Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
abrahamlincoln383153.jpg

I remember one time, sleeping, I slept through the night sleeping on my back on the floor (in a sleeping bag) and I noticed this light but noticeable chest pain that semi-woke-me-up and I just kept sleeping through it and I woke up feeling dizzy, confused and it was weird. I didn't think much of it, other than it seemed kind of strange. (And, at the time it was happening, kind of alarming. I just chalked it upto "didn't eat enough", 'hunger chest pains', 'dizziness due to hypoglycemia' or some such.)

But, then when I was in the hospital because my roommate sucked, I saw this sign that went like "If you ever feel confused, dizzy, chest pain, etc."(Exactly what I experienced that one morning), "Press the red button immediately.". I thought, oh lord, you're telling me I was having a medical emergency that one morning? lol. That gave me pause.

Ever since then, I've had this persisting fear I was going to die in my sleep in the not too distant future. So, when I feel extremely sleepy unusually early despite having eaten more then enough, and then wake up feeling frocking fatigued and laughing produces a rather noticeable lightheaded feeling, and I had a kind of constant 'tense' feeling like the kind that preceded the burning chest head rush sensation yesterday, I'm kind of thinking to myself "I could very well die soon". I can remember all the statistics in the world that tell me that's not going to happen, but I then remember that early death does happen and, no, it doesn't usually doesn't run in families like the doctors at the ER seemed to think, and in some ways, I feel like I might be slotted for it. I've always had this mental picture of a female angel standing with a sword in her hand, pointed down towards the ground, looking forward, like a statue - as if she was the swift arbiter of 'nature' of who was going to die. I think I saw that once in a Zelda game or something, like on an island in the clouds. And, she kept looking at me in my visions of her. And, then there's other articles I've seen, such of this girl in her 20s who developed a heart attack from coronary arthersclerosis. She posited she had it at such a young age because of her excessive social stress. And, indeed, articles suggest that 'the unloved' among mammalian species develop arthersclerosis at a much faster clip than normal; the so called 'unloved' psychological disorder, borderline personality disorder, has a heart attack odds ratio of 13:1, compared to 2-3:1 for other mental disorders (Including seemingly worse ones like schizophrenia). So, it kind of seems like this is one of the mechanisms used to weed the 'unloved' genes from the gene pool. And, god dang, I so didn't need that cruel female comparing me to some 'loser' literary figure that blamed Fortuna for all his bad luck in life, lol. I don't know where she was coming from; the job market in my city just particularly sucked in 2010 being at the depths of the Great Recession, so of course I would be complaining at that point in my life, just like almost every other young adult here that couldn't find work at the time. I was recently reminded of that experience when I was looking at moving to Yuma, AZ because of its excellent winter weather, and I saw "Fortuna Foothills" to the east of the city. I thought, "NO WAY. This can't be a sign she was right! lol", not every city just /happens/ to have an area called "Fortuna Foothills", or other references to 'Fortuna', and I was only looking at 2-3 cities in depth. I didn't even know who Fortuna was! lol. (Though, I've recently checked.)

I wish I was like all those 'other' "I feel I'm going to die" anxiety sufferers that didn't really have a defining event that suggests they're at risk of dying in their sleep. I feel like my 'death anxiety' is somewhat justified (As unhelpful as that anxiety probably is when sleeping at times, lol.), whereas most of those other young people's is not. Btw, I didn't really have 'dying in my sleep' anxiety the night that happened; I chalked it upto 'not eating enough' and 'hunger pains' at the time. In fact, I didn't even really have said anxiety until I saw that medical sign in the hospital, and remembered all the other chest pain episodes I had that year, and became suspicious.

And, then when I was taking my blood pressure trying to figure out the secrets to getting it down so I could pass the MEPs physical in getting into the Nuclear Navy (I have to emphasize the Nuclear Navy because it's not /just/ the navy, many people seem to get the mis-impression I was trying to join 'the navy'. In fact, it's an entirely separate branch of the navy with its own separate funding directly set by congress, instead of by Navy brass.), I kept getting this picture of the letters "CO" blazing across my mind. It /kept/ blazing across my mind, like some kind of message. I had no idea what it meant; CO as in 'Coronary Occlusion', 'Cerebral Occlusion' or was it preluding to my future status as a CEO? I had no idea; coincidentally, CO stands for 'commanding officer' in the navy and my CO just happened to be instrumental in my removal from the Nuke program (As well as 30% of the nuke program), and further, from the Navy. So, hey, maybe those letters were just symbolizing my future encounters with the Navy Nuke CO, lol. I notice I don't get those letters anymore when taking my blood pressure now. I occasionally see an 'O' barely flit across, but it's not as prominent as the 'CO' letters I kept seeing before joining the navy. I'm not sure what the 'O' would mean if anything; it might be completely meaningless. I've not been obsessing about it because it's not as particularly distinctive as the 'CO' letter sequence was that puzzled me for so long.

Anyway, I soon resolved I would rather buy land instead of 'renting' somewhere, because I'm keenly aware of recessions, and renting is a potentially precarious living situation in the face of a volatile economy/job-market, and I've learned to read the tea leaves, and Texas seems like a great place to own land/live during a possible/probable recession due to its strong private property ownership legal protections (Coincidentally, it originally was designed as a way to attract/protect homesteaders from wall street creditors during the great depression.). Not only that; Houston! Wow, amazing place. I've been there once and that place freaking charmed my socks off and I absolutely loved the weather. The fact I could actually buy land in close proximity to Houston?! Freaking amazing. Absolutely amazing. I had such a hard time believing I could just buy property that close to such an awesome city, but I could actually do it. Amazing.

Anyway, that's my story for tonight. :lol:

Update: I've found the name of the book, I've never read it myself. "A Confederacy of Dunces". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Confederacy_of_Dunces

And, oh shit.

Its central character, Ignatius J. Reilly, is an educated but slothful 30-year-old man living with his mother in the Uptown neighborhood of early-1960s New Orleans who, in his quest for employment, has various adventures with colorful French Quarter characters.

Yeah, the French Quarter. Definitely one of the reasons why I wanted to move to Houston, lol. She can't be right, right? I mean, so many other people absolutely love the French quarter just like I do, and it's not like they are all like Ignatius. Furthermore, I've not had various adventures with colorful French Quarter characters and don't plan on it (Though, I have met a few colorful French Quarter shop owners. *Stroking my chin*). But... oh... it could happen. The area is a party zone on the weekends after all, lol. :lol:

Officially, they both deplore everything the other stands for. Though neither of them will admit it, their correspondence indicates that, separated though they are by half a continent, many of their actions are meant to impress one another.

Interesting, I could see some parallels. Emphasis on the 'some' part.

Ignatius is insane and arranges to have him sent to a mental hospital.

Even more. :lol: I don't believe I was sent because I was insane, however, I think they needed someone to watch me under observation for at least a good amount of time separated from the community, because my dickhead roomate made it sound like he thought I was going to shoot up the school. If he actually thought that, what a moron. But he wasn't a moron, oh no... what really happened... I could tell he was manipulating the entire situation like a sociopath, because he cooly responded with 'You're welcome' when I thanked him. And, I definitely personally diagnosed him as a sociopath prior (I didn't hold it against him, until it directly affected me); he did not care about the well-being of other people, in fact, he talked as if hated everybody and he thought was better than pretty much everyone - this showed in his academics and PT, which he excelled. My previous roommate wasn't like that; nope, he was ... a normal young 20-something fun-seeking male happy to stay up past bedtime playing games. Which wouldn't normally be a problem if his roommate was also like that. Before the back-stabbing, I actually enjoyed my second roommate more because we both believed in getting a good night's sleep. :lol:

(Anyway, I get to relish in our divergent paths. While they're toiling away for 70 hours a week doing whatever crap work all first-termers do with very little opportunity for freedom (It's very hard to take leave as a first-term nuke), I get to be building my business(es) using my creativity and skills, live where I want, grow my own garden, travel anywhere I please whenever I might please, assuming I arrange travel plans ahead of time. Most people don't really relish 'freedom' as a civilian until they've been in a freedom-squashing organization like the Nuclear Navy.)

marty said:
Glad you feeling better. Get some medical help. Good place to start is a primary doctor.
And, I'm already set up for two doctor appointments, all about 2 weeks from now.
:D
Dauntless said:
You're way overanalyzing everything. But that's probably an understatement.
Well said.
nutspecial said:
Coca, cacoa, cocoa, and coffee have alot in common you know, and they all have health benefits, but an obvious side effect would be things physiological and nervous system related like you have been mentioning. I would eliminate/ cutback rather than intensify use.
Other drugs can cause paranoia. First one that comes to mind is marijuana.
Medicines That Can Cause Anxiety
Many medicines can cause anxiety or make anxiety worse. Discuss your medicines with your doctor if you think that a medicine may be adding to your anxiety.

Prescription medicines that may cause anxiety include:

Asthma medicines, such as albuterol, salmeterol, and theophylline.
Blood pressure medicines, such as methyldopa.
Hormones, such as oral contraceptives.
Medicines that contain amphetamines, such as Benzedrine, Dexedrine, and Ritalin.
Steroids, such as cortisone, dexamethasone, and prednisone.
Thyroid medicines.
Other medicines, such as phenytoin, levodopa, quinidine, and some antidepressants.

Nonprescription medicines that may cause anxiety include:

Medicines that contain caffeine, such as Anacin, Empirin, Excedrin, No-Doz, and cough medicines.
Decongestants, such as phenylephrine, including Sudafed PE.
Illegal drugs, such as cocaine, crack, or speed (amphetamines).

Story about alcohol as told to me from a guy in Buffalo NY. Buffalo guy went to Texas and drank way too much alcohol. He then become annoying. Texas guy wearing a cowboy hat, pulled out a gun and pointed it at Buffalo guy and told him to try and improve his behavior. Buffalo guy has been behaving very well ever since that incident.

Eat healthy food and drink lots of water.

Was driving in my car listening to a story on the radio. http://www.npr.org/ is 88.7 MHz where I live.

