Westart 20AH pouch cell

Yet ~nobody seems to make a finished product (kits-cells/case/charger etc.) which reflect these bold claims?

(edit, as you were on the above. I missed that it was graphene (? - dunno), not lifepo4)

still, re lifepo4:
they charge at a wimpy .2 or .4c, and output at 2c max usually

I cant help thinking those dopes are being over protective re longevity of the battery. the cells can do 3c but we are restricted to 2c e.g. more worried about warranty than performance.

frankly, i dont give a damn if i drop 500 of my rated 2000 lifetime charges due to fast charging when it suits me.

pushing the boundaries a bit can save many from some kilos of onboard battery weight and cost.

Thats just how it seems to this casual observer of the market.

Just quick glance at discharge curves,
A123 cells have MUCH flatter discharge curves.
Of course A123 is LiFePo , those are not, NMC???

miro13car said:
Just quick glance at discharge curves,
A123 cells have MUCH flatter discharge curves.
Of course A123 is LiFePo , those are not, NMC???

I dont really get it either, but they are pouch construction, which i like a lot- simple and huge, flexible cells vs cannister

i need to bone up on graphene to have any opinion it seems.

What are the tabs as A123 has one aluminum and one copper and can't be easily welded. I bolt mine together and works great and can exchange cells if needed. If 25.00 a cell I'm interested. Cycles 5,000 ??? What plus that 5 looks different.

999zip999 said:
What are the tabs as A123 has one aluminum and one copper and can't be easily welded. I bolt mine together and works great and can exchange cells if needed. If 25.00 a cell I'm interested. Cycles 5,000 ??? What plus that 5 looks different.

me too-$300 for 12 cells, 20 amps 36v seems pretty fair, under 450 one hopes delivered in a case in OZ, is about the right money for lesser ifepo4s.

i think 15 amp would do me tho.

but what is the verdict on graphene guys, its new to me?

Hello Guys,

this Company is one of the best.
Actually I am running their Cobaltium 20AH cells for the last year and the quality is exceptional.
I draw about 70A the most of the time till the cells will be 3V and after one year of hard use they haven't lost any capacity.
I've installed them into my new flux beta and they still run like brand new!
I am planning to buy their new Graphene cells as they support fast charge, longer cycle life and they are smaller.
Someone said they are at the market for the last 8 years, They don't know what they say, this is a very new chemistry.
after a serious research and many tests with other cells those are the best I've found at the best price.

Ioannis

999zip999 said:
Can somebody find a price ?

I received this quotation:
NCM cell: 3.7V30Ah: US$32.4/set.
Graphene cell: 3.7V20Ah: US$23.6/set.

Which means 292 $/kWh for NCM and 319 $/kWh for graphene.

is there something wrong with their lifecycles chart... 400, 600, 800, 1000, 2000 in equal increments?? typo? i.e 1200??
It's look a little "invented".... First interval is 400, next ones are 200, then it's 1000.... :?

Anyway I read a paper about NCM being capable of 4000 cycles.

NCM cells have also 180-200 Wh/kg (these cells: 205 Wh/kg) and 400 Wh/L.

Summary:
1/2 cost of LiFePO4
2x life vs LiFePO4
2x Wh/kg LiFePO4

It's like saying 1/4 lifetime cost or 4x lifetime (*) vs LiFePO4 for a smaller and lighter battery. :D

Anyway beware of ready-made "batteries" offered by Westart! They do not look like batteries at all... They look like just groups of cells enclosed in plastic and connected to a BMS. They're very far to be acceptable as automotive batteries, which must sustain strong accelerations and vibratrions for years.

(*) In terms of total kWh delivered during lifetime.

Hello guys!

After the big success of their cobaltium cells I've decided this time to build a smaller battery pack with 10AH graphene cells for my second small ebike I have it just for fun.
(I wanted something lighter for small rides mostly for ladies). I couldn't solder the tabs this time because one of the poles is made by aluminium so I had to use small screws, later on I've found out that you can order the cells with different metal in order to be able to solder them properly.
I am really impressed with the results, battery pack is connected with an unlocked adaptto mini-e controller, I draw about 100A this is about 6kw of power from this little baby!
I attach some photos and a video.

20161008_170949_small.jpg
View attachment 4
20161010_074156_small.jpg
20161011_080102_small.jpg
20161011_080153_small.jpg
20161013_202659_small.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPWesnkex3k

So how much for the 10ah cells they have 20ah ? Price and link. Looks good what size is it ?
The link above worked. What is the tab material. I don't mind walking the tabs together with aluminum blocks in between.
What you're watching the u.s. election in the background I would have to turn off the TV myself.

Haha you know how euronews channel is, they change subject every two minutes. I Don't like to watch US election either.
So you can speak with Mrs. Kelly to give you a quotation for the cells u want plus shipping cost to your country.
Yes they have 20ah graphene cells also (They are capable of 200A continuous!)You can find the sizes of the cells at their website.

Welcome to E.S. look forward for tech information and talk. My A123 20ah pack has copper and aluminum tabs, I just bolted tabs Between aluminum and plastic blocks. 950 cycles great for a bike. As a vendor don't post price here Only in for sale thread or mods could lock these thread up. Pm my with price if you can.

Hillhater said:
cycleops612 said:
westartbattery said:
the positive tab material is aluminum, the negative tabe material is copper.

do you understand that "grephene" is not correct english spelling?
..and can you spell it correctly in Chinese ? :wink:

yus bit ut mite meen lost sayles to them einstein. Can u say "search string?"

Its a forum , ( with a crap search function at that !)......not the Oxford English Dictionary, Battery definitions sub section !
For someone using english as a second ( or maybe 3rd or 5th language). I recon Westart was doing pretty good . :roll:

Hillhater said:
Its a forum , ( with a crap search function at that !)......not the Oxford English Dictionary, Battery definitions sub section !
For someone using english as a second ( or maybe 3rd or 5th language). I recon Westart was doing pretty good . :roll:

what on earth has this forums search engine anything to do with?

do you really think having the key word for his product misspelled is not going to risk missed hits from searches generally? Astonishing. Good day sir.

Back