics (including hub) from the most reliable(1) economical(2) local(3) place. A retired ebay or local DH bike could offer all or most of the other bike parts at a good value.

That said, that's me, and if you have some semblance of buyer protection with endurobike, they're likely to come thru for you as advertised. Add up the component prices as a fun exercise before buying? Really its just a naked bike with a hub, yes? Price seems reasonable, but a little steep for a diy'er?
You're doing all the ebike diy anyway if you have to supply controller/battery/computer anyway?

On battery: 6x4 5s lipo for the battery? 20s 6p is huge isn't it? I run 20s2p 5800mah for 1-3mi/ah on a ~70lb 6kw build. more than 2p is alot of range, but also alot of lipo.
imo large packs are best suited for can-cell bms'd storebought batteries. The main benefits of lipo are just the highest draw in the smallest/cheapest package.

Curious to see how you make-out. Goodluck and welcome to the ebike world!

Wow how interesting to see my complete thought process laid out by someone else and not 2 much longer after I had to go through this whole DIY process basically alone, obv except for advice on ES (It's actually what I told the Factory when only buying the Frame!) Shipping a bomber or Vector back to E Europe for repair is bad enough! but we all know what Chinese warranties are worth ;) so a home DIY build was the only way to know my whole build inside out for repairing issues that arise.
Your 1st and 2nd points, while initially appearing conflicting, are also well taken, for while it seems one could indeed make one's own superior "Build," for cheaper, (e.g using new bike, take-off's,) in practice, as a 1st time build it was actually slightly more pricey @about $3.5k costs but all my labour and time.
I also was able to design a custom bike setup on the frame, using a far bigger 76v Lifep04 prismatic of 30ah not 20ah with a max 8c not 5c rating that I had custom built for me. I also chose the Lyen 18fet ESC rather than a base Infineon 18fet or the Sabvoton Sine wave, they now offer, and I use the higher version CAv3 (the Factory said they were out of CA v2.3 when I ordered the frame 8 months ago and didn't even know when to expect more and advised me to buy in the US, around about when I found ES, and joined, so that wasn't a prob ;) I was also able to use this forum, to find myself a better DD hub that matched my needs, that's @the same time, fast, powerful and more efficient/economical for my larger (way heavier and slightly bulkier too,) battery, so as to improve my range, which drains proportionally faster to the amount of power you use, (as well as heating up the hub quickly,) so thanks to user Neptronix for all his pioneering test work on the Leafmotor :)
My wider battery, meant a further amount of customization to the frame was necessary to accept it, also necessary was a custom widened BB with extended spindle width, to create the necessary crank clearance around the wider box. The original 100mm by 145mm VP components Fatbike BB, was switched for one with a 170mm spindle, and a custom 206mm one that's on the way should fit even better. I've mounted my controller externally, but covered it with a protective plastic enclosure I modified from a rectangular (Thick/tough 3mm+) card file box, to protect it and the wiring into the frame, from stones and road debris.
For convenience and fit I also bought a few components from Leili too, like their new 203mm disks with zoom hydraulic ebrakes as well as their 42t chainring and crankset as well as front rim and 36h hub, everything else was either Alibaba or Ebay/Amazon bought.
As a first build it was def a challenge but I gained invaluable experience from it, learning just how my actual Bike was built and setup, so I'm the best person equipped to fix any subsequent repatable issues, (I hope ;)
I wish everyone all the best with all the diff EEB builds, It's a super fun frame that feels very durable to me so far, and I hope everyone is LOVING IT just as much as I am.
P.S I've had decals for the side covers for abt 4 months now (they're of THFC my footy team, but since we're having a best season in ages, I don't wanna be the public JINX!! so the SPURS EEB will be coming soon...;) keep tuned
I don't really have vids or more than random pics and because of winter testing was only 80% complete with my longest run only 12miles

wfouri said:
Fitted a 72v to 12v converter,
Is yours a 60v bike or 72v (76v if 24s lifepo4.) Because my bike needed a 86v to 12v dc converter (Charge voltage?)

Only complaints, so far is the stand keeps moving, no matter how much you tighten it, I put some extra screws in it to stop it moving consider putting an extra bold in at the factory... And I lost the bottom foot part the first time I did a dirt trail
Instead I purchased a very good hand-built stand from Artur from Vector bikes, that mounts on the rear swing arm, and is very well engineered, sent by airmail pretty quickly from germany.

But I do find that the controller takes a bit of punishment with this,
Perhaps you can consider upgrading it to a cooler running one?

Hi

ABritInNY

The full charge value is actually 88v I have an 21S li-ion battery. The converter is not a fixed value and will work from about 40v to 100v. I was just simplifying in saying 72v converter.

My stand is working alright now with added screws, but will keep it in mind. It would definitely be nicer on the swingarm, if you hit big bumps.

As for the controller, I will upgrade it eventually, or rebuild it. At the moment it’s still going and the cooling I have added has been doing the trick. This bike is just a toy to me, and I don’t mind experimenting with the components and testing the limits on it. :D

hi there.

find the frame interesting. can somebody tell the max. tire width of an 18" wheel that would fit in?

hi there.

find the frame interesting. can somebody tell the max. tire width of an 18" wheel that would fit in?

I've just fitted 19 x 2.75 shinko sr241 tyres and the clearance is tight. just about fits. the 3" definately wouldnt fit either on the front or rear.

Hope this helps ?

thanks it gives a good indication. can you measure the width of the tire as it depends a little on the rim too?

Where did you order the moto seat? You got a link? Cheers. I was also wondering if the qulbix moto seat might fit... Looks like a similar design. I was gonna order a q76r but they dont seem to have a way to order online & dont respond to emails, but this one seems readily available

Hey guys, nice bikes :D

I've recently got one of these bikes too, I ordered all the parts and got the local bike shop to build it up, I did do all the electrics myself however as thats where i'm most confident! Heres a video showing the almost completed bike, its running 20S Multistar LiPo's and it absolutely shifts :twisted: Max power peaks at over 8kW which is obviously too much for the infineon controller (motor seems to handle it though) but I plan to upgrade it to a nice Sinewave Alltrax controller later. Must do the brakes first though! those Hope brakes look nice, how well do they work in practice for a bike of this weight?

[youtube]le8y9a8BfzA[/youtube]

Anyway this thread has been quiet for a bit so I wonder how everyone is getting on with their bikes?

Cheers,

Andy (from Essex in the UK)

guys has anyone purchased the motocross seat for the enduro ebike frame? .i built my bike a couple months ago but been really hoping to buy a proper motocross seat like the one in the picture provided in this particular forum thread. i contacted the actual enduroebike manufacturers and they provided me a pic of what they have but its a lot more angled and looks different from the one on the bike shown on this thread. any help would be great.

Back