Viewing post history: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

Postby LewTwo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:14 pm

chas58 wrote:nice bike. Reminds me of my 29b super commuter! Can't you putbigger tires on there? I like 32mm tires, but 28 is the biggest I can fit on my bike. Still, with 50% more volume than a 23mm tires, and the ability to easily run 80psi, you might find it addresses some of your shanking problems.

The ride quality problems I have are due to the quality (or lack there of) of the pavements that I ride on. I took another close look and I might be able to fit 32mm wide tires in the rear triangle but it would be a very close call. I chose the Red Label Thickslicks because they were the lightest tire that I could find. This was the only size they were available in at the time. I have seen them advertise/listed in 25 and 28 mm but I have never seen them 'in stock'. I have been very pleased with them. The replacement seat has resolved much of my personal ride quality problems but I still get home with half my eggs scrambled :(

chas58 wrote:I blew out two controllers in a bag years ago, before putting the controller out in the fresh air. That has worked fine since then.

I will be mounting the new controller directly to the steering stem and in the open air. However I made it all the way through a hot Houston summer without encountering any serious heat problems. Keep in mind that my longest rides have been less than 7 miles round trip with a stop in the middle to purchase groceries.

I like your tag line "25^3 bike: 25 lbs, 25 mph, 25 mile range". I am going for something like 25^2 bike: 25 mph, 25 mile range on my current build but I think the weight will be closer to 50 pounds.
Edited by LewTwo on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:23 pm.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Original post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike, Nine Months Later

Postby LewTwo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:14 pm

chas58 wrote:nice bike. Reminds me of my 29b super commuter! Can't you putbigger tires on there? I like 32mm tires, but 28 is the biggest I can fit on my bike. Still, with 50% more volume than a 23mm tires, and the ability to easily run 80psi, you might find it addresses some of your shanking problems.

The ride quality problems I have are due to the quality (or lack there of) of the pavements that I ride on. I took another close look and I might be able to fit 32mm wide tires in the rear triangle but it would be a very close call. I chose the Red Label Thickslicks because they were the lightest tire that I could find. This was the only size they were available in at the time. I have seen them advertise/listed in 35 and 288 mmm but I have never seen them 'in stock'. I have been very pleased with them. The replacement seat has resolved much of my personal ride quality problems but I still get home with half my eggs scrambled :(

I will be mounting the new controller directly to the steering stem and in the open air. However I made it all the way through a hot Houston summer without encountering any serious heat problems. Keep in mind that my longest rides have been less than 7 miles round trip with a stop in the middle to purchase groceries.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Return to E-Bike Photos & Video