ENDUROEBIKE.COM

Hey Guys Been a while. Im having some problems with my controller cable using XPD now that i have upgraded to Windows 10. Com Port does not seem to register the Controller Cable,also under USB-to-Serial Comm Port properties(Com7): Device Status "This device cannot start (Code 10)"

Would be grateful for some help guys !

Thanks Coop

CooperAndromeda said:
Hey Guys Been a while. Im having some problems with my controller cable using XPD now that i have upgraded to Windows 10. Com Port does not seem to register the Controller Cable,also under USB-to-Serial Comm Port properties(Com7): Device Status "This device cannot start (Code 10)"

Would be grateful for some help guys !

Thanks Coop
well try to rollback the driver and choose the '07 version, by bringing up properties choose roll back driver, select from your local pc files, not the internet search, and it'll offer you a choice, pick the 07 driver and it should now work and recognize it

Hello all! Michael here in North Carolina. I have read this forum a few times and watch most, if not all, of your videos. I'm about to pull the trigger on an Adrenaline!
Question: so stock, out of the box, with the 5000w hub motor and 72v26Ah battery what kind of torque does it have?
And now that you guys have had time to experiment, what are your CA settings as far as amp max draw, phase amps, etc.?
I've ridden dirt bikes and mountain bikes most of my life and this thing looks to be the perfect cross between the two (especially for a 54 year old that still rides dirt).
How is it on trails? Most of the videos are of bike paths, sidewalks and street. What's it like in the woods?!?

Andy, how's the new battery working out?

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can share.

Michael

hello people!

haven't checked in for a while. life has been busy for the last few months.......

my e-bike has a serious problem and i CANNOT fix it.

it all powers up fine but will not move.

ive tried a new controller, a new throttle, new switches still to no avail. i suspected the motor. so i metered it out and all seems fine.

i used my friends identical enduro and plugged his controller into my motor and it span up fine. i then used my ebike plugged into his motor which span up fine!? wtf ?

i live in ruislip west london. i have a van and can travel. if anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. i honestly have no idea on how to fix it ??

HELP

Hey mate, don't worry I reckon it's gotta be wiring or something like that if the individual components are all working.

Have you got a multimeter, I would start by checking voltage from the battery to the controller to make sure it's getting to the controller first.

Also Does your cycle analyst power up? <edit> just re read and looks like it does.

Other things to check, whether brake lever switches are shorted as that Inhibits the motor.

Andy

andyjk said:
Hey mate, don't worry I reckon it's gotta be wiring or something like that if the individual components are all working.

Have you got a multimeter, I would start by checking voltage from the battery to the controller to make sure it's getting to the controller first.

Also Does your cycle analyst power up? <edit> just re read and looks like it does.

Other things to check, whether brake lever switches are shorted as that Inhibits the motor.

Andy

hey andy, yeah i suspected the same but i have metered out everything, i have tried with and without the ebrake connected (i ran my ebrake through the switch on the handlebars as i have upgraded to hydraulic 4 pot hopes)

cycle analyst powers up fine. upon first connecting the controller its like i get a very slight jerk then nothing ? thats a good idea to check for a short on the ebrake wires. i have only tried with them connected or not connected. maybe something along the wiring is snagged. as i have fitted new switch.

so gutted. i miss my ebike. its not like a car where you can just take it in somewhere. i would luv to be able to drop it off and pick it up fixed lol.

Yes mate I feel your pain. I would miss mine too if it wasn't working. I'm addicted to mine!!! Fortunately I built mine up from all the parts individually so it helps me fix stuff when something goes wrong.

The thing is... these bikes aren't too complicated, does your throttle run through the cycle analyst? If so try connecting the throttle directly to the controller to see if it works then, I had issues running my throttle through the CA so I just went direct to the controller and removed the throttle wire at the CA connector.

You could double check all the connectors on the cycle analyst to make sure they are making connection properly, maybe some water got in to those connectors?

Whilst testing try to keep it as simple as possible:

Battery - speed controller & throttle - motor

I think if the ebrakes are disconnected then the controller won't be inhibited as all they do is just close a circuit.

Bottom line is all the components seem to work fine on their own so it MUST be connections or CA problem.