Man swallowed a fly. He could feel it flying around in his lungs. His friend had a big shop vac. He went to his friends house. He told his friend about the fly that was flying around in his lungs. They got the shop vac and jammed the hose down his throat. Tried to suck the fly out. Did not work. He could still feel the fly flying around. Now he is wondering is the fly pregnant? What happens if it lays eggs? Eggs will hatch and he will have a whole colony of fly's in his lungs. His other friend owned a cigar store. He went to the cigar guy and told him about the fly that was flying around in his lungs. Cigar guy gave him the biggest cigar in the store and told him he could smoke the cigar and the smoke would kill the fly. He smoked the whole cigar breathing in all the smoke. Did not work. He could still feel the fly flying around. Now he thinks that if he goes to the pool at the YMCA. Floats to the bottom of the pool, his lungs will fill with water and the fly will drown. Also he will die, but hopefully the lifeguards have had the popper training and they will be able to rescue him and bring him back to life. The man jumps into the pool, his lungs fill with water and he starts to die............

Then I got to where I was going. Turned off the car. I never heard the end of this story. Searched around on the internet. Find nothing. Anybody with better search skills? Can you find this story?

marty said:
Was driving in my car listening to a story on the radio. http://www.npr.org/ is 88.7 MHz where I live.

Man swallowed a fly. He could feel it flying around in his lungs. His friend had a big shop vac. He went to his friends house. He told his friend about the fly that was flying around in his lungs. They got the shop vac and jammed the hose down his throat. Tried to suck the fly out. Did not work. He could still feel the fly flying around. Now he is wondering is the fly pregnant? What happens if it lays eggs? Eggs will hatch and he will have a whole colony of fly's in his lungs. His other friend owned a cigar store. He went to the cigar guy and told him about the fly that was flying around in his lungs. Cigar guy gave him the biggest cigar in the store and told him he could smoke the cigar and the smoke would kill the fly. He smoked the whole cigar breathing in all the smoke. Did not work. He could still feel the fly flying around. Now he thinks that if he goes to the pool at the YMCA. Floats to the bottom of the pool, his lungs will fill with water and the fly will drown. Also he will die, but hopefully the lifeguards have had the popper training and they will be able to rescue him and bring him back to life. The man jumps into the pool, his lungs fill with water and he starts to die............

Then I got to where I was going. Turned off the car. I never heard the end of this story. Searched around on the internet. Find nothing. Anybody with better search skills? Can you find this story?

I looked using my excellent search skills and found a nursery rhyme I've never personally heard in my childhood. I feel like my childhood was missing something, lol.

[youtube]JFaNA2bGCXY[/youtube]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amyfeldman/2016/08/28/entrepreneur-shoukat-dhanani-runs-one-of-americas-largest-private-businesses-very-very-quietly/#acd342647aa9

Builds a 2 billion franchise business of burger kings, gas stations and convenience stores, entirely in the Houston area until he doubled in size after a cash buyout of New England franchises in 2012. I'm telling you, there's a lot of wealth in the city that refines 60% of the nation's oil! Refineries have been, historically, one of the most profitable sectors thanks to the $2-$3 billion barriers to entry and now all the legal red tape. Those California refineries, in particular, make off like a bandit with all the shady excuses for their Californian gas price gouging I've seen.

Oh, god, you just HAD to bring up 'A Confederacy of Dunces.' A laborious because it's unfinished, but a rather addicting tale. A favorite of English majors like myself and other literary types to talk about if it's been read within a particular circle. It's been a long time so it's not so easy to discuss. So this guy who couldn't get a fulltime teaching position and taught parttime writes this book ridiculing one of his old teachers, an old girlfriend, as well as others, but could never quite come up with a real direction for the book, which kept several interested publishers from putting it into print until after his death. It occurs to me that in the 1960's it's being judged by the merits of 'The Peter Principle' era, where the educated incompetent keep rising to their level of incompetence, i.e. if you manage to do a job well enough they promote you until you no longer can do your job well. But you keep promoting. In the 1980's, when the book was finally available to the public, there were more college people out there unable to get a job, unable to move up, etc. Which has grown even more common today, making the theme even more relevant.

He kept mailing it, kept getting responses that they wanted to see a rewritten version, he kept saying he didn't want to give up on it but obviously didn't want to put the finished polish on it they wanted. All this stuff you post on ES: You wouldn't be trying to emulate John Kennedy Toole, would you? This guy complained that his students were saying things about him behind his back. Excuse me, he went to college long enough to get a PhD., why the concern about students talking behind a teachers back?

floatingdog said:
Confederacy of Dunces, makes you laugh your ass off. Ignatius Reilly is the central character. If you've read this you should think of a character here at ES who left the forum ostensibly due to endless teasing. Tell me if you can guess who I'm talking about. The seemingly sincere but farcical posts of said ES member made me think he had read this book and was masterfully yanking our chain. I wish he was still here. If he reads this thread, I hope he is not offended. I liked him. He was a great character whether fictional or real and added color to ES.

marty said:
Can you find this story?

First, I absolutely would need the name of the show it was on. If it was a local only show there's still a prospect that they used something from a service that would appear in other shows. But whose broadcast it was on can be the most important part of finding it.

Might I venture a guess that it was the fly what saved his life?

Oh, mosquitoes. There's no such thing as REPELLANT, there are only ways to confuse it so it doesn't realize it wants to bite you. When it smells the garlic in your sweat it thinks you're not biteable, etc. It's the same with DEET, etc,. skeeters just don't think that smell is what it's looking for. Some of this stuff about putting the lemon oil in water so they'll land there and drown, well, I've noticed it tends to work with most flying insects, the container seems to fill up. But mosquitoes lay eggs in water, so I don't know why they die since they'd go to the water I'd say without the lemon oil.

swbluto said:
the so called 'unloved' psychological disorder, borderline personality disorder

That's funny, I've never heard it called that. I have heard things like:

Albert Camus said:
Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.

And I think that's just another example of how people don't think before they speak. If nobody realizes, why did Camus say that? Didn't he become wrong as he spoke? What sounds like a kewl thing to say often shows ignorance, even in Camus. (A favorite of mine for quotes.) So I'm not sure about that 'Mental Illness of the unloved' bit. When you choose to bring up BPD, do you consider the theory that it shouldn't be called a personality disorder at all, but rather an identity disorder? They dubbed one of my relatives BPD and said it was because her mother was over protective of her needy, nervously overachieving daughter, etc., all the opposite of unloved. Hmmmmm. Some people get so caught up in imagining a great ROMANCE to something that's really just an affliction. Such as having leprosy and living in a leper colony. http://www.sacred-texts.com/etc/mhs/mhs27.htm

swbluto said:
But, then when I was in the hospital because my roommate sucked. . . .

I''m too terrified to ask what he might have sucked on that landed you in the hospital, but I'm still curious if it also involved a shop vac. . . .

If you do wind up i the hospital again, you could use the time to read 'A Confederacy of Dunces,' which will take some time. I remember years ago I had the new car with a cd player in it and checked out the audio book from the library to hear it again, not wanting a second read. But immediately the car went in under warranty for electrical trouble it took too long for them to fix, so the book went back and I never checked it out again. You might consider Flannery O'Connor, a favorite of his, while you're at it.

Well, it's been about 2 days since I last took blood thinners. I was smacking the monkey while laying in bed, and noticed an increasing chest pressure, increasing sensation in my bicep/left thumb, and this sharp pain my right ear (Was last noticed when experiencing a stressful thought). I thought, huh, now would be a great time to see if this really is some cardiovascular phenomena because it's acting like it's going to trigger and my blood supply is diminished and it's been 2 days since the last time I took blood thinner. So, I stood up, which would've imposed additional load, and then started smacking and about 10 seconds later (The body should've adapted to standing up within 2-3 seconds), this incredible pressure in my head took hold and I felt like I was going to immediately pass out and I immediately stopped and took some aspirin.

It's so weird how I've recently identified the role of acid reflux in some of these chest sensations, which burping later relieves. And, a lot of this left side phenomena seems to be correspond with palpable sharp pain in the left upperback/neck, periodically felt with fleeting sharp left pain in the spine, which seems to radiate along the upper left ribs, which is like a sore sensation. But, it's interesting that the sensation seemed to extend upto the left jaw and up the left side of the face. Other threads seem to indicate neck issues, which seems that I undeniably have had ever since the neck strain with the cervical decompression device. And, at the same time, it seemed I was able to induce 'cardiovascular overload' indicating a probable underlying cardiovascular issue (Kind of sad, actually, since I believe any healthy 29 year old male should be able to do the doggy position, without the aid of blood thinners and vasodilators, without passing out.). The combination of all three being discovered within the last 2-3 weeks just seems bizarre, like statistically improbable, and I'm not sure I believe what my evidence seems to be telling me (Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting the evidence?), but the evidence seems awfully compelling.

If I'm not misinterpreting the evidence, then it seems fair to assume the noted ongoing soreness in T1 is perhaps being radiated from the heart via the sympathetic nerve. Then again, perhaps my neck was crinked down, which is known to reduce cardiac output. (Induces exercise intolerance)

Then again, maybe my overall exercise tolerance has been decreasing and I've just not been aware of it? Like I'm in the midst of ongoing heart failure, and these upperback pains that seem to suddenly occur, like they just 'kick in', and fade over a 20-30 minute period between 10 a.m.-2 p.m. are really mild heart attacks. It's kind of like how my uncle at the age of 49 started going and he had imminent heart failure within a month, though he had lower backpain and a 'feeling sick to his stomach' going on. (Mine just feels like someone kicked me in the upper back, out of the blue.)

Edit; I'm willing to bet my head was kinked forward. It seems I get the right ear pain ache when it's kinked forward, at least right now it's like that; since wake-me-from-my-sleep stress one time caused instantaneous right ear ache, it's likely the reduction in cardiac capacity from kinking my head forward is causing the ache. And standing up in the 'forward position' that naturally goes with that kind of work, definitely kinks my head forward.

Edit: Hmmm. I noticed the soreness stretching up the left side of my face, starting from my left jaw has been gone since taking the aspirin.

And, I've discovered where genuine heart pain would originate in my case. It would likely originate more between the nipples, or slightly above that center point. I was earlier looking at http://www.epainassist.com/chest-pain/substernal-chest-pain (Has a nice diagram where substernal chest pain is located), and I discovered this by being in throes of distress, and when I was reading the inadequacy of MI detection at the hospitals (https://myheartsisters.org/2012/05/15/cardiac-enzymes/), I closed my eyes for a second, and a sudden sore pain behind my ribs directly between the nipples just 'kicked'(Lasted a second). It was definitely not 'rib' based pain, as it distinctively did not feel like it was at my ribs, like so many other insignficant rib based pains I get in that area when I twist my torso. It definitely felt like it was behind it. Anyway, that's reassuring, because I've never actually felt /significant/ discomfort/pain/sensations in that region. Anxiety and GERD based chest discomfort tends to happen in the upper chest, 2nd rib from the top, where almost all my various 'chest episodes' have occurred. (Can't confirm for a few episodes)

And, I suspect my test was inadequate. Clearly somewhat anxious, was sleepy and laid down for 20 minutes previously, and I started intensifying the effort likely after 6-7 seconds after standing, and my neck was likely kinked forward. The increase in load was probably just too much, too fast from the previous position.

swbluto said:
I was smacking the monkey while laying in bed. . . .

