Samsung 30Q INR18650-30Q 3000mah 15a cell

Ohbse said:
I have had good experience with "Shenzhen E-fire Technology Development Co.,LTD"

In fact I am just about to purchase 1500 more Samsung 30q's. $3.4usd/cell, $225 shipping to NZ. Sea shipping so can order up to 5k cells for same money.

Thanks for the info Ohbse, I have just contacted "Shenzhen E-fire Technology Development" for info,....so i presume you have tested these cells before??

Do you build Packs ?

EDIT: Just recieved quote from "Shenzhen E-fire Technology Development",.. for 100 cells ,..would be 4.20/ cell :shock:

randyc1 said:
Ohbse said:
I have had good experience with "Shenzhen E-fire Technology Development Co.,LTD"

In fact I am just about to purchase 1500 more Samsung 30q's. $3.4usd/cell, $225 shipping to NZ. Sea shipping so can order up to 5k cells for same money.

Thanks for the info Ohbse, I have just contacted "Shenzhen E-fire Technology Development" for info,....so i presume you have tested these cells before??

Do you build Packs ?

EDIT: Just recieved quote from "Shenzhen E-fire Technology Development",.. for 100 cells ,..would be 4.20/ cell :shock:

Yes I have built a number of packs and am looking at building a few more for sale locally to offset my own cell costs (next pack is ~5kwh - expensive). I've bought several times from this company and others I have recommended use them have had very good experiences. All cells are definitely legitimate and very professionally packaged, declared and communication is very good. My first pack of LG HE4 cells is still going on daily basis, now with ~500 cycles, around 15,000km still with vast majority of its original capacity. If you are european based I would recommend nkon for the sorts of cell volumes you're looking for.

randyc1 said:
Ohbse said:

Do you build Packs ?

Given your good experience so far with the Model S cells - why risk going to china and pay more?!? :)

Was thinking of getting some extra amps for dead starts and going uphill on my longboard??

Won't i have less Voltage sag also with these high output cells ?

Yep, you will get a bit more power per cell/less sag on the 30Q and 25R's etc compared to Tesla cells

Another option is to just make a bigger pack - add another cell in parallel.
And upgrade to a good field oriented controller and you can get more power per amp as well from the motor.

How is the life cycle of the 30Q compared to the 25R ?

Will the Coulombic efficiency decrease more rapidly on the higher capacity 30Q ?

riba2233 said:
It should be similar.
What do you think about this quote about a similar cell :

"The trouble with HG2 cells is they are more tightly wound and the coulombic efficiency will decrease more rapidly than a similar cell with a Lower capacity like the HE4 or HE2. This is only a problem if driving the cells hard in a small pack."

Im looking to score some more 30Q's 8)

Has anyone found a seller of good/genuine cells for price below 3.5usd?

ridethelightning said:
Im looking to score some more 30Q's 8)

Has anyone found a seller of good/genuine cells for price below 3.5usd?

"Shenzhen E-fire Technology Development" has agreed to sell me 100 for 3.40/cell ?, i have not bought yet though.

ok, cool ohbse has suggested them too. did they give any idea of the shipping price, shipping method, declarations ect?

ridethelightning said:
ok, cool ohbse has suggested them too. did they give any idea of the shipping price, shipping method, declarations ect?

shipping is around 1.00/cell , they can lower sale value for customs&taxes to.

So the cheapest for 30Q's right now is about $4.40 per cell shipped right now...?

Dunno what postage to the U.S. would be, but they're $3.85 each from NKON: https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/18650-size/samsung-inr-18650-30q-3000mah.html

I can't see them being more than the $4.40 quoted with postage and unlike China supply you know they'll be genuine...

okashira said:
So the cheapest for 30Q's right now is about $4.40 per cell shipped right now...?

The price i got was 3.40/cell for 100 cells , then there is shipping and fees to take care of ?

My large order I placed with Ms Little Bear from Shenzen E-fire technology Development Co Ltd arrived, cleared customs without issue and after I paid the exorbitant local port fees I picked them up from the logistics company.

I ordered 1500 30q cells, 2kg of 260mm wide 0.2mm thick nickel sheet, 400 modular cell spacers, 200 dual cell plastic cases for shipping pairs of cells, a spot welder wand for use on my own mosfet welder, samples of a 2 and 4 cell Nitecore chargers and some sample HG2 cells to compare to the Samsung's.

Effectively my total cost for just the 30Q cells works out to be exactly $4USD with cells in hand, all fees paid.

Thanks for posting Ohbse.

will be keen to hear how the first tests on cells go.

The 0.2mm Ni sheet sounds great too. ill contact them to see if they will sell me some.

Ohbse said:
My large order I placed with Ms Little Bear from Shenzen E-fire technology Development Co Ltd arrived, cleared customs without issue and after I paid the exorbitant local port fees I picked them up from the logistics company.

I ordered 1500 30q cells, 2kg of 260mm wide 0.2mm thick nickel sheet, 400 modular cell spacers, 200 dual cell plastic cases for shipping pairs of cells, a spot welder wand for use on my own mosfet welder, samples of a 2 and 4 cell Nitecore chargers and some sample HG2 cells to compare to the Samsung's.

Effectively my total cost for just the 30Q cells works out to be exactly $4USD with cells in hand, all fees paid.
Good info. Thanks.

just some random info here:
I had a mishap with a 22s12p30Q pack that slowly discharged to ~26v while i was on holiday..long story, but was connected to controller.
Im not sure exactly how long it was over discharged for, it could be ~2 months.

after recharging the pack cell by cell with hyperion balance charger to ~2.5v,(most cells started @~1.3v, some as low as 0.8v)then up to full voltage with the adaptto at low charge rate, I was surprised to see the pack staying balanced after sitting for 1 week, at ~0.018v difference.

Then took the pack for a test run, strapped externally to a cargo bike (so I could ditch it if it started burning) with controller set to max 70A, speeds @50-70kph.

there was still very little voltage sag, like ~1v sag for the pack at full power. I did some pretty serious highway riding , id say aprox 40km with some large hills.
When I decided to swap packs it was @ ~75v resting, slightly out of balance at~0.040v but not to shabby really.

just thought id share this, looks like the cells are quite durable when it comes to discharge abuse.
I guesse time will tell if they have greatly reduced cycle life, and internal short down the track is not something im rulling out either.

is their any news on a new update to the 30Q , like a 32 or 35q ? its been out for some time now.

hey ohbse
did you get any results from the HG2 testing
im trying to decide whether to buy 30qs or hg2s
30q are a touch cheaper and have slightly less IR...
but the hg2s have double the cycle life to 80% capacity...this is all com ig from the mfr data sheets.
im leaning towards the hg2 but I know that the 30qs have been proven in the field
hmmm decisions

Back