Controller Randomly Decided to Cutoff Throttle >83.5V

Tkseward

10 mW
I now can not fully charge my batteries up to 84V with my chargers because my Speed Controller I got from LA EBIKE:
EDGE 3000W Sinewave Controller 18 Mosfet
https://laebike.com/collections/controllers/products/edge-stage-one-controller

Decided to just randomly cutoff power to the throttle with any voltage above 83.5V. For a solid month and about 10 battery cycles I have had zero issues with the battery being charged to around 84V. Now this controller will not work with any battery I have (I have 3 74V batteries, 1x 10AH, 1x 20AH, and 1x 30AH).. All of them work fine on my other setup with a Sabvoton Controller, but this controller from LA Ebike is acting up. I have no way of programming this random controller either to see what is going on.

So when the batteries are fully charged I have to wait for the battery to naturally self discharge for hours before I can use it. once it gets close to 83.5V like around 83.6-7V I can hold the throttle wide open for a few minutes and the bike will jolt forward and start to work fine.. This has been a progressive issue and it was noticibly happening slowly over time. This speed controller is garbage imo and you should not buy it. LAEBIKE has been little help to solve the possible issue and just told me
everything I sell here is like a science experiment.. you never know what is going to happen..

RAD...

Could be bad capacitors--if they're not really made for the high voltages (despite whatever label they have), or are just crappy, they could have degraded and be unable to filter spikes, causing controller errors and shutdown.

Or the input voltage regulator could be not designed for such high voltages (despite whatever label the controller has printed), or just crappy, it could be failing in some way at the higher voltages; again degraded over time from heat/etc.

BTW, your subject line says your problem is at *less than* 83.5v, (<83.5V) but your message text says it's above that, so you might want to fix one or the other to match whichever the actual problem is. ;)

yeah I dont know how to write greater than signs.. i even looked it up.. i even watched a song.. still got it wrong lol.. thanks

Back