CHEAP NEW ORIGINAL 18650 21700 BATTERY CELLS, POUCHES AND PACKS

Jnice said:
Highly Recommend Michal's Great work and Quality Cells. Packaging was fantastic. The shipping time to New Zealand was just under 4 weeks.
Wow, really ?? Presumably that was air and not sea shipping ?
I had an order to Australia shipped out in 2.5 months ago that still hasn't arrived!

Hyena said:
I had an order to Australia shipped out in 2.5 months ago that still hasn't arrived!
Not uncommon from my experience.
I recently had an order from NKON take over 2 months and 15 annoyed emails from me before it arrived with NiMh labelling after being stuck in Singapore most of the time. :roll:

Cheers

Hyena said:
Jnice said:
Highly Recommend Michal's Great work and Quality Cells. Packaging was fantastic. The shipping time to New Zealand was just under 4 weeks.
I'm making a pack up for another person who had his cells arrive in about three weeks (via sea). My own cells took about 80 days.

flangefrog said:
Hyena said:
Jnice said:
I'm making a pack up for another person who had his cells arrive in about three weeks (via sea). My own cells took about 80 days.

I'm pretty sure these would have been by sea, I've found it extremely difficult to purchase cells shipped by air to New Zealand. I've read a lot get turned back as well. I to was surprised at the speedy delivery. a lot could depend on the freight forwarding company used and what else is being sent and to where. i could have got lucky.

parabellum said:
Does anyone know what chemistry LG MG1 cell is? Yes I tried googling and have data sheets, no mention about specific chemistry. :? They are 3.62V nominal by data sheet, if it helps.

LG INR-18650-MG1
So its INR not NCA
https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/18880255-battery-chemistry-finally-explained

markz said:
parabellum said:
Does anyone know what chemistry LG MG1 cell is? Yes I tried googling and have data sheets, no mention about specific chemistry. :? They are 3.62V nominal by data sheet, if it helps.

LG INR-18650-MG1
So its INR not NCA
https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/18880255-battery-chemistry-finally-explained

I don't believe this blog, I mean Samsung surely has NCA cells marked with INR, so why wouldn't LG? Although MG1, based on capacity, could be either NMC or NCA. But MH1 and MJ1 must be NCA.

markz said:
LG INR-18650-MG1
Did you see any official source naming them like that?
I could find few "Data sheets" of unknown precedence, but they refer to the cell as LG 18650 MG1. Did see INR prefix only in some unofficial seller sites and forums but it could have spread just from 1 single misunderstanding.
I hate mystery. :)

riba2233 said:
markz said:
parabellum said:

LG INR-18650-MG1
So its INR not NCA

I don't believe this blog, I mean Samsung surely has NCA cells marked with INR, so why wouldn't LG? Although MG1, based on capacity, could be either NMC or NCA. But MH1 and MJ1 must be NCA.

I could very well be mistaken then.

parabellum "Did you see any official source naming them like that? "
No I did not see any official source. I just assumed, so more then likely I am totally wrong...... yet again.

riba2233 said:
markz said:
parabellum said:
LG INR-18650-MG1
So its INR not NCA
Earlier this Batterybro blogpost said INR was the same as NCA in the table at the top, while further down in the description of each chemistry instead it said INR was the same as NMC. So they didn't even agree with themselves what chemistry INR actually was, as the content of this blogpost was contradicting itself.

I know this because I actually emailed them a couple of times with a few months in between pointing this out, without them doing anything about it at the time, or even bothering to reply. The last email I sent was in April 2016. But apparently now they have finally changed their article to at least not contradict itself.
Here's what I wrote in the email to them:
1) In the table at the top it lists INR as being the same as NCA.
But further down the article it says that INR is the same as NMC instead (look for the “INR - NMC - Lithium manganese nickel” headline.
2) NMC stands for “lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide”, not just “lithium nickel manganese” as it says in your table. The “CoO2” part in LiNiMnCoO2 stands for “cobalt oxide”. For other chemistries you have listed the full name in the table including the cobalt oxide part, so I think you should do this for the NMC chemistry as well.

