QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

DasDouble said:
Some bad new: :(
My motor is squeaking again. Now after leaving my bike two weeks in my house without moving the wheel I have to "refill" the motor with this stuff I was talking about in my previous post, which name I have forgotten. Well.. Now I have to refill this motor every single day. Otherwise I would have to hear all time this high sounding squeaking.. :O :(
Anyone know how to solve this problem 100%? 

I remember last time, our engineer told me change the oil seal could help.

Best Regards

litespeed said:
Just have to say how much fun the QS 205 3.5T/ MaxE controller set up is. Completely quiet, all I hear is my Shinko 241's and wind.

I'm waiting till I get some ferrofluid and Sketch's heat sinks to really turn up the power but just under 11 KW is just freaking awesome.

The motor has not even hit 180 degrees yet (peaked at 175) and that was riding pretty aggressively up to about 50 mph.

Super cool is all I can say!

Tom

Thank you for sharing, Tom.
Please take care of the motor temp.
QS Motor could work 120 ℃ in half an hour without damage.
Suggestion (Setting of Controller)
When it's 130 ℃ inside of motor (in 30s), the current should be limited 50%.
When it's 150 ℃, the controller shut down. When it drop down to 110℃, the controller work again.

Btw., could you please advise the setting of the controller?

Best Regards

QS,

I'm not even close to those temps, I'm in the USA and these are Fahrenheit not Celsius! I have my MaxE kicking the amps back at 250 degrees Fahrenheit which is close to the 120 you suggest.

I'm hoping that with the Hubsink and ferrofluid I'll never, ever get close to those temps.

Great motor though!

Tom

litespeed said:
QS,

I'm not even close to those temps, I'm in the USA and these are Fahrenheit not Celsius! I have my MaxE kicking the amps back at 250 degrees Fahrenheit which is close to the 120 you suggest.

I'm hoping that with the Hubsink and ferrofluid I'll never, ever get close to those temps.

Great motor though!

Tom

Thank u for yr kindly information and well noted. :)
Then it will be ok, have fun!

Best Wishes

I received a 205 H50 V3 30*4 T this week

Good communication, good packaging. Happy with this purchase. Now let's see how it will run.

I laced it today in a 24 X 65mm bicycle rim with 14 Ga DT Swiss spokes and rim washers, to replace the fried Cromotor V2 on my street bike.

Should be a tad faster, and sure able to take higher Amps. The motor is wider, it's gonna need some work on my torque plates and spacing the brake bracket. Maybe riding tomorrow, I will report.

MadRhino said:
I received a 205 H50 V3 30*4 T this week

Good communication, good packaging. Happy with this purchase. Now let's see how it will run.

I laced it today in a 24 X 65mm bicycle rim with 14 Ga DT Swiss spokes and rim washers, to replace the fried Cromotor V2 on my street bike.

Should be a tad faster, and sure able to take higher Amps. The motor is wider, it's gonna need some work on my torque plates and spacing the brake bracket. Maybe riding tomorrow, I will report.

Thank you for your support.
Btw., may I know the PI number of the 205 50H V3 30*4T Motor?

Best Regards

QSMOTOR said:
?
Sorry Vito, I don't understand your question. Please precise.

Update:

Instead of doing a mod on my torque plates and brake mount, I did the mod on the motor for that was an easier work. 2 simple steps, needing a hacksaw and file. On the freewheel side, cutting 0.25" off the freewheel threaded mount, to fit the freewheel as close as it can be from the cover. On the disc side, cutting the extension of the axle shoulder that was meant to fit the small torque plate included. This is making the 205 fitting the exact dimensions of my Cromotor V2, Once installed the error was less than 1mm off my brake mount that was easily adjusted since my caliper is a post mount. The wheel is on and ready to ride, and I should find the time to replace the connectors tonight.

MadRhino said:
QSMOTOR said:
?
Sorry Vito, I don't understand your question. Please precise.

Update:

Instead of doing a mod on my torque plates and brake mount, I did the mod on the motor for that was an easier work. 2 simple steps, needing a hacksaw and file. On the freewheel side, cutting 0.25" off the freewheel threaded mount, to fit the freewheel as close as it can be from the cover. On the disc side, cutting the extension of the axle shoulder that was meant to fit the small torque plate included. This is making the 205 fitting the exact dimensions of my Cromotor V2, Once installed the error was less than 1mm off my brake mount that was easily adjusted since my caliper is a post mount. The wheel is on and ready to ride, and I should find the time to replace the connectors tonight.