Has the expression 'Too Much Information' ever been known to cross your thoughts? How about we just consider your simian to be a top secret subject on a need to know basis? Ah, there's NO security clearance on this board. Too bad. . . .

TMI.jpg

As I said, I'm treating this like my personal journal. And, I'm not really concerned about how this information affects my employment, because I'm secretly self-employed (No one knows where I really work). It's one of the nice things of working for yourself incognito, you're not really afraid that you're going to fire yourself for saying the wrong things in a non-business setting. (Can't definitely say that about the Navy! lol.)

It's not that I go out of my way to abuse that impunity, but it's been of benefit once before, and I think some test protocols I'm developing could possibly be of benefit to someone else in the future. (Though, I've since discredited that particular test protocol. Someone /could/ improve upon it.)

Anyway, I could smack my dog instead, but she doesn't like it as much as my monkey does.

EDIT: Wow, I think I've figured out a ridiculously simple method to temporarily relieve neck pain (And possibly its tagon symptoms, like left first four finger pain/numbness and this ear ache). All I have to do is pull up on my head, lol.

Wow, this solution has relieved the primary symptoms for at least the last 20 minutes. I'm definitely adding it to my bag of tricks, lol.

Today. Another eventful morning. I have workrave, set it to 10 minutes max of computer use at a time.

I noticed the left first four finger pins/needles/pain getting bad yesterday along with burning in my left chin, and all because it appeared I was excessively looking forward to get a better look at these photos. So, I went to sleep early, hoping it'd correct by the morning time, and it appeared to 'sort of' correct it, lol. The usual sensations were triggered much earlier than normal. I then slept on my right side, which apparently let me get rid of this 'sleepiness' I still had(And have been having ever since sleeping on my back), and I dreamt. Nice

Got up, and as I walking along, 10 seconds later, this burning sensation in my left jaw and in my left upper rib took hold and just wasn't letting go. I felt around on my spine to feel what areas were being affected, and it appeared T1-T3, T10, and C1-C4 were all notably sore. That's intriguing because the heart's nerves map to T1-T3 and C1-C3. I don't believe it maps to T10, but it could've been especially irritated simply because it's right next to the heart. Anyway, that's hypothetical since I obviously have neck issues. Like, certain movements elicit pain at the base of the neck around T1, so that's undeniably true.

After eating lunch: Today feels 'off'. Tired and an underlying sense of anxiety. It seems like it takes a long time to 'recover' when standing up, the 'black out' sensation seems to be deeper and lasts longer than normal (Standing heart rate is below 100, so no POTS). Blood pressure was normal, didn't indicate extensive anxiety (at the time it was measured, lol). Breathing rate and heart rate was better than normal when doing the exercise stress test, didn't feel tired at all climbing 100 feet. Sitting down seemed to elicit a pins and needles sensation on the left half the body, immediately after sitting (back of chair pushes chest forward). This seems to be almost purely a neck/nerve phenomena, and it seems the nerve roots around T1 are triggering everything (Decreasing the curvature at T1, by increasing the upper spine curve and/or being more upright, seems to decrease symptoms->(Anxiety,Tiredness,seems to have eliminated depth and length of "black out" recovery after standing up.), the involvement of T10 could be significant. But, I could be wrong. It could be worse, and this is really especially subtle heart failure at play. The 'attacks' (That last longer than 5 seconds) don't seem to be traditional, however; they almost always center around the upper body and radiate from the spine/ribs/bones. Sweating/nausea/clamminess/while-it's-happening-fatigue/radiating-along-the-pinky/last-two-fingers/entire-hand/deep-pain-especially-in-lower-mid-chest-area are all not present. And I traced the nerves corrresponding to my first four fingers to forearm->bicep->goes-under-the-middle-of-the-tip-of-outer-left-shoulder->under-left-of-the neck-along-left-shoulder, and then it curves upwards at the neck to attach to wherever it attaches (C5,C6,C7). This path becomes palpably sore when left four finger tingling/pain presents.

I'm hoping this is all really 'whiplash' phenemona that will resolve in 2 months (The possible involvement of weakened C1-C7 ligaments seems like a realistic possibility). It obviously didn't do the trick in 2 weeks, so I'm setting my sights on 2 months, lol. Something like this being chronic seems like it'd be frocking miserable, lol. (Granted, it could definitely be worse. A severe car crash with permanent nerve damage would definitely be worse. As far as I know, I don't appear to have permanent nerve damage.)

Edit: Well, it seems like I've figured out how to decrease the relative angle of T1. I previously said "increase the kyphotic angle", and I thought leaning back in my chair would achieve this, but it didn't seem like it was having a noticeable affect. I then sat back and started drooping my shoulders forward as I would normally do when typing, and my head experienced almost immediate relief of some sort. It's not entirely painless ATM, but it doesn't seem like my ears are constantly clogging from the local nerve/pain sensations and my ears are notably less clogged than previously. So, I won't claim it's a panacea, but it seemed to have a noticeable improvement.

Edit: After starting work, I noticed I started feeling dizzy. At the time, I also had some wretched pain developing along my right trapezius. Threads like these confirm this phenomena: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/40405/pain/neck-pain-cervical/c5-c6-neck-pain-occipital-neuralgia-and-dizziness

Then I started noticing the presyncope feeling and 'fatigued' feeling. What was this? http://www.neurosymptoms.org/#/dizziness/4533197313

Oh interesting. Yeah, maybe the anxiety is causing the fatigue and 'presyncope' feeling. Sure enough, told myself I'm imagining it, and it went away. However, I'm definitely not imagining this sharp neck pain/ear pain/right trapezius pain. It persists. Regardless, I'm telling myself to keep moving that neck because that diagram made is seem like it ultimately was the cause of neck pain (And, yes, it's true I've been trying to keep the neck staying still), and keep that anxiety down. Hopefully the ear pain, sharp neck pain, right trapezius pain will eventually go and stay away. If it doesn't, then there's a good chance I have the previously linked thread's phenomena (Nerve compression), which I already know I have, but perhaps lack of neck movement is contributing?

EDIT: In this now less anxious state and moving my neck around, I've noticed that leaning forward and lifting heavy things will reproduce the persisting right neck/trapezius pain and send pains down my left forearm. Leaning back in my chair also does it (Probably because it effectively 'leans forward' the head or stresses the base of the neck.). Fatigue/presyncope is gone, things feel kind of normal, and the occasional sharp pain at the base of the neck is there, the neck as a whole doesn't feel sore, but nothing seemingly alarming. It's a little hard to do work without triggering the neck pain and trapezius/left-forearm, due to the angles involved with the tight quarters I'm working with. Leaning my right arm forward to use the mouse also seems to be triggering this pain combo.

EDIT: Laid a blanket down to look at the stars with the nice temperature/breeze outdoors. I survived about 5 minutes before the flying insects found me, lol. Anyway, I noticed significant calm afterwards. This tells me, living in nature is exactly the way people were designed to live. Being indoors, for some reason, seems to be prone to induce anxiety.

Let me point that indeed you ARE treating this as your personal journal, even though it is NOT. It is online for everyone to see. This is supposed to be where you say 'Oh, right, got it' but of course you won't because you don't get it. You're not treating this as a personal journal at all. You're treating it as Anthony Weiner's twitter account.

You remember Anthony. He first came to national attention going on CNN saying 'That's right, have fun making fun of my last name. Ha ha.'

But it wasn't his name we were laughing at, it was his broadcast tweets of his--- er, namesake. ('Hey, I figured out what I can do with this.' But did he mean twitter, or. . . .) Mainly because he was a U.S. congressman at the time. Not for long. . . .

FLASH forward a few years, Anthony is trying to make a comeback, running for mayor of New York, reality TV cameras in tow. Cue the Britney Spears song: ('Oops I did it again. . . .')

SO. You'll never guess who WotW (Wife of the Weiner) works for. Would you believe. . . Hillary Clinton? (This just keeps getting better and better.) It seems Anthony hit just the way to tell the Trump supporters '. . . .And the horse you rode in on.' Could it get any better?

So the Governor of Colorado can smoke pot and take selfies in his bathtub, but just let little Anthony let loose with 'Wheeeeeeeeeeee. . . .' and he falls on hard times. You gotta admit, you saw the name on the account, what did you expect?

But he taught that twitter account a fine lesson. He deleted it. That's the last time it'll embarrass Anthony or his last name. ('No, its just that your screen is small. . . .')

Oh, his name on twitter is available, they're used to this kind of stuff there.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/29/politics/anthony-weiner-sexting-trump-supporter/index.html

:lol: Point well received. See, at the time, it seemed I had evidence I was going to die in short time (Not being able to do it doggy style without fainting is like a surefire sign you're soon to check out.), so you tend to lose regard for things that /might/ matter in the longterm, since it's not going to really matter in a few days. If I was under the impression I was going to be around at least another couple years, then I might care.

Update: I've noticed I seem to be sweating during shipping. I can tell I'm pretty anxious/stressed during this part of work, but I wonder why it's never really happened before, like a month ago? I would assume I was just as stressed then by it, but perhaps simply there's additional anxiety due to the fact that bending my neck down obviously aggravates things, so I have to adapt my workplace.

Also, I was having lower back pain. I suspect it's because I was 'loosening' the vertebra through long-stride walking earlier, but since it's happening on the left side and I rarely have lower back pain and it's happening in the context of this other questionable medical phenomena that I've assumed is entirely cervical in nature, I went ahead and pressed firmly on it and to my surprise, pins and needle sensations noticeably was coursing through my tricep, outside of arm(holding left arm up, palm down, the left side of it.), and coursing into my pinky and fourth finger. It's obvious to me this is following the ulnar path, but why exactly would pressing on the lower back trigger the ulnar nerve? That's mysterious. If I assumed this was ultimately cardiac phenomena (Lower back pain is associated), I could speculate perhaps it was stressing the heart because it had some kind of nerve connections with it, which then sent pins and needles down the 'cardiac path' on the left arm. Seems like another explanation would be significantly more likely, like perhaps it was compressing the c8 nerve root or triggering it somehow? [oh, wikipedia is telling that this so-called 'c8' is really a nerve, not a vertebra, it just happens to be the nerve that exists below c7. C7 is the one that connects directly to the chest, so it'd make sense if there's some kind of 'disconnect' between the chest and neck, it'd be at C7, and it seems sensible that both the top and bottom of c7 would be affected. It just seems weird how pressing on the back didn't presumably trigger the bottom of c7, at least not that often. But, then again, perhaps it did 'trigger it', just didn't affect the ulnar nerve in particular so its affects wasn't noticeable. Or, perhaps it did trigger the ulnar nerve, but only the 'fourth finger' part of it? Nah, my bet is on the median nerve pathway.]