But I agree that Samsung INR cells are NCA chemistry, so the blogpost is still not correct on this matter, unless the Samsung datasheets are stating a wrong chemistry, but I doubt that.
For example the Samsung SDI INR18650-25R datasheet clearly states this battery has NCA chemistry: https://www.powerstream.com/p/INR18650-25R-datasheet.pdf
However this Samsung 25R cell is listed as an example as an INR - NMC cell in the blogpost.

Not sure if any INR cells are actually NMC cells, does anyone have any example of NMC chemistry cells makred as INR? Any datasheet references or other documentation?

Did anyone order from Canada and had it arrive, safely? Tumich wrote that he can only ship untracked at my responsibility, so I wonder if people took the risks and got it successfully.
Thanks

Yes I have read people are getting their batteries from Canada and the USA. I believe the average time is 1 to 2 months. Its cheaper shipping that way.

methyl said:
Did anyone order from Canada and had it arrive, safely? Tumich wrote that he can only ship untracked at my responsibility, so I wonder if people took the risks and got it successfully.
Thanks

All parcels are with tracking, just Canada don't accept parcels with full insurance. That is why.

I ordered from tumich last year and no problems. It's up to you if you want to take the risk of shipping without insurance as stated clearly.

Hyena wrote:

Jnice wrote:

I had an order to Australia shipped out in 2.5 months ago that still hasn't arrived!...

Sea freight times are totally dependant on "consolidated" freight timing and which ship departure that may catch and any container transshipment movements.
it doesnt take many days of bad weather, port delays, quarantine, etc etc, to make the difference of many weeks for package transit times.
Mine took 90 days to Sydney

I ordered about 450 cells. By the time they got here, both boxes looked like bags (had to ship in two boxes due to the number of cells). One "box-turned-bag" ripped open and about 20 of the 450 cells were missing. Not enough to go through the brain damage of filing a claim with the shipping company but just worth noting. It seems that the box was opened (probably by customs or some other inspection authority) and they did a shit job taping it back together, thus compromising the box structure. From there, it got torn/punctured and the loose cells must have started falling out. I might need to grab a few more to finish my second pack.

BTW, the tear didn't appear to be Tumich's fault so I didn't even bother him with it. Just note that anything can happen after some hack in an inspection department uses a piece of scotch tape and bubble gum to reseal your precious goods.

Mammalian04 said:
I ordered about 450 cells. By the time they got here, both boxes looked like bags (had to ship in two boxes due to the number of cells). One "box-turned-bag" ripped open and about 20 of the 450 cells were missing. Not enough to go through the brain damage of filing a claim with the shipping company but just worth noting. It seems that the box was opened (probably by customs or some other inspection authority) and they did a shit job taping it back together, thus compromising the box structure. From there, it got torn/punctured and the loose cells must have started falling out. I might need to grab a few more to finish my second pack.

BTW, the tear didn't appear to be Tumich's fault so I didn't even bother him with it. Just note that anything can happen after some hack in an inspection department uses a piece of scotch tape and bubble gum to reseal your precious goods.

That's not good news. Last time mine came through fine from the port on the East coast all the way to Alaska, but I just ordered 360 more. Hope mine fair better than yours. Sorry to hear that.

Mammalian04 said:

Government numbnuts are the stupidest people around.

Mammalian04 said:

You should write me about it. Parcel was full insured.

Mammalian04 said:

Had the exact same thing happen about two months ago, package was mutilated, cut open, taped up, and 12 cells missing. Though no fault of tumich, he took care of it anyway!

tumich said:
Mammalian04 said:

You should write me about it. Parcel was full insured.

Hi Tumich, I sent the photos to your email. Didn't mean to cause extra work on your part. I just wanted others to know that no matter how well we think we package something, overseas shipping is often subject to some guy with a box cutter!

Back