foundingpower programmable bms

mucek said:
N4 is step down switcher. Power "logic" is to have step down to 6-7 V, then LDO to 5 V and another LDO from 5 to 3V3.

Usually problem is in one resistor (100R) close to it (may be on other side of PCB), which gets burned (should be replaced with 47R!). Other problem I noticed is bad diode on stepdown.

Regards,
Gregor
Thank you, Gregor.
What is the manufactures product number of N4 ? Also, what is the name of the 100 ohm resistor and is the diode D56 or D52?
Regards, Kev

Hi!

The problem is, that PCB on Vodka's images is older PCB revision and elements silkscreen markers doesn't match with new PCB anymore. I only have (and I have studied) new ones. Diodes are Schottky SMB size (near switcher coil), I don't think that exact model is important.

Regards,
Gregor

Hi Gregor,

What do you think the IC manufacturer's number for the step-down switcher would be? It measures 3mm by 3mm with "MKAE" and "SAYB" printed on it and has 8 legs.
Regards,
Kev

Yap, that's it ...

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 2,755
A short and dirty :) way to control bistable relay (relay, which only consumes power on state change) using "normal" relay control signal ... Did some thinking over that and this is, what came out: http://www.ecat.si/2015/08/bistable-relay-driver/

Regards,
Gregor

Does anyone have the latest software for this? Mine has been working fine, for a long time, but started sounding warning beeper and wont allow charging. My laptop that I used to use to connect to it died, so need to download it onto a new laptop.

TIA

Did you receive it sucessfully?

Regards,
g

The link is broken. I am looking for a good BMS for 20 and 22s batteries. Programmable would be good, but it is not really needed so long as the cells will balance at a SOC below 90%. Bluetooth read out of cells' SOC would be awesome. Can anyone tell me where to find this?

Hi!

smartBMS as described is no longer avalible due to production issue (Foundingpower company was closed a while ago) and I now work with another BMS from Slovenian company Emsiso (also I did part of development) with similar options (actually far more) and price (without VAT) of 400 EUR + 60 EUR for Bluetooth addon (HW+SW).

Similar functions:
- 24 S
- Fully programmable

New features regarding to smartBMS:
- Higher balancing current (0,5 A vs. 0,2 A), cooling through aluminium casing, which is supposed to be mounted on some metal area.
- Two communication outputs (RS232), one for computer (programming etc.), one (galvanic isolated!) for streaming data (to motor computer or display)
- 30 A charging relay, 12 V/500 mA output to control external charging relay (in case of higher charging currents)
- 5 A ignition out output to control discharge power relay (shuts down when undervoltage or other error condition)
- Analog output 0-10 VDC, which directly corresponds with SOC (0V = 0%, 10V = 100%; i.e. 5V = 50%)
- Advanced balancing algorithm
- Auto charging re-start in case of BMS overtemperature or overvoltage (smartBMS stopped charging and waited the charger to be disconnected)
- Way more programming options
- Completely new written BMS application (Android) with several advanced functions, such as efficency display (kWh/100km), kWh counter, power/efficiency graph for last 10 minutes etc. Still under heavy development, but usable already ... (using every day, which means I add some stuff every day as well, as I remember of something ;) )
- More rugged device

However, new BMS doesn't come with equipment, so you have to get locally:
- hall current probe (I reccoment LEM, see HASS datahseet)
- connectors (MOLEX, you can get them from old computer power supplies as well)
- temperature probes (10k NTC)
(I am thinking of creating a "set" of those components, but don't have one yet)

Regards,
Gregor

p.s. I really have to kick myself in the butt and finally put this on webpage ;)
p.p.s. Main screen is from my Smart Fortwo, now running electric! :) (18S Kokam 200 Ah cells + 15 kW asynchronous motor, running up to 25 kW in peaks)

Attachments

• Manual-bms2405.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
  • Datasheet-bms2405.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • hass_e_rev14.pdf
    408.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 2016-08-25 08.25.53.jpg
    2016-08-25 08.25.53.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 2,360
XLR8 said:
Today I received a LY.UCS-BMS 4-24S. I ordered it on 22/10/2012, they sent it 3 days later which is what they said they would do and it only took 5 days to get here in Brisbane.
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

They forgot to send the software so I have sent off an email for it.

Hi I have one of these BMS's on my bike battery but somehow it went bang today and a component started smoking on the main PCB!!!!

Am I able to get a replacement kit or has it all been updated and there is something newer out there

My battery is a18s
Battery type: Lifepo4 A123
Charge voltage: 65.7
Charge current: 10amps

TIA

Mark

Hi! I replied you via email. Check and let me know ...

P.s. new app is developing fast ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-12-08-11-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-12-08-11-39.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,262
  • Screenshot_2016-10-12-08-11-27.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-12-08-11-27.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,262
Not sure if anyone looks here anymore but I don't suppose any one has a circuit diagram for small control boards that had 2 MOSFETs on it? As something has failed where the charger won't kick in when it should

Tia

Mark

Hello,
i dont know if somebody could help me , but i need the software for the foundingpower bms for pc , i have an customer with this bms and i dont get the software anywhere , would be very happy if someone could help

thanks

Back