Anyway, I can tell that this particular lumbar vertebra is probably responsible for this long-standing sporadic left testicular pain and left leg tingling.

Okay, so I laying down, rough night (waking every 2 hours), usually indicative of my back being loose (I think it was loosened by earlier wide-strided walking), and I proceeded to lay on my right side (The side that historically caused nocturnal panic attacks when my 'back was messed up'), and the entire left side of my body went immediately completely numb. Like, the muscles that give form to the body went completely flaccid.

Hmmm... I think I'm starting to understand why the body might've been having nocturnal panic attacks on that side, lol.

Anyway, I immediately gave up that position and sensation was immediately restored, though I swear I feel some residual tingling.

I didn't rule out stroke, and this new mild pain in the top of my right forehead has me mildly concerned. I don't historically get 'headaches', so this could be significant, but I think this particular mild head pain maps to the right trapezius muscle, which experiences pain along with my right shoulder when my neck is acting up.

And stroke isn't a 'farout' possibility, but does seem unlikely given that it had a definite physical trigger.

I further investigated, and it appears the temporal artery near the right temple appears to be the probable source of this headache pain. I'm not sure if pain is being pushed 'down the line' (The temporal branches off from the carotid, which goes behind/under the ear.), or it's of muscular origin. The soreness around the carotid/ear appears to be muscular, so muscular doesn't seem unlikely.

But, to be safe, I'll vigorously enforce that "no working past 9" rule. Going to bed with worktime stresses not far behind isn't ideal.

Okay, I've stopped reading Yahoo articles and researching disorders via google. I'm feeling a bit calmer, now.

It seems like the number of especially silly 'mistakes' I've made today seem abnormally high. I would like to think it's because I didn't get enough quality sleep or some such, or I'm just a weebit anxious over last night when the mistakes were made. There's like two cervical disorders known to trigger sudden numbness, which seems exceedingly likely in my case since it seemed like the numbness was /probably/ following the C5/C6/C7 nerve path. As to the numbness in the left inner leg... I don't know, I'm guessing a lumbar nerve was being compresssed, but kind of weird that both the cervical nerves and lumbar nerve was being compressed simultaneously, when the lumbar nerve has never been triggered before like that (Although, it did seem like the left leg was getting weak while bending down earlier today); the feeling of the muscles just 'giving away' and the skin sinking in is a very distinctive one - if you're like me, you might think it's a bit freaky. But, the headache on the right side was an unusual one. A kind of 'sickly one' I don't remember ever feeling before. And it seemed to be morphing into a migraine, like one where the entire right lobe just starts have these fluctuating waves or clouds of semi-sore pain, a very distinctive feeling I don't ever remember feeling before but it's very possible I just don't remember. It's very possible it was an 'anxiety' headache of some such.

Greeting my neighbor seemed like it spiked my anxiety, and my right eye felt like it dimmed for a second, lol.

Anyway, yeah, I'm a little paranoid about this right ear-ache now. I assumed it was cervical before, and I still kind of do, since tilting the head to the slight left reliably causes its disappearance. And sitting in my chair seems to instantly commence left body tingling at times, so I'm assuming it's cervical in nature.

And... I've thoroughly flossed my teeth (Upper right molar recessed gum gunk seems connected to right facial pain along the right temple area and right jaw line, historically.) and brushed my teeth using a 'real' toothpaste. I've been using this 'nature' cinnamon stuff over the last 2 weeks, and it's of dubious effectiveness, in my opinion.

I have two theories, now.

One: Either laying on my right side triggered some kind of multiple pinched nerve episode (Or perhaps transmitted some left sided event down the spinal cord; Coincidentally, the left side of my spine normally feels somewhat irritated, and it seems like nerve events travel down the spinal cord; I do remember seeing a distinct nerve path as I was falling asleep from the base of my neck, down my left arm, down the spinal cord, branched off somewhere around T8/T9/T10 along the left rib (One of the bottom ribs) which then terminated into a point on the rib that normally feels sore to the touch; continued on down the spine into the sciatic nerve(?) that went into the left inner leg. It was a distinctly visualized path as I was falling asleep, it seemed like T8/T9/T10 was the focal point, and commenced light left sided tingling as I was falling asleep.).

Btw, I was able to recreate significant left arm numbness/weakness by curving my spine right, as if I was laying on my right side in bed.

Two: Laying on my right side triggered some touchy point on the back (Laying on right side is known to trigger nocturnal panic attacks) which triggered an adrenaline cascade at the worst possible time (first 2 hours of sleep.), which then caused significant vasoconstriction which then immediately caused temporary ischemia at an assumed narrow point somewhere along the vascular path to the right lobe.

There's evidence for the 2nd hypothesis. It seems like left sided tingling becomes noticeable during times of stress. (But, I don't remember having Bell's palsy and it didn't feel like my face was affected at all - I would think I would've noticed that since I imagine that would be pretty freaking freaky, just like temporary the loss of muscle function in the left arm and left leg was really noticeable). Which, for some reason, seems to be when I'm shipping out and drawing faces in the last week. I don't ever remember getting that sweating stressed feeling a month ago or before then when doing those tasks. I didn't really think much of this left sided tingling, because there were plenty of people online who were like "I've been living with this for decades, doctors can't figure it out.", and then there were other people who definitely found it had cervical causes (Diagnosed by MRI), so it seemed rather benign to me. Absolutely no one was like "I had a stroke! Watch out guys." as far I remember; and I definitely would've remembered that, lol. But then again... well, some people did mention left sided numbness.

Hmmm... I started looking at my right temple a little closer because it was feeling sore, and I thought I noticed what looked like an emerging bruise pattern. Pressing on what seemed to be the center of this bruise by the looks of it, definitely produced the highest level of soreness I could palpate in the area. It kind of looks like a blood clot. I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about? I think I've seen this before, at least 3 months ago, it's just that a TIA-esque event and well localized migraine didn't precede it's noticing.

UPDATE: 2:18 a.m., 8/31/2016

Nocturnal panic attacks are the worst. They tend to happen in the dead of the night, so you're all alone suffering in cruel silence, and at the same time, you know they are absolutely harmless (Or, at least all the past ones seemed to be; I know, no guarantees of the future, lol.). I was hoping that my PT would be able to help me to curtail what seems to probably be pinched nerve episodes; anyway, today's the first day of their help and I just had a nocturnal panic attack while laying on my back. Oh no, that's the position that's supposed to be safe from nocturnal panic attacks! lol I'll continue their exercises for at least a couple more days. I was (hoping) that whatever's causing the 'waking up' pinched nerves is a reversible/correctable process and they could help me correct it. It very well could be an irreversible/progressive process of some kind, but I'm just hoping that's not the case and am acting like it's not. Anyway, I can't solely blame the PT for the unusual nocturnal panic attack. I was driving earlier today (Known trigger), granted, to and from PT (Ahuh). I was freaking out about a temporal soreness/blemish right before bed; and, my year long income source just cut in half by what seems to be lawyers today (Though, who knows, maybe one of my competitors has a vendetta; seems like a more reasonable assumption given how the timing seems 'too perfect', though their methods are pretty sophisticated though not 'impossible' to pull-off.). All of which very well could explain the unusual nocturnal panic attack, other than the PT itself. It's just the PT is the most obvious trigger, since it's obviously directly affecting my back/neck, so it seems like it'd have the most potential to make nocturnal events like these 'worse'/'better', assuming that's what's ultimately triggering these attacks. The mid-back trigger seems to definitely cause a small dump in adrenaline when triggered (I've noticed the acceleration in heart rate a few times following it being bugged), which I'm guessing can lead to these nocturnal panic attacks when occuring in the first couple hours of sleep, when it's most likely to occur.

Found out that the top of my jaw along the right 'arch' is sore, not the temporal artery itself, lol.

BUT... in the immediate aftermath of the 'left leg left arm' going completely flaccid, a recurrent pain kept pulsing at the top of my right forehead which is definitely where the temporal artery goes. It's not painful now, and it hasn't been painful since that particular following morning when what seemed to be a right migraine started. Anyway, I was bending down to chop some garlic and when I stood up, I noticed a noticeable weakness in the left half of my body extending from the base of my neck (Not affecting the face). I was probing around C7/T1/T2 (Since having the PT therapy meeting, I've discovered where C7 is.), and it seemed that T1 was unusually recessed between C7/T2. I'm not sure exactly which one was "out of place" (C7? T1?) but definitely one of the two. It seems to be more recessed the more upright the neck is. This almost seems to imply the neck (C1-C7) is pivoting around T1 as it pleases, which I'm not sure is normal. I would expect bending between the vertebra, but the angle at C7/T1 seems far above what I'd expect (The range of angles seems pretty wide), and could explain what I'm guessing is possibly left spinal cord compression at that particular point. 'Weakened ligaments' between C7 and T1 seems like it'd explain this phenomena, and why I've been getting burning sensations there, weakening and flacidity in the lower left and all the other crazy stuff that's been happening since the decompression neck strain. My lord, I thought a C5/C6 nerve impingement was bad enough, lol, the new kinds of impingements that decompression device probably introduced makes that seem like a cakewalk.

Anyway, the neck strain seems like it's been getting 'generally better' (Doesn't seem to be touching off as early in the day or as severe as it used to). Just this flacidity and leftside weakening is kind of alarming.