No problem, forget it.
And thank you for your updates! : )

Best Wishes

Motor spinning violently smooth and silent, with my bad ass upgraded 18 X 4110 square wave controller. Performance tests tonight, and complete bike checkup if I have the time. Probably leaving my huge dirt bike off the street tomorrow, and start using the street bike again to commute. 8)

Big black hands and big white smile. :D

Bike tuned, controller/motor tuned. Started beating it already. Better acceleration than I had with the Cromotor V2. Higher Kv pulling harder on my controller that is getting warm quicker. Yet I believe it is within its reliability range. Absolutely no cogging nor harmonic noise, a nice buzz that is making me confident that it's not gonna develop much noise with age. Haven't checked the top speed yet, but looking like it's gonna beat the 73 Mph that I was doing with the Cromotor. Feels good to trade the dirt bike for a smoother ride.

MadRhino said:
Big black hands and big white smile. :D

Bike tuned, controller/motor tuned. Started beating it already. Better acceleration than I had with the Cromotor V2. Higher Kv pulling harder on my controller that is getting warm quicker. Yet I believe it is within its reliability range. Absolutely no cogging nor harmonic noise, a nice buzz that is making me confident that it's not gonna develop much noise with age. Haven't checked the top speed yet, but looking like it's gonna beat the 73 Mph that I was doing with the Cromotor. Feels good to trade the dirt bike for a smoother ride.

Thank you for your kindly updates! : )

Best Wishes

Can some one with a 273 -- 40h model measure the '' arrowed in pic'' shaft diameter just to confirm , it looks like 16mm, but a confirmed measurement would help me design my droupouts.

Attachments

• 273.jpg
    273.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 5,432
Well i found out the dimension arrowed is 16 mm so this concern's me before ordering, ist a bad design for the 273 Axel the 205 has a wider shoulder to clamp onto. but this is a 273 at 5.4kg heavier and most importantly has a over 100 nm :shock: more torque.
A redesign of the axle is needed

If you make up your own axle look for the thread on an axle design for a cromotor. They come up with a pretty nice design and a much stronger one then the cromotor had. Maybe you can get some ideas from that thread.

I did not check the drawings, but from memory... I recall the 273 had a 18mm axle when I planned the torque plates for my Fat Boy. Or did QS change the motor design ?

MadRhino many models of 273.. is yours a 273 --45h, if so qs state its 14.. but the 205 x 50 is 10 x16mm the model im talking about is spoked 273 x40 with 12 x16 axel. hope vito will push for a redesign.

I asked about this a while ago. From memory they did not want to remove any more material from the axle (going from 12 to 10 mm flats) for fear of snapping the axles). If they were to redesign it, they should also make the freewheel a british thread instead of metric

Hey quokka Imo this motor deserves a custom clamping droupout so the 12mm between the flat im ok with , they could even go to 18 if they wanted .
Green arrowed in digram is what they have done in 205 x 50 v3 a simple shoulder not hard to do ...way better ,They could use the whole axel diametre before the step to the threaded section and instead of 4mm depth in diagram go to a min of 10mm depth. = 2 wins big increase in clamping surface area and axel strenth where most axels break.... do this on both sides if possible for the win.

Attachments

• axel.PNG
    axel.PNG
    80.7 KB · Views: 5,290
Must admit, i am thinking of seeing if someone locally could modify the axle to get it down to 10mm. If they made it 10mm flats from the factory they would sell loads of these

Already One 273 has been reported in my build thread has a broken axel, As you said qs wouldnt weaken the axel further from 12mm for you, for obvious reasons, and atm its one of the worst nm to axel strenth ratios,
thats why im pushing for a redesign, better to get a strong axel from a manufacturer then its easier / cheaper to mod a droupout. Im Talking to them atm on this.

Big axle is a blessing if you are into making torque.

VOTOL is developing intelligent anti-theft device.
It include One button engine satrt, handle lock, Cushion Lock for normal function (suit for other controller).
For Extra with APP on IOS, it could connect with VOTOL controller for more functions.
Remote Control, Speedometer, GPS, Vechile Condition, etc.

For details, refer to below introduction.
View attachment Intelligent anti-theft device Introduction 防盗器介绍.pdf

Here is some picture of APP (in chinese only so far).
View attachment 42.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg

Video
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972&p=1231911#p1231911
Picture
14705800_1758938841031735_1935455944822450944_n.jpg

14650242_1758938727698413_7004883902985550444_n.jpg

14716182_1758938837698402_5962492573835822214_n.jpg

Best Regards

thank you..."funny pics" would be helpfull if you want to sell to the rest of the world when this is minimum in english.

can you translate what we can see there? AND are the app in multilanguage?

Back