Viewing post history: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

Postby LewTwo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:52 pm

In a few weeks I am going to rework this the power system on this bike so I want update to the current "as built".
First of all I got tired of dealing with the 1-1/8 adapter. I got suckered into the fad. I installed a standard 1" long neck steel stem and turned it around backwards for a more comfortable riding position.
Stem (799).JPG
Stem (799).JPG (90.09 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
The bag is now bolted to the stem via an 1" Aluminum clamp. These are VERY handy little clamps (takes 5mm bolts).
Clamp 1Inch No2 Black(400).jpg
Clamp 1Inch No2 Black(400).jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
The plexiglass stiffening bar inside the bag broke. It was replaced with a piece of 1/2x1/2 aluminum angle. The motor controller is bolted to the bar via one of the through bolts. I also added another grommet to pass the wires through.
Bag_inside (799).JPG
Bag_inside (799).JPG (85.17 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

The seat was replaced with one salvaged from a Schwinn bicycle ... needed something a bit more comfortable.
Rack2.JPG
Rack2.JPG (112.56 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
I do not always want to drag the Travoy around but I did need something to carry things around so I broke down and installed a light weight aluminum rack. As the frame had NO provisions for a rack I used "D" clamps around the seat stays at both top and bottom. Then I mounted the overpriced Travoy hitch to the rack so that I could lower the seat back down where it belongs.
Rack1.JPG
Rack1.JPG (76.7 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Rack4.JPG
Rack4.JPG (77.17 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Rack3.JPG
Rack3.JPG (116.94 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

For version two I intend to:
Relocate battery to underneath rear rack
Provision for GM 36Vx12Ahr rack mount battery on top of rack (when extended range is needed)
Replace controller with Grin Tech Phaserunner (i want to try various setting on the motor) Ultimately I will probably use a EMV3V programmable controller.
Add Cycle Analyst V 2.4 (stem mounted) so I can evaluate the controller changes.
Edited by LewTwo on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:56 pm.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Original post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

Postby LewTwo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:52 pm

In a few weeks I am going to rework this the power system on this bike so I want update to the current "as built".
First of all I got tired of dealing with the 1-1/8 adapter. I got suckered into the fad. I installed a standard 1" long neck steel stem and turned around backwards for a more comfortable riding position.
Stem (799).JPG
The bag is now bolt to the stem via an 1" Aluminum clamp. These are VERY handy little clamps (takes 5mm bolts).
Clamp 1Inch No2 Black(400).jpg
The plexiglass stiffening bar inside the bag broke. It was replaced with a piece of 1/2x1/2 aluminum angle. The motor controller is also bolted to it via on of the attachment bolts. I also added another grommet to pass the wires through.
Bag_inside (799).JPG

The seat was replaced with one salvaged from a Schwinn bicycle ... needed something a bit more comfortable.
Rack2.JPG
I do not always want to drag the Travoy around but I did need something to carry things around so I broke down and installed a light weight aluminum rack. As the frame had NO provisions for a rack I used "D" clamps around the seat stays at both top and bottom. Then I mounted the overpriced Travoy hitch to the rack so that I could lower the seat back down where it belongs.
Rack1.JPG
Rack4.JPG
Rack3.JPG

For version two I intend to:
Relocate battery to underneath rear rack
Provision for GM 36Vx12Ahr rack mount battery on top of rack (when extended range is needed)
Replace controller with Grin Tech Phaserunner (i want to try various setting on the motor) Ultimately I will probably use a EMV3V programmable controller.
Add Cycle Analyst V 2.4 (stem mounted) so I can evaluate the controller changes.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Return to E-Bike Photos & Video