I'm sure we'll fix it bud.

andyjk said:
Yes mate I feel your pain. I would miss mine too if it wasn't working. I'm addicted to mine!!! Fortunately I built mine up from all the parts individually so it helps me fix stuff when something goes wrong.

The thing is... these bikes aren't too complicated, does your throttle run through the cycle analyst? If so try connecting the throttle directly to the controller to see if it works then, I had issues running my throttle through the CA so I just went direct to the controller and removed the throttle wire at the CA connector.

You could double check all the connectors on the cycle analyst to make sure they are making connection properly, maybe some water got in to those connectors?

Whilst testing try to keep it as simple as possible:

Battery - speed controller & throttle - motor

I think if the ebrakes are disconnected then the controller won't be inhibited as all they do is just close a circuit.

Bottom line is all the components seem to work fine on their own so it MUST be connections or CA problem.

I'm sure we'll fix it bud.

ive tried it without the cycle analyst even connected. the throttle runs through the controller not the cycle analyst.

and i used to be able to use the bike with no cycle analyst connected. i'm going to check for shorts tomorrow, if theres no shorts then i'm completely lost

I would literally pull everything out of the bike so you can physically see all the connections between each component.

The three position switch could be a candidate as well, if moisture gets in there.

What's weird is the motor jerking when you plug in the battery, that's not normal.

You said you've got a spare controller right?

hufstuf said:
Hello all! Michael here in North Carolina. I have read this forum a few times and watch most, if not all, of your videos. I'm about to pull the trigger on an Adrenaline!
Question: so stock, out of the box, with the 5000w hub motor and 72v26Ah battery what kind of torque does it have?
And now that you guys have had time to experiment, what are your CA settings as far as amp max draw, phase amps, etc.?
I've ridden dirt bikes and mountain bikes most of my life and this thing looks to be the perfect cross between the two (especially for a 54 year old that still rides dirt).
How is it on trails? Most of the videos are of bike paths, sidewalks and street. What's it like in the woods?!?

Andy, how's the new battery working out?

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can share.

Michael

Haven't measured the torque but it's got bags of it. I'm running max 120A battery current, it only peaks at this for second or two. The first tests of the battery proved that the BMS wasn't enough as it kept tripping out on high current, we weren't surprised as it was close to the peak rating of the BMS. I'm not a fan of any weak point in the power system and have had bad experiences with BMS' before so we removed the connection to the BMS on the battery discharge leads and replaced with a simple 150A fuse to allow unlimited current UP to the rating of the fuse. The battery is rated at 150A continuous so there's still room to play.

Now the peaks are 9kW, power feels insane at these levels and weight, it's just addictive!

Next up im going to try a Sabvoton sinewave controller to see if it improves the efficiency, it should make the drive a whole lot smoother vs. The Infineon/Lyen 18FET that's in there at the moment, although I do actually like the square wave "bark" sound of the Infineon... I'm definitely pushing it to its extreme limits though.

Also on order are the hope 4 Pot brakes that others have spoken highly of on here.

Anyways, here's another video about the battery which was built by Insat international in the U.K.

[youtube]x-DCIa7jFqY[/youtube]

ok people. have spent some time on the bike today.

I think i have found the problem. upon metering the phase wires i have continuity between the live on the controller and the blue phase wire.

according to this http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/BlownMosfets.pdf this indicates that the high side blue phase mosfet has blown.

My worry is that this is a new controller and never been working. could some other problem off caused this to blow ?

i have my old controller here aswell maybe i could swap out a mosfet ? but how to detect which one of the 6 has blown ?

help lol

Anyways, here's another video about the battery which was built by Insat international in the U.K.

how much was the battery bud ?

First I want to thank you guys (andyjk & quadfather especially) for sharing your experiences with the EEB. After reading this thread several times and watching your videos I pulled the trigger today and ordered my very own EnduroEBike!!