EDIT: Just ate a peanut butter, honey and cocoa concoction. It tasted OK except for the "something feels very wrong" feeling that followed 5-10 minutes after. Not sure what it was. Could've been bending aggravating the neck/back; could've been heartburn; could've been the heart acting up; could've been hemorrhaging(doubtful); It just felt really wrong. All I could tell is the upperback felt aggravated around T1/T2/T3 and the top of the neck, and the midpoint felt irritated, and inbetween generally felt sore; The last time that pain pattern happened, it was in the morning time about 10-20 seconds after waking, and there was a burning pain radiating from my upper left rib upto my left jaw, and I suspected the heart because of the matching spinal nerve mappings but blamed pinched nerves (Seems like pinched nerves typically happen after getting up from the bed). Anyway, ate some spinach on the assumption of heartburn (Started feeling burning sensations somewhere near the top of my abdomen), and it started calming down. I never would've thought that heartburn/acid reflux would trigger a feeling like that. And, it doesn't really rule out the heart, since spinach is nature's nitroglycerin.

And, the base of my neck is starting to feel that burning pain. It's now entered the "irritated part of the day", oh joy. I'll try to calm myself down, this left facial burning sensation (It's really slight) has been linked to anxiety.

I'm telling myself to 'snap out of it", lol.

I wonder if there's a way to 'compress' spinach? Maybe not into a pill (Though, that'd be pretty cool to compress the nitrates into a pill), but possibly a ready to drink drink, for quick absorption of nitrates and quick cooling of heartburn.

Oh, interesting. You can dry spinach and turn it into a powder. By extension, it could be turned into a drink. I wonder if powdered vitamin C exists? Would help with digesting the spinach's nutrients (Seems drying fruits/vegetables kills the vitamin C).

Yep, yep, it all seems possible. I think I'll try it out.

Yeah, see, now 20 minutes later, I have no pain at T2/T3/Upperback and at the top of the neck and everything feels fine (There's some irritation at T1/C7). I'm now sitting in my chair, which is pushing on my midback (Seems like it alleviates it when 'acting sore'). It's very possible the act of bending down caused the midback to act up which triggered that cascade. "Tilting back my head" in PT fashion did nothing to stop its progression, indicating that the neck wasn't 'too far forward' or some such. Or, if the forward neck triggered something, it wasn't stoppable whatever it was. The most obvious trigger was the food itself given the timing(5 mins after consumption): peanut butter/honey/cocoa - I would think that'd be highly acid reflux promoting. Maybe I should try molasses next time. Or maybe I should just stay away from peanut butter. It is primarily linoleic acid, which is known to promote inflammation and ischemic events, especially when consumed in excess.

Well, interesting.

arteries-of-head-and-neck-right-aspect.jpg

It appears that the vertebral arteries go right through the vertebra, and supplies the occupital lobe. It is easy to see how neck-strain/whip-lash could damage these arteries.

http://www.vertebralarterydissection.com/about/about.htm

Patients with dissection of the arteries in the neck may present with any combination of craniocervical pain (in 50-80% of cases), cerebral ischaemia, cranial nerve palsy, Horner's syndrome, and pulsatile tinnitus. Pain often precedes neurological features, usually by hours or days but occasionally by weeks. The pain has been described as stabbing, pulsating, aching, "thunderclap," sharp, or "unusual." It is usually localised to the neck, head, eye, or face, with some tendency for the pain of carotid artery dissection to localise anteriorly and that of the vertebral artery to localise posteriorly.

Localized to the neck. Check.

Head. Check.

Eye. Check.

Face (chin and left jaw). Check.

Ischaemic neurological features occur in 30-80% of all dissections and may present as transient attacks (often stereotyped) or completed stroke, which develops in as many as 20% of cases. Strokes are most likely to occur within 24 hours of the onset of symptoms, with almost all occurring within 10 days. Early suspicion and establishment of the diagnosis is therefore crucial for preventing stroke.

Suspected transient attacks? Check.

Well, it looks like I'm dealing with something kind of serious here.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/06/symptoms-of-torn-artery-are-easy-to-miss/

Ms. Satrom was immediately given an injection of Lovenox, an anticoagulant that she must continue to inject twice a day until the baby is born, sometime in March. Then a second scan will be done to see if the artery has healed.

Now six weeks later, Ms. Satrom has religiously followed her doctor’s orders to “do nothing that involves turning my head — no swimming, no driving,” and has remained symptom-free.

Damn it. I knew it! Turning my head, as my PT exercises suggest doing, only seems to be aggravating my neck pain (Which is now burning; it also caused sharp pain in both left and right ears when doing the 'turn head left, turn head right' exercises.). And this neck pain is definitely associated with 'neurological features'. And, I knew that driving was definitely a trigger.

What can I expect if this fully materializes? That is, a stroke in the vertebral->basilar artery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertebral_artery_dissection#Signs_and_symptoms

The vertebral artery supplies the part of the brain that lies in the posterior fossa of the skull, and this type of stroke is therefore called a posterior circulation infarct. Problems may include difficulty speaking or swallowing (lateral medullary syndrome); this occurs in less than a fifth of cases and occurs due to dysfunction of the brainstem. Others may experience unsteadiness or lack of coordination due to involvement of the cerebellum, and still others may develop visual loss (on one side of the visual field) due to involvement of the visual cortex in the occipital lobe.[1] In the event of involvement of the sympathetic tracts in the brainstem, a partial Horner's syndrome may develop; this is the combination of a drooping eyelid, constricted pupil, and an apparently sunken eye on one side of the face.[1]

Great, being reduced to a retard. Why am I using such abusive offensive language to my possible future self? :lol:

Well, I know what the prescription is. Pump up that aspirin and keep that neck still!

And, I so didn't need to read wikipedia's mention that '2%' of people with this issue die.

On a more positive note, it does seem like my posture directly induces tiny feelings of weakness in my legs. Since taking the aspirin, it doesn't seem like I can induce that feeling of numbness/weakness in my left hand/forearm anymore. Then again, maybe the PT neck exercises has something to do with it (? Seems kind of doubtful, but possible.).

It's kind of uncanny pushing back the neck and the right side of my face/head suddenly feels like it became slightly more energized (probably blood). And, I remember one time shortly after the trauma being able to induce dizziness by pushing the head back (I quickly corrected it because I could not walk around like that with the room vibrating left and right so much.). I thought I was compressing a nerve or something; hah, I was probably compressing the vertebral artery! Man, it's turning out this IIIISSSS so much worse than I originally expected, lol. As they say, c'est la vie.

I wonder if clots can be thrown by vertebral artery compression instead of vertebral artery dissection? It doesn't seem impossible, especially if the compression introduces turbulence, which I imagine it could. And, now I'm wondering about that "laying on my right side caused left side muscle loss"; it's very possible that the awkward angle of my neck sleeping without my pillow on my right side immediately compressed the right vertebral artery, leading to immediate ischemia. That doesn't actually seem unrealistic.

On a positive note, it doesn't seem like the vertebral artery feeds through the T1/C7 junction where most of the irritation seems to be. It feeds at the top of C7, which if C7 was affected(probably), then it could potentially affect the arteries passing through the top of C7 (And, it seems like I have evidence it probably does).

Very interesting. So, I was laying down in bed and that familiar left sided tingling/sensation took place; apparently the cervical pillow I bought did nothing to alleviate it (It actually made it slightly worse). Anyway, I palpated C7 and then I moved 'up' and started feeling around the right side of C6 which is where the above diagram indicates where the vertebral artery roughly is located. Sure enough, 'it' felt pretty irritated and when I started compressing the source of the irritation, I felt the pain in the right side of my head increase and the buzzing/numbness sensation on the entire left side of the body became pretty darn noticeable; I was also getting a bit 'anxious'/'tense' as this happened, presumably because the right lobe was being deprived of its blood flow. I don't really know what's going on, exactly, with the vertebral artery at that particular junction, but it definitely seems like something is going on there.

UPDATE: So laying in bed, no obvious issues. Then I turn my head right, and immediately the left side starts to feel like it's crystallizing. Whoops, immediately corrected that; it appears the face down therapy position was effective in heading it off.

Laying down and turning my head right and sleeping on my right side seems to be definite triggers. While standing, turning my head right also seems to trigger pins and needles on the entire left.

It is weird, however, that this would cause hemiparesis. Vertebroarterial strokes, according to wikipedia, don't seem to involve unilateral numbness. Ischemia of the basilar artery, being near the cingulate cortex (motor neurons), could explain it. Which is... kind of concerning, since strokes of the basilar artery are some of the worst. 85% mortality rate and vital functions are affected, being that it precedes the entire spinal cord. Survivors tend to have 'locked-in' syndrome, retaining consciousness and being able to move just the eyes.

Judging from diagrams like these, however, I'm not entirely sure how the right side would be individually affected. Well, unless parts of the upper right vertebral artery supply nutrients to parts of the right brainstem. Even then, still not quite sure.

prn85726DS.jpg

I suppose it's possible the right carotid artery is affected somehow. I notice that the inner right bottom of my jaw, underneath (Where the carotid passes through), flares up a for a second sometimes. Palpating, there definitely muscle soreness in the trapezius which surrounds the right carotid, but I can't tell if the artery itself is sore. Doesn't seem like it? But, then again, it appears /sorest/ in areas closest to the artery, so maybe.

I'm not exactly sure how turning my head right or laying on my right side would affect the right carotid. Since it's not tethered to the spine, it doesn't seem like it should. Unless the heart is being affected when turning the neck right. Perhaps a reduction in cardiac output. I'm not sure exactly how the right would be affected and not the left if there was a reduction in cardiac output, since the aortic trunk supplies both right and left. So, that theory seems implausible.

UPDATE: Since coming to understand this might've been an arterial blocking phenomena, and learning the rules (Turning head right, rotating head right, looking down -> Pins and needles on the left side, possible ischemia), I noticed I was able to do the entire shipping process without sweating or 'feeling stressed' at all. Nice! (Shipping involves a lot of turning right) On the other side, I think I have a right sided headache coming on. I'm not entirely sure if it's because of stress, muscles or vascular reasons. Seems like it's centered around the top of the jaw along the 'arch', so it's probably stress/muscles/jaw.

And all those people who said I have some kind of mental illness... psshhh... until you frocking go through what I've been going through, I don't want to hear about it! When you start experiencing ischemic neurological features and then finally a TIA stroke, you can get back to me.

Woohoo! Someone has a truck/suv they're looking to trade me. Sweet!

The point of this vehicle is to be a tow vehicle for my future RV. It can also fit a twin bed, should I need a place to crash for the night. And, it has the receiver on it, so that makes it convenient for me! When I actually get down there, I'm going to try to figure out some other form of transport in the area, but I'll use this vehicle in the meantime. Considering the area doesn't snow, motorcycles are quite possible to use year-round. (Though, I'm a little afraid of riding motorcycles, lol, so I will definitely be aiming for a car. And it does rain about 1/3rds of the year; That should be easy to work around, however, especially since gulf coast rainfall tends to be predictable.)

