Help me write the ES wiki https://endless-sphere.com/w

Lock said:
liveforphysics said:
etc etc etc At least 20 more topics would be needed.
Stupid Laws
Conspiracy Theories
Fast buck artists
False Advertizing
The Sex Life of ebikers

tks
10Ck

LOL

Like Peukert's Law.
Conspiracy theories like the e-bike motor was orignally Tesla invention buried by the Yugoslavian Communists to slow down development in the West in the 1940's? All those secret papers confiscated by the OSS(FBI) and then ended up with a Yugoslavian descendant of the greatest electrical engineer in the world. (lol tinfoil hat is on :} )

Explain how most gas scooter and now e-bike dealers appear and then disappear and the market forces driving their appearance and closure like the circus across the globe?
Explain how your e-bike kit from China is more than a box of parts that don't fit together due to bad tolerances and crappy grade 5 fasteners.

ptd said:
TylerDurden said:
When creating reference documents, observe the difference between a FAQ and a tutorial (or article).
They have been confused on this bbs far too many times by well-intended, but misinformed or pedantic authors.
maybe the FAQ's could just point to the tutorials. and speaking of tutorials, is it possible to view a thread, but only the op's posts ? might make for a really quick way to view a build's progression, almost like an instructable. ok, i now see how you can sort by author, but in a 50 page post, it's still a bit of a pain.

Well, here's my contribution to the e-bike community. I helped a local Anglican church sell about 300 e-bikes from China.
My background was a Senior Field Engineer who worked on some of the latest technology at Intel, Tektronix, Freightliner, and some software development engineers. QA was fun, getting paid to write complaints about vague manuals and instructions from developers in the manuals.
I did 7 years of bench electronic repair at the component level and 15 years as a contractor.
Ecomopeds we called them. They came in the box partially assembled. The last remaining 8 bikes and some parts bikes were sold to a youth ministry in San Diego.
I made a Youtube channel and a generic e-bike manual with straight up advise and some great tips. I focused on the do-this and don't do that and here is why topics. I assumed that most people knew basic mechanical assembly talents. So I focused on operational and usage tips to prevent warranty repairs and rework out of warranty.
I didn't do a great job on pictures in the manual, deliberately, as the owner of the church business was extorting more labor and time in exchange for free rent, and then put me on the street with 6 months rent due to me as per an agreement. He complained about the manual, and my retort was that it's hard to publish e-documents online when I have no internet access, power, and being homeless. >-:
Come to find out the deacon was using the e-bike revenue to build his retirement house instead of helping the community. If you assume that making $200k in three years on 50% retail products, and only tossing a few burritos to the homeless in the local park, "community service".

Unboxing, assembling, demo rides of 450W 58V and 60V e-bikes in videos.
All free, common public domain released videos and documents.

Youtube channel TheMechanator -https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMechanator
Generic e-bike manual with some really good maintenance advise- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UbEU_f0GvGVDB1ZUVvcnBWdmM/edit?pli=1

Questions? Comments? PM me.

Can't figure out how to insert this into the Wiki, but the site Electricbike.com has a page that seems to be non-lithium flavor-specific "Electric Bike Lithium Battery Primer":
https://www.electricbike.com/lithium-battery/

... watt may be of interest to some?
Tks
L

adam0702 said:
Lock.. gotta give it a true forum feel right?

Hehe... "true forum feel"? Care to define please?

^^ Binky bink?

Hehe... Watts Russian for TWIT?

(Giggle Translate:) обалдуй

a Newbie section could be set up explain eBike theory in a fun easy to understand format with bonus content from the early history of electric bikes up to kit choices and application.

next a amateur section with the more in depth information that has maintenance and install content with tips for safe riding and ebike tuning

Im a Newbie so thats as far as my insight goes ..

Alright, so how far are we yet? Is there already some link to the wiki? Can I help with writing articles of how to build / weld a battery even when it´s already finished? I will have plenty of time after June 2018 to spend on writing professional articles about that stuff I have learned in the past few years^^

-Cheers and happy new year guys. God pless you and your crazy ass ebikes for the upcoming year :wink: :p
Elias

:? There's several links just in this thread.

I'd guess that as usual you haven't read the thread before asking. I do recommend that you read the existing wiki articles about whatever subject you're going to write about, before writing a new one--that way you can add to or edit the existing one to update the information already there.

One is on this page, several are on the previous page.

Not sure why there's no links in the first two pages, though.

Perhaps a moderator or the OP could add one to the first post. ;)

DasDouble said:
Alright, so how far are we yet? Is there already some link to the wiki? Can I help with writing articles of how to build / weld a battery even when it´s already finished? I will have plenty of time after June 2018 to spend on writing professional articles about that stuff I have learned in the past few years^^

-Cheers and happy new year guys. God pless you and your crazy ass ebikes for the upcoming year :wink: :p
Elias

PM if you'd like a walk-through, I created https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Electric_Motor_Selection, happy to advise in Deutsch oder Englisch :D

And Happy New year all!

Back