1. EEB Adrenaline - black
2. Panasonic 72v 35Ah battery
3. 5000W Hub motor
4. Infineon 18F4110 controller
5. CA v2.4
6. Rear wheel 19"
7. Front wheel change to 24"
8. Bicycle seat & Motocross seat
9. Rock Shox Domain fork and Kage shock
10. Avid BB7 203mm + regen brake
11. CA programming cable
12. Button (key?) and charge port on the top panel
13. EEB riser bar instead of Truvativ bar (taller riser bar)
14. Off-set seat post instead of straight seat post

I'll post pics once it arrives, hopefully before Christmas :D

UPDATE:
EEB sent this pic of my bike build in progress...
mmexport1478704857235.jpg

I'm wondering if I can migrate parts from my old bike straight to the new frame. Like Marzocchi Bomber Z1 fork and Saint Hollow Tech II cranks..
Does somebody have info on like steerer tube lenght and bottom bracket width?
It can take 135mm and 155mm rear hubs? Just by adding washers??

Hufstuf that looks superb, i bet you love it!

I fitted a Sabvoton some wave controller (also some hope 4 pot brakes and mudguards today) pictures coming up but meanwhile I'll leave you with this!

[youtube]X1q7t4sZfpo[/youtube]

Happy riding!

Andy

Hey Andy, it hasn't arrived yet. They sent pics of it being built.
Here's the last one they sent, finished, tested and ready to ship;
ReadyToShip.jpg
ReadyToShip_2.jpg
Hope to get it before Christmas!
Awesome power upgrade! So the hub motor will handle that much power?
What size is the crank? Looks like a new side stand as well?
When I get mine I'll have a question about disconnecting the brake lever regen and wiring it to the green button.
Looking forward to the new pics with the new farkles ;)

Ah yes that will be a great Christmas present!

Yes the hub can handle short bursts of that kind of power which is all you need. It's just warm to the touch after pretty hard riding...

Crank is a race face set with bearings. The side stand is from Vector Germany, its not really perfect as the travel is too far by it is still very sturdy.

Regarding the regen braking, if you change the brake levers to ones without switches like I've done (and Quadfather and many others here) all you've got to do is join both the brake switch wires at the controller end and connect them to an unused switch on the handlbars. If you use an on/off toggle switch This also adds a layer of safety because it will immobilise the bike whilst the powers on.

Im pretty sure ur rear caliper is not back far enough, and ur front mud guard is round wrong way,
How u find the brakes?

I would love to get a report on what speed , and how long it can ride the ... Tail of the Dragon ( Deals Gap )

That is a road that is on my Bucket List , and I want to do it on a e-bike at speeds , well you know what I am talking about.

hufstuf said:
First I want to thank you guys (andyjk & quadfather especially) for sharing your experiences with the EEB. After reading this thread several times and watching your videos I pulled the trigger today and ordered my very own EnduroEBike!!

1. EEB Adrenaline - black
2. Panasonic 72v 35Ah battery
3. 5000W Hub motor
4. Infineon 18F4110 controller
5. CA v2.4
6. Rear wheel 19"
7. Front wheel change to 24"
8. Bicycle seat & Motocross seat
9. Rock Shox Domain fork and Kage shock
10. Avid BB7 203mm + regen brake
11. CA programming cable
12. Button (key?) and charge port on the top panel
13. EEB riser bar instead of Truvativ bar (taller riser bar)
14. Off-set seat post instead of straight seat post

I'll post pics once it arrives, hopefully before Christmas :D

UPDATE:
EEB sent this pic of my bike build in progress...

ScooterMan101 said:
I would love to get a report on what speed , and how long it can ride the ... Tail of the Dragon ( Deals Gap )

That is a road that is on my Bucket List , and I want to do it on a e-bike at speeds , well you know what I am talking about.

ScooterMan101 - I'll definitely have a 'stock' performance report to post. The base line for upgrade reference. I've driven the dragon once, never had my motorcycle on it but the ebike idea sounds GREAT!! It's only 4 hrs from the house ; )

Jimboyr6 said:
Im pretty sure ur rear caliper is not back far enough, and ur front mud guard is round wrong way,
How u find the brakes?

Not sure... the brakes are working very well, it's no longer a kind of uncontrolled on/off feel that I was getting with the cable brakes (even though they did stop the bike) but the hopes are a powerful solid feeling brake. It inspires a lot more confidence to ride at speed. They are still bedding in but so far so good.

The acceleration on this thing is just addictive!

Back