Anyway, kind of excited.

In the meantime, I need to figure out new revenue sources. I need discretionary income to be able to save up to acquire assets, like houses and the such.

Anyway, I guess it's nice my current income sources should be enough to cover current expenses. Gives me a 'safe' starting point to build up from.

And, this recurrent pain in my top right forehead keeps having me concerned, lol. I think I figured out that hemisperic strokes are related to the carotid arteries. If I'm having hemispheric strokes, though, I'm not sure what would be wrong with my carotids. I'd venture to say there's probably something happening with my heart, but I don't understand how the right carotid would be so favored over the left for clots; so I'm opting to guess it's probably my spine, really. That theory is bolstered by this relatively painful/tingling left-sided pain from head to toe that was apparently resolved by tilting my spine to the right; after the left-sided pain/tingling subsided, significant sharp pain was streaking through T2 for about 5 minutes. Kind of gave me the clue that something in that region was causing this left-sided tingling/pain. And, by extension, something in that region probably caused the entire left half of my body's muscles below my neck to just 'give away'. But, still, the sickly migraine in the right lobe that followed the morning of that hemispheric episode, has me a bit concerned it was actually a TIA stroke. But, a TIA stroke in the carotid arteries sounds hard to believe at my age. The carotids are frocking huge! lol. (Well, okay, I see that it thins quite a bit after bifurcating right below the lower corner of the jaw. Coincidentally, I do remember a fleeting sore pain right under the lower corner of my right jaw at least several times, which I've long suspected is connected to the carotid. I wonder if it might signify any obstructions at that particular junction?)

Coincidentally...

http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-CarotidStenosis.htm

The most common location of atherosclerotic plaque buildup is the carotid bifurcation (Fig. 1), where the common carotid divides into the internal and external carotid arteries.

This almost seems like it might actually be the case. But at 29? Holy crap. :-O

I thought that was something that happened to grannies, lol.
Most people with carotid stenosis have no symptoms until the artery becomes severely narrowed or a clot forms. Symptoms are most likely to first appear with a mini-stroke, also known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA). TIAs result when blood flow to the brain is temporarily interrupted and then restored. The symptoms typically last a couple of minutes and then resolve completely, and the person returns to normal. TIAs should not be ignored; they are a warning that an ischemic stroke and permanent brain injury may be looming. Symptoms of a TIA or an ischemic stroke can include weakness or numbness in an arm or leg, difficulty speaking, a drooping face, vision problems, or paralysis affecting one side of the body.

Paralysis affecting one side of the body. Hmmm, sounds about right.

People who have heart disease have an increased risk of developing carotid stenosis. Typically, the carotid arteries become diseased a few years later than the coronary arteries.

Damn, you're telling me my coronary arteries were getting diseased at 25? Now that explains a lot. Seems like one of those "That seems impossible" kind of diagnoses, but it makes a whole lot of sense in retrospect. My blood pressure was often running at 134-144 in my early twenties due to GREAT RECESSION unemployment, now it's trending between 110-120, so that indicates there was quite a bit of cortisol running in my system in my early 20s, which could easily explain early arthersclerotic developments. That could explain why I always seemed to be unusually tired compared to same-aged peers in class. I speculate the same mechanism explains why a lot of people tend to die 5-10 years after they retire; the sense of despondency that comes with retirement for some (Effectively unemployment, in effect) creates chronically elevated cortisol levels, which accelerates the arthersclerotic processes and often finishes in 5-10 years. It's not completely unbelievable the same process could affect 20 years olds (Unemployment produces chronically elevated cortisol much the same), and that would explain the large uptick in heart disease among young people over the last decade. I've long speculated that as a possibility, but now I think I'm starting to experience it first hand. This is one of those times where I hoped my theories were completely false, lol.

While 'throwing my head' forward earlier today, this HUGE 'thump' happened in my midsection which I felt push through my midback. That was a bit unusual! Coincidentally, that's where my heart is located so no doubt that's what was going "THUMP" through my back! Anyway, I was curious what would happen if I did that, because I noticed the pulling sensation near the top of my neck connecting to my skull felt unusually good when doing these EXTENSOR PT neck exercises, so I was speculating there was some kind of 'injury' going on there, and I thought by throwing my head forward, I'd better able get to 'know' my suspected upper neck injury. Sure enough, the BIG THUMP in my back let me know! My upper neck is controlling my heart, and god help me if there's some kind of serious injury there, lol. Might explain all these seemingly anomalous 'heart' pains I've been having. (Definitely had one this morning, though I'm not entirely sure how significant it was. Obviously didn't kill me or leave me permanently excessively fatigued like something more serious would've.)

I speculate that the location of the thump is where I notice that isolated T8/T9/T10 pain during suspected cardiac episodes, that often coincides which noticeable T1/T2/T3 irritation and upper neck soreness. I might speculate that, actually, irritation of C1/C2/C3 is what might be causing these suspect cardiac episodes. Would explain why they seem to happen in the morning after getting up from bed or while in be (Neck gets irritated by sleeping in my bed).

11:43 a.m., Anyway, all hypothetical. Anyway, I'm looking at the external carotid diagrams, and it does appear I can palpate soreness along the areas of the skin 'close enough' to the external carotid all the way down to the b. I always thought I had partial dislocation of the jaw during football last year and I thought that's why I always seemed to have soreness near the upper right jaw area, but on closer examination of this 'external carotid' diagram, it appears the soreness is most palpable where the carotid is closest to the skin (where it's most accessible), so it seems there's a good chance I'm actually feeling the external carotid itself and not the jaw right next to it (That does answer why some parts of the jaw are sore but not nearby parts of the jaw). The unusual 'migraine' I had the morning following the suspect TIA, the soreness along my right mandible arch started spreading to my right eye yesterday night (Soreness in my right eye), I googled and apparently that's a common symptom of migraine. Well, isn't that unusual! I never get headaches and all of a sudden, I'm getting a persisting well located migraine, lol, that now just happens to appear like it's following the external carotid near the mandible arch and behind the right eye. This soreness, assuming it's not trapezius muscular soreness, seem to following the external carotid all the way down to the carotid bifurcation point down to the aortic arch. It seems, however, that the areas in the lower-mid neck where this soreness exists is definitely muscular, as it extends with the trapezius muscle group around to the back of the neck, which would be unusual if the soreness was of vascular origin. And this trapezius muscle soreness definitely correlates with right shoulder muscle soreness when I've been sitting at the computer too long. So, I'm only really suspecting the external carotid at this point. The internal carotid doesn't seem to be accessible enough or 'obvious enough' to indicate anything of noticeable concern.

PE-CarotidStenosis1.jpg

And, look at that temporal artery go right to the top of the right forehead, the part that was hurting immediately after the event. I think I've found my suspect. Suspected ischemia in the right external carotid artery. Now, the question is: Could ischemia in the right external carotid artery cause left sided paralysis/functional muscle loss?

Articles like these, http://stroke.ahajournals.org/content/12/5/627.full.pdf, seem to suggest that internal carotid ischemia is necessary for left sided paralysis. Such an event, I'm guessing, could refer pain along the external carotid->temporal artery. The timing seems rather remarkable and, in my opinion, kind of unbelievable, but the evidence seems kind of compelling. There may be significant contributing factors I'm currently unaware of, though I might suspect some.

EDIT:

Found out this sore pain traced back to a tendon that attached to the first two ribs. Those two ribs are sore, because T1/T2 is irritated. I checked the left side and sure enough, there's a sore tendon on that side, just not nearly as noticeable as on the right side. So, I don't think I'm really detecting soreness at the right external carotid artery, lol.

Still doesn't seem like I can explain what happened that particular night. Seems like it most likely was spinal/cervical in origin, but I can't seem to find any information online that would explain that particular phenomena. My evidence for TIA/Stroke seems tenuous, as the flaccid muscles lasted for less than a couple of seconds as I rolled back over. It had clear physical cause/effect.

Anyway, this /weighty/ feeling in my upper left abdomen sometimes seems a little weird. Felt extremely sleepy after eating lunch, so I napped (For 2.5 hours apparently), and I woke up feeling a weighty feeling in that area (I also had a 'cold sweat' sensation of some sort that lasted for a second that coincided with this sensation waving over my left shoulder. ). My fear is 'heart' since this sudden sleepiness preceded it which seemed triggered by lunch which did not include spinach like it normally does (Food has been triggering a lot of 'weird' things, lately. Like, this feeling of alarm that preceded an increasingly intense burning sensation in my upper left abdomen 5 minutes later.), but I know the stomach is located exactly where that weighty feeling is, so I'm assuming gastritis or acid reflux. Sure enough, I did burp not too long after that feeling and the weighty feeling is now mostly gone. Spinach most likely would've prevented that feeling, given it's a strong base. I wonder if it would've deterred the sleepiness?

90 standing heart rate is now down to 78. That would indicate I now have enough sleep, lol.

It's interesting how weak my pulse feels compared to my parents. I might suspect "hypoglycemia" but carb intake doesn't seem to affect it, at least not recently. But, then again, I do eat lower GI foods than my parents, by virtue of my not eating processed foods. One side of me suspects that this indicates a weakened heart, which might predispose me to strokes. (Less bloodflow -> more likely for clots to form.)

But, my blood pressure and pulse seem absolutely perfect. I might think then, perhaps blood pressure and pulse doesn't tell the /whole story/. It certainly doesn't seem to offer insight into blood-flow rates, whereas the Ejection Fraction offers more insight into that.

Guys with a similar issue, 20s-50s:
http://www.topix.com/forum/med/gastroenterology/T7PNO3QH5G36NUAIT

It's so weird. I don't understand what happened, lol.

It's easy to recreate the phenomena of that one particular night, laying on my right side without a pillow. All I have to do is tilt my head right; the numbness on the left side of the body just slowly starts increasing.

If I tilt head to the left, the first four fingers of my hand start getting that 'burning pain'(It slowly builds up).

If I lean forward, it seems to trigger my heart. I'm not sure exactly how the heart is being affected, but the affect is noticeable. Throwing it forward definitely caused a huge palpitation through my back; leaning it forward seems to cause some kind of slightly agitated pounding.)

I don't know what exactly is being compressed (The spinal cord? An artery?), but I highly suspect the cord is being compressed, especially since I can feel some barely detectable pressure at the base of my neck when tilting my head right. I'm guessing when I laid on my right side that one particular night, the change in angle was too much, too quickly, which caused immediate left sided paralysis below the neck.

