15/18F Silent Controller 36-150V BT-iOS-Android/GPS-$179-199

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
ridethelightning   1 MW

1 MW

Re: 18F Silent Controller 36-150V VAR.REGEN/BT Progrm/GPS-$1

Post by ridethelightning » Oct 10 2016 8:19pm

this is awesome.

masagero   1 W

1 W

Post by masagero » Oct 11 2016 12:45am

where can I download?

Merlin   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Merlin » Oct 12 2016 4:18am

so it has allready a bt dongle "inside"?
and is it a speed throttle or a torque one?

Powervelocity.com   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 12 2016 11:34am

Yes, we have been installing BT inside for the most part with just a single wire going out for antenna extension. reduces the amount of wires outside, makes builds cleaner. However, outside placement is possible as well.
It's not toque control just yet, but we are looking into adding such option.
Merlin wrote:so it has allready a bt dongle "inside"?
and is it a speed throttle or a torque one?

Merlin   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Merlin » Oct 12 2016 12:11pm

- Sinewave
- Torque Throttle
- Variable eBrake
- BT + working Software

if you reach that target you will be the next "lyen" on es ;)

a real adaptto killer ;)

iam keen to test one. with a ca i have good experiences to setup "like" a torque throttle because the Kelly KLS series had also no TRQ Mode/Throttle.
(beside other issues with this kelly crap i swapped it out for a adaptto)

are they any differences to your 12fet model or is it just the price?
have you 12 fet in stock?

if i use a 3-speed switch is there the same lag of throttle response with lower profiles compared to the xie chang controllers? (lyen stuff)
i probably buyed about 40 controllers from lyen early years and they all had this problem......if you set them to 10% 60% and 120%
the lower position one worked so far with low power but the throttle response also decreased unacceptable (to me)
theres also a plus of responseness from 100 to 120% setting. Good for drifting but really bad to handle above 8-9-10kw of power.
zombiesss build a throttle tamer for it. (i have no more because i never thought going back to xie chang stuff :P )

so i want to ask first :)

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 12 2016 3:44pm

Well, don't mean to kill anything. I think each product has its niche. So far, however, I do believe that our controllers with all the features we've developed and keep on developing will offer unmatched value for the price. I have been looking for BT programming functionality on a sinewave controller for a long while until gave up and developed it myself.

The difference between 12F and 18F are mostly in the amount of current they can handle. Yes, I do have stock of both and, by the way, some other options will be available pretty soon.

I think I know what you mean in regards to three position switch. That is the dead band that you are getting from the throttle if switch is limiting anywhere below 100%.
This controller has both speed/voltage based and current/torque based limiting for the 3 position switch. For the reason you are mentioning, I recommend to use current limiting and leave all the speed selections at 100%. In fact, I've excluded speed-based configurability from the smartphone app and left only current/torque based one. That eliminates the throttle dead band and actually allows you to make start as smooth or as violent as you want with just a flip of the switch and all throttle band is still utilized. Combine that with the ability to program on the go while sitting on the bike, and you can fine tune these settings exactly the way you want them without much of a hassle.

Merlin wrote:- Sinewave
- Torque Throttle
- Variable eBrake
- BT + working Software

if you reach that target you will be the next "lyen" on es ;)

a real adaptto killer ;)

iam keen to test one. with a ca i have good experiences to setup "like" a torque throttle because the Kelly KLS series had also no TRQ Mode/Throttle.
(beside other issues with this kelly crap i swapped it out for a adaptto)

are they any differences to your 12fet model or is it just the price?
have you 12 fet in stock?

if i use a 3-speed switch is there the same lag of throttle response with lower profiles compared to the xie chang controllers? (lyen stuff)
i probably buyed about 40 controllers from lyen early years and they all had this problem......if you set them to 10% 60% and 120%
the lower position one worked so far with low power but the throttle response also decreased unacceptable (to me)
theres also a plus of responseness from 100 to 120% setting. Good for drifting but really bad to handle above 8-9-10kw of power.
zombiesss build a throttle tamer for it. (i have no more because i never thought going back to xie chang stuff :P )

so i want to ask first :)

drewjet   10 kW

10 kW

Post by drewjet » Oct 14 2016 4:42pm

How can the reverse be enabled?

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 14 2016 8:17pm

Just wire X3 pin on the board outside of the controller together with ground. Shorting it to the ground will enable reverse. The max reverse speed can be configured in the app.
10-14-2016 6-10-06 PM.jpg
10-14-2016 6-10-06 PM.jpg (48.68 KiB) Viewed 3160 times

drewjet wrote:How can the reverse be enabled?

FluxZoom   100 W

100 W

Post by FluxZoom » Oct 16 2016 11:21pm

Is the variable regenerative braking out of beta?

redline2097   100 W

100 W

Post by redline2097 » Oct 17 2016 6:14am

Is there any ETA for Torque Throttle mode? If I buy controller now can it later be added with firmware upgrade to controller?

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 17 2016 11:13am

No ETA at the moment. It can't be added just via a firmware upgrade as it requires additional hardware components.
redline2097 wrote:Is there any ETA for Torque Throttle mode? If I buy controller now can it later be added with firmware upgrade to controller?

redline2097   100 W

100 W

Post by redline2097 » Oct 18 2016 4:25am

Do you have any 3-speed throttle with cruise available and can I custom tune different amps for every speed mode?