I suppose perhaps there's some more convoluted pathway involved. Titling the head right could be causing cortisol release, which causes vasoconstriction, which could be causing ischemia in the right carotid where significant carotid stenosis is present. But, occam's razor. And, 'tilting head right causes compression of left side of spinal cord, inducing left side numbness; tilting it too far right induces paralysis.' sounds pretty simple and so easy to believe.

But, it is weird how the top right of my forehead start paining immediately afterwards (Where the temporal artery appears to be), and the sickly slight right-sided migraine the morning following. I might attribute that to 'anxiety', but I've experienced anxiety forever and I've never experienced that. Never have headaches (Other than 'not enough sleep' ones on rare occasion) and have never experienced migraines. A possibility is that tilting the head to the right is compressing the right carotid artery, but that seems ludicrous. And the persisting right sided migraine like features seem kind of weird (Such as today, increasing right temple pain coinciding with a feeling like things are SLOWING DOWN.). I'm telling myself it's anxiety about my right forehead causing everything in the past two days, because I noticed the right-sided pressure was gone when I stopped focusing on it, and my head just generally feels some pressure overall. However, somethings are undeniably migraine-like, because I ask about the new sensation which I never before would've been able to guess existed since I've never experienced it nor have read up on migraines, and I'm finding out it's a migraine. And, my right temple does feel undeniably more sensitive than normal.

Anyway, apparently compression of a spinal artery usually involves a LOT of pain, so my bet is that it's compressing the spinal cord or some similar structure. It's just that information on this is sparse because you type in "paralysis left side" or some such, and you immediately get STROKE. STROKE. STROKE. lol

EDIT: I think I've found it. Cervical Myelopathy by way of injury. Loosened ligaments at C7-T1 allow migration of the base of neck during various neck manuevers, which leads to compression of the spinal cord in certain directions. The 'symptom profile' for cervical myelopathy seems about right, granted, my symptoms are their 'in more extreme cases' category, lol.

http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/neck-pain/cervical-spondylosis-and-cervical-myelopathy-symptoms

And here's the hint:

the doctor may notice increased resting tone of the arms and legs

Except in my case (Since the compression is presumably more severe than the 'average' myelopathic case.), sudden loss of muscle function and maximum 'resting tone'. lol

Well, I went and found on YouTube the scene from 'Joe vs. the Volcano' where Robert Stack tells Tom hanks he has a 'Brain Cloud, but other than that he's a hypochondriac. Dang sound is bad. Well, there's another where he finds out about his 'Brain cloud.' AFTER he got up and at least did something with his life. And felt better for it. Listen close.

[youtube]vqCGgT5ByJ8[/youtube]

Okay, today, I made the trade. I now have a well functioning cargo vehicle designed for sleeping accomodation, belongings transport and RV/Debris hauling [Not 'outsourcing' those functions saves me a ton of money and general frustration with the logistics involved.]. Also works well in general for transporting of materials (So, if ever I should be buying a ton of bricks/whatever for the building of a house/structure, I have the ability to haul it.). I don't intend on it being a 'daily driver' in the long-term, but it'll serve that function partially in that role in the short-term.

This vehicle was designed for off-road driving, so the suspension is SUPERB for on-road driving. Just what I need, lol. While my last car was getting 6x the MPG going to this place than the cargo vehicle, at least my neck wasn't in freaking agony coming back with the cargo vehicle, lol. [Btw, methinks that's going to be important for a 2000 mile trip.]

Anyway, I need to sand the hood and paint it black.

[youtube]_AUkeCTFXj8[/youtube]

Anyway, I was having difficult sleeping yesterday. Around 4 a.m., about 1hour after I usually fall asleep, it felt like burning fire started suddenly spewing out the bottom of my lips, so I suddenly turned out and felt the back of my neck, and C7/T1/T2 didn't just feel like it was irritated, it felt like it was ON FIRE! At the same time, I noticed my heart rate suddenly go up from 60 BPM to 100 BPM and while I don't remember having chest pains, the heart definitely felt like it was 'menacingly beating (More accurately, the beating felt 'subdued and menaced'; it didn't feel like "normal calm beating" by any means. It wasn't something that I had to cue into; it was making itself really obvious something about the way my heart was beating changed.

Anyway, I remember the fireman once asking me, "Does it feel like the bottom of your lips are tingling?". While I couldn't say yes at the time, I felt like I could say, "No, they feel like they are on fire!" this time.

Anyway, I noticed my 'exercise stress test' performance seems like it has changed since yesterday. It seems like my heart was beating at a pretty high rate for just 4 flights of stairs, and doing it today, I noticed sweating started past the second flight. While sweating seems to correlate with neck/upper-back irritation, and it's definitely been irritated by all the driving today, it seems kind of unusual compared to the past. But, despite my standing heart rate being 'normal' this morning, it definitely doesn't seem like I got enough 'good sleep' yesterday, so not enough 'good sleep' could account for the sweating. This sweating, btw, isn't your normal "I worked hard, and drops of sweats started streaming', it's like a 'sweating sensation' without the actual sweat. It's not normal sweat, in other words.

EDIT: Wow, I thought I was thinking everything wasn't really bad, and I was actually recently thought I must be misinterpeted/exagerrated what is really spine/cervical nerve phenomena and gastritis but...

I definitely have beginning fluid retention in my left foot. Classic sign of heart failure.

Wow. I really thought it wasn't really /that/ bad, and it was my ignorance of what was really going on. But, this classic sign leaves no doubts, now. Wow, was my ECG evidence a month ago and my intuition really accurate all along? The doctors who told me after all the official tests, that there's nothing wrong and there couldn't be because of my age?

EDIT: Nevermind. Looked up this 'fluid retention in one foot' and one source cited likely injury. I didn't think I had an injury in that foot (don't remember one), but sure enough, I started walking around and my left foot kind of hurt, lol. Well, apparently heart failure fluid retention can be painful, so I need to localize the pain. It appears the pain is coming from a sore tendon that happens be right by the slight fluid retention. That would imply I somehow stressed the tendon, probably today. I was driving for two hours today, which is not an ordinary thing for me. And, the left foot was being used for the clutch in the manual. And, that clutch is kind of high, stiff and uncomfortable in the Honda. Okay, nevermind, I'm probably misinterpreting/overexaggerating symptoms, lol.

UPDATE: morning of 9/4/2016, 10:26 a.m.; Went to bed at 1:30 (not really feeling sleepy), expecting to sleep 7-8 hours in total, and wake up totally refreshed and well on my way of getting rid of this 'sleep debt' that's really apparent in the tiredness I can feel in my eyes (And the bags I can see). I find myself still awake at 4:00, just feeling more even more abnormally tired around my eyes. I then wake up at 7:59 to the sound of sprinklers. Normally this wouldn't be too alarming, but for the amount of 'sleep debt' I felt in my eyes, I would've expected to sleep well until 2 p.m. or some such and I timed my meals/snacks so nighttime hypoglycemia shouldn't be causing insomnia. Could feel palpable pain extending all along my left upper ribs and upper back, but not the right. I wasn't really too concerned, because I knew I would fall asleep in another 2 hours if something 'woke me up'. But, oddly, a few minutes later, I started having lower back pain near my tailbone (Never have pain in that area) and then detectable pain started radiating down the left arm tricep, left side of the forearm and into the left pinky and fourth finger. I've done enough reading to know by now to know this there's a good chance this is cardiac, so I took some aspirin and spinach and laid it off. Tried getting back to sleep, couldn't really, then I woke up and felt out temporarily out of it climbing the stairs, and doing the spirometer was a bit unusual. On the second deep breath in, it felt like something stopped my breath for a couple of seconds. (Even during past periods of anxiety, that's never happened)

I just want to get some sleep and I want to believe nothing's really wrong. If I was 'depressed', I can tell you, that lack of sleep wouldn't be an issue, lol. And I've been trying to eat so that hypoglycemia shouldn't be an issue. I'm doubling my 'grain' based carb intake, because my weight seems a bit low. 11:28 a.m. blood pressure reading - looks normal, no obvious indication of anxiety/stress/hypoglycemia/etc.

Update: 2:07 P.M. Took a nap at 12:00, felt awake at 1:40. I'm looking at my feet and it seems the left tendon soreness is gone, and it appears the left foot still has some swelling and now my right foot seems like it has started swelling. It could be my imagination - I'm looking at it in daylight, instead of artificial light. But, I don't remember being able to pinch the skin in my right foot yesterday night (While I could my left), and now it seems I can pinch both almost equally.

Anyway, cooking some rice and getting back to sanding.

EDIT: It's now 3:29.

I felt like, walking around, just very weird in general. Felt like I was going to lose consciousness at any moment. Anyway, I realized I was bending forward and looking down much of the time while sanding, and so I kinked my head back and things feel 'back to normal'. Too early to tell of course, but that feeling like you're going to KO at any time is a very discomforting one. Historically, looking forward and down was known to reduce cardiac capacity, so I'm guessing my neck was on the verge of turning off my heart, thus the sensation of an impending KO. Looking online, they don't really mention that as a symptom of heart attack pretty much anywhere, so I'm guessing it's almost purely my neck that's having knock-on affects. I speculate my bed might be setting my neck up for heart risks, given its slight 'u shape', and might've been behind the seemingly mild heart issue earlier today. And, I'm needing to standaradize this foot pinch test; leaning back the foot, it doesn't appear there's pinchable skin tissue on either my left or right foot. (But, it appears there's puffiness on the right foot I definitely don't remember seeing yesterday night. The skin on the right foot looked tight, white and taut yesterday. I'm trying to contort my foot in every possible way, to see if I can see what I saw yesterday, but it doesn't seem I'm able to. I wonder if it's a difference in lighting? Could be.)

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Disease/Chest-Discomfort---constant-feeling-of-passing-out/show/9463

My GP is a good one and she told me she has seen anxiety symptoms, particularly at night, as the first sign of heart problems.

Hmmm... yes. Nocturnal panic attacks with a few shortness of breath episodes lately, yes. And, it appears I'm losing a second of breath while sleeping at times, lately. I want to believe I'm absolutely assuming the worst, and it's really not /that/ bad. I.e., this is really just anxiety causing misconstrued experiences, misinterpreting accurately witnessed experiences, and fabricating evidence to fit its 'worst case scenario' worries. And, it appears I've had plenty to be anxious about today/yesterday. And sleep debt can definitely stoke anxiety. And, assuming the excess tiredness in my eyes when I feel tired is an indicator of 'sleep debt', it appears I have a lot of it. And, it's not like I'm trying to avoid sleeping, I'm trying to embrace it, it just seems like it's beyond reach at times. Sleeping on my right definitely causes a burning sensation down my left forearm/hand (And, recently, down my entire left body, but definitely most noticeable in the arm.), which keeps me up, so I'm stuck on my back. And, it doesn't seem like I sleep as well on my back.

Anyway, this excess tiredness is kind of weird. If I didn't get enough sleep, you think I would normally would be fatigued throughout the day, like sleep apnea; but I feel wide awake. It's just when I do feel tired/sleepy, my eyes feel 'excessively tired'.

UPDATE: 5:07 p.m., 9/4/2016 had an opportunity to check my feet under the original light conditions yesterday. Didn't seem like I could recreate the 'nice, taut' lines in the skin regardless of the position of my right foot that I saw yesterday. It definitely looks like it's been 'smoothed out' by a little bit of fluid or some such that turned white, taut skin into pinkish kind of 'puffy' skin. I was sanding the hood today, so it's possible I might've caused fluid retention by 'using that foot' unlike yesterday, despite no obvious foot injury. But, given what's happened today so far... I'm not placing bets, lol.

Anyways, now that a suspect cardiac condition has become even more suspect, I guess I'll go over a brief history of everything I can remember at the moment, lol.

The first signs of possible issues was when I was 25. I googled "jaw pains", "left shoulder pains" which typically happened as I was using the computer (Must've been stressful using it for long periods as I did.), and cardiac conditions came up. I blew it off, thinking that didn't happen to people my age, and it must've been the way I was sitting, affecting nerves. As it always seemed to occur when I used the computer for long periods of time.

Anyway, 27, now I'm in the nuke program, and I noticed while running around, I could feel a 'weight' where my heart was as I exercised. Didn't think much of it, as I was in the top of my class athletically, so I assumed it was either because I was getting older and this was a "normal change" or because I was extremely fit (Fit people can feel their insides more than people with a bit of blubber is what I assumed). Also experienced various episodes of chest pain in stressful situations, but I assumed it was related to OCD 'panic' or stress or similar (i.e., Nothing serious).

Anyway, the nocturnal panic attacks started this year, back in January. No known history of panic attacks or anything similar during the day (As was being described online), so it was a bit bizarre - I was 29, so I assumed it was benign in origin. They went away in about a month and half after work slowed down a little bit, but they picked back up in September shortly after I started riding my mountain bike, and they were particularly vicious that time around. And, then everything else since then has been documented here.

EDIT: Did a closer look at my right foot. Hmmm, it does seem to be 'white and taut' if angled a certain way and held a certain way. So, it's more than possible that my right foot hasn't changed at all, just the way I've been looking at it has, lol. I took a closer look at the 'dark areas', and it doesn't appear to be particularly distinct from the color/texture on the bottom of the foot, so I can't assume it's anything distinct, lol. So, yep, this could be all anxiety, lol. I'm even beginning to think that the 'feeling like I'm going to collapse' was anxiety. However, the pinky/fourth/finger/lower-back pain this morning wasn't. And, neither was the 'feeling like my breath stopped' at the end of the second inhale. I'm willing to bet that it probably normally happens to many people, just they don't have the same education as I do to recognize it. And, I'm starting to think I might be a little better off if I didn't think anything in particular about it just like them, lol. Anyway, I can tell I got 'enough sleep' today because the varicose veins in my feet aren't particularly prominent.

EDIT: 6:45 p.m.; just ate some corn and I noticed my chest suddenly felt like something in the center became 'lighter' and my posture increased. I then told some complaining girl off, and the weight became lighter and my posture further improved. What kind of phenomena is this? The last time I remember this happening, it was during the first day of a suspected cardiac episode, and my chest was made lighter by eating fish and then made lighter the next morning by drinking cocoa. I want to think it's benign, but considering I've never noticed this phenomena before the first suspected cardiac episode and coming on the heels of what's happened today so far. Makes me go hmmm.... if the first episode was really anxiety/depression causing the gripping chest phenomena (And places online suggest this is a typical anxiety symptom.), than that'd imply this was too. Just the feeling of 'going to collapse' at any moment earlier today was really uncomfortable, even if it was only anxiety.

Okay, well, I think I'm going to eat a big freaking breakfast from now on, lol. I think there might a kernel of wisdom to that saying, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper." If this is all anxiety, I'm hoping that wisdom should help keep it down through the day, lol. Because, if it /is/ just anxiety, I don't want ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT! lol

Anyway, I got my panasonic individual serving rice cooker yesterday and started using it today. (Intendeing on using it seemed to trigger that "Feel like I'm going to collapse" feeling) And, apparently you're not supposed to leave it plugged in because the coil will start smoking after it has turned itself off. What?? I think I got a defective one. Now my room smells of that 'burnt electronics' smell and I'm hoping it will clear out in the next 5 hours; all the windows and doors are open. 45 minutes later, it's noticeably better but lingers still.

EDIT: 9:13 p.m. 9/4/2016

Oedipus. That was his name. For those who don't know who he was, he was famous for fulfilling his fate by purposefully trying to avoid it. The irony was, if he never tried to avoid his fate, he would've never fulfilled it and it would've never happened (I think he ended up killing his father?). Greek tragedy was all about the irony.

I get a very strange feeling that's what's happening in my case. Granted, I was never 'told a fate' like oedipus, but 'the pains' I had experienced back when I was 25 and the subsequent google searches, and then the steps I took to try to avoid what those symptoms 'seemed to portend', possibly ironically ended up ensuring I would fulfill them soon enough. I want to think this is anxiety talking, but I think I'm actually being kind of accurate here. And, what's ironic, is that anxiety itself was probably the main reason, ultimately, behind fulfilling exactly what it was compelled to avoid.

Anyway, I went for some sprints today. I didn't necessarily think that sprints would calm my anxiety. I mean, 'the obvious way' to cure anxiety is to do something fun and sprints aren't exactly fun. They just seem like a good idea, lol. I used to besmirch the 'fun-seekers' some time ago (Not in the past couple of years, I've grown up a little), but I'm starting to see the /exceptional/ wisdom in it, lol. If 'fun'/'fulfillment'/'love'/satisfaction/etc. keeps away the decidedly 'negative' emotions that are, in reality, physically unhealthy, then fun/etc. is almost by definition, healthy.

The sprints. I don't want to assume too much. I could achieve and sustain full sprint no problems, but It seemed like I was getting winded a lot more than I was back in the navy. More specifically, my breathing during recovery between sprints seemed shallower, faster and it took longer to recover. But, granted, I haven't been exactly keeping up my PT (I've been 'active', but I haven't been doing running or intense physical exercise), lol, and my anxiety (looking back in retrospect) was pretty high so I can't assume too much. I kept getting this pulsing pain in the middle of my left wrist afterwards. Seemed like it was the median nerve, seems like it pulsed every 3-5 seconds. My left and right legs seemed to randomly become 'weak'(?) as an electric sensation pulsed through the entire leg, while running. The pulsing sensation seemed to stop after eating.

I was looking at the stars later today, and I noticed satellites traveling from north to south. Intriguing, I thought they usually traveled around the equator, but then I realized you really couldn't get good pictures of the entire world just traveling around the equator; you need to travel from north to south. So, I speculated it could've been a spy satellite, imaging satellite, weather satellite; anything that needed 'direct over' coverage of the entire earth over time. Anyway, I saw two.

I noticed myself calm down quite noticeably after seeing this. I realized that the disturbing events of the morning/night-time seem to wind me up, and then it keeps up throughout the day as I dwell on it and events of the daytime just seem to wind me up in general. If I don't do something calming like watching the stars, I guess I usually end up going to bed with it.

And, that's probably not been helping.

I'm going lights out at 11:30 p.m. from now on. The events this morning were kind of disturbing (Almost all experiences could be interpreted as nerve/anxiety/etc. events in retrospect, but that was unmistakable.), so I'm going to try to get to bed earlier. I'm increasing exercise; try to increase calming/fun activities (Like star watching); Increasing my grain-based caloric intake (Particular emphasis on breakfast); and yes.

And, my room still kind of smells of the 'burnt electronics' smell. I'm thinking the 'imminent collapsing sensation' I was getting when I intended to use the rice cooker was a warning, lol. I've learned it's a good idea to heed warnings, just that I'm not always talented in interpreting them when someone's not actually telling me, lol. Anyway, one side of the room generally doesn't seem to smell of it, so there's a chance I might not smell it.

Anyway, 10:14 p.m., not feeling sleepy. Haven't been sleepy since 2 p.m.; closing my eyes, I feel vaguely/subtly tired. Seems like the varicose veins in my feet have significantly improved (much lighter/less noticeable) in appearance; might be due to increased nutrition, calm or physical activity. Blood pressure: 130/67, 71 BPM. Seems to likely indicate blood glucose from the meal peaking.

Anyway, back to this morning. So after the simultaneous pain in my lower back(I never have back pain there) and some pain streaming down my left tricep into my pinky/ring finger, I got up and started walking. Anyway, I could feel my heart 'jiggle' or do something in there. It wasn't an ordinary "I can feel my hearbeat" kind of way, I could literally sense its shape/contours as it was doing whatever it was doing in my chest. I can't just /will/ that sensation into existence, lol, and it's definitely not a common experience - even the sensation of a 'heavy heart' as I ran back in the navy didn't seem to have that level of definition. I can try to elicit it as much as I can, and I can't reproduce that odd feeling by merely wanting to. Anyway, the "feels like I'm going to collapse" sensation was later that afternoon, and I drank some cocoa which helped noticeably, and it appeared like kinking back my head, and keeping it held back, after all the "leaning forward" sanding finally did the trick. I'm suspecting my head being forward might've been the root cause behind that very discomforting feeling (Forward neck angles definitely seem to cause significantly diminished cardiac output), though that doesn't seem to explain the simultaneous excess tiredness in my eyes but 'can't seem to sleep' in recent days. I'm not sure what would explain that, honestly; maybe hypoglycemia... but it seems kind of doubtful I was really hypoglycemic, night after night? My blood pressure readings never seemed to indicate hypoglycemia. If I was simply not getting enough sleep, I would normally expect getting sleepy/fatigued throughout the day and my body trying to catch up on the sleep like every 2 hours until it got satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back