If you don't have any, is this compatible: http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route= ... duct_id=94 ?

Highfreak   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Highfreak » Oct 19 2016 4:53pm

If due to some malfunction of the rev switch or wiring, is there any safety features to prevent rev activation while traveling forward. If this has been addressed earlier I apologize because I was skipping around the thread.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 19 2016 5:25pm

Under rev. switch, I suppose, you mean a throttle?

All controllers have a programmable function that cuts out the load if controller turns on with the throttle fully open. Kind of a safety feature.
However, regardless of any safety features on any type of a controller, I would highly recommend to have a main fuse and a power kill switch within an arm reach.

Liion batteries pack a lot of energy in a small space and release of that energy in a short period of time can be spectacular if not deadly.
Highfreak wrote:If due to some malfunction of the rev switch or wiring, is there any safety features to prevent rev activation while traveling forward. If this has been addressed earlier I apologize because I was skipping around the thread.

Highfreak   10 mW

10 mW

Re: 18F Sine/Silent Controller 36-150V Bluetooth/GPS alarm-$

Post by Highfreak » Oct 20 2016 5:29pm

[quote][/quote]I was referring to the reverse function. I gathered from what I was reading that a switch would be used to activate this. I was wondering if there was any protection from this activating while driving forward in case of driver error or malfunction of the switch or wiring?

Highfreak   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Highfreak » Oct 20 2016 5:38pm

I was referring to the reverse function. I gathered from what I was reading that a switch would be used to activate this. I was wondering if there was any protection from this activating while driving forward in case of driver error or malfunction of the switch or wiring?[/quote]
All controllers have a programmable function that cuts out the load if controller turns on with the throttle fully open. Kind of a safety feature.
However, regardless of any safety features on any type of a controller, I would highly recommend to have a main fuse and a power kill switch within an arm reach.

Liion batteries pack a lot of energy in a small space and release of that energy in a short period of time can be spectacular if not deadly.

Still Learning how to post quotes.

Highfreak wrote:
If due to some malfunction of the rev switch or wiring, is there any safety features to prevent rev activation while traveling forward. If this has been addressed earlier I apologize because I was skipping around the thread.

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 20 2016 6:49pm

Hmm, that's a good question. If I had to install a reverse switch on my bike, I would make sure that it's not super easy to accidentally activate. Like in example below.
I have to test if reverse can be activated at the full forward speed. That can be disastrous if it ever happens but thankfully there is a very little reason to have reverse on ebikes. Makes sense on trikes, quads, and such. Will post my test result.
launch_button.jpg
launch_button.jpg (8.08 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
Highfreak wrote:I was referring to the reverse function. I gathered from what I was reading that a switch would be used to activate this. I was wondering if there was any protection from this activating while driving forward in case of driver error or malfunction of the switch or wiring?

Still Learning how to post quotes.

Highfreak wrote:
If due to some malfunction of the rev switch or wiring, is there any safety features to prevent rev activation while traveling forward. If this has been addressed earlier I apologize because I was skipping around the thread.[/quote]

silence   10 W

10 W

Post by silence » Oct 20 2016 7:33pm

Powervelocity.com wrote:...thankfully there is a very little reason to have reverse on ebikes.

For non-freewheeling motors like DD hubs for sure.
However, this could be useful for 2-speed retro-direct drives for example.
These systems typically have 2 freewheels - one for each direction - so reversing the motor only changes "gear".
Or for ventilated and/or fan equipped freewheeling motor which you can spin backwards during traffic stops for faster cooling.

Highfreak   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Highfreak » Oct 20 2016 8:07pm

That's what I am building, a badass delta trike and plan on having 2wd rear. Two Qs hub motors 205, or 273. Yes It could get ugly if malfunction human or electrical occurs. :shock: Therefore I will be interested in 2 controllers and would like to know if they play nice together with 1 throttle??

10 kW

Post by Powervelocity.com » Oct 20 2016 9:32pm

Yes, They will work fine on a single throttle in xWD setups.
Highfreak wrote:That's what I am building, a badass delta trike and plan on having 2wd rear. Two Qs hub motors 205, or 273. Yes It could get ugly if malfunction human or electrical occurs. :shock: Therefore I will be interested in 2 controllers and would like to know if they play nice together with 1 throttle??

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Oct 21 2016 2:19pm

Highfreak it sounds full leather full face helmet , roll cage with wheelie bars. For real.
Vadeun , Please send paypal invoice. No freewheel no Go.

Highfreak   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Highfreak » Oct 24 2016 3:15am

1)If I am using 2 of these controllers, is there any chance I can use 1 CA V3 for both controllers? I suspect I cannot, so therefore I probably should not use just one on one controller due to the modified signal one controller will be getting, causing the 2 motors to be out of sync. I will be using one 100.8v (HOC) 46 AH battery for both controllers so the HVC and LVC should not be an issue. 2)And how does the 3 speed switch fit into this wiring scenario? Well what do you think?