JP spot welder

Great news riba!
I'm very satisfied with welder too but now the only thing that count is your health. ... than we will talk about your nice welder again :D

Very nice to hear that you're back to health.
I am also satisfied with the welding machine.

Sometimes it happens that the transistors shoot.
generally when the battery voltage drops below 12.5V
I use Yuasa 110Ah 900A + diode. Time set to 6-7ms nickel 0.18mm.
welding points are very good.
sometimes adheres to the positive electrode of nickel, the solution can be the use of molybdenum electrodes?

I greet all users JP Spot

Here's hoping riba will post all the information, so we can make our own, maybe modify it to have the diode on the PCB. Do group runs to PCB manufacturers, etc...

What has happened to this / to the builder-seller riba2233 ?

Is anyone selling the JP Spot Welder ?

if not,

Is there anyone in the U.S. ( North America ) selling one ?

and/or any plans on where to buy all the parts to build a spot welder ?

Thanks

jJWbrNV.jpg

it welds CR2032 as well :mrgreen:

riba2233 said:
Hi, a lot has happened to me lol

As I wrote few posts back, I'm not making and selling them anymore.

Riba,

I have spent about 120 hours building my JP spotwelder in a beautifull and powerfull project.

I now need the PIC to repair mine that is blown.. i dont want to bother you with that but you seem to be teh only person to be able to help me.... My welder have been waiting months now and it is useless without the PIC.

Could you do me a favor and send me one or two spare i will PAY$$ what it require but i really need that! I have many project that i planed to use it for that are also waiting.

Personally i get alot of request from various people from all around the world every week and i spend hiours of time to help them. I very rarely ask for help but now i need it.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Doc

Attachments

• 20160508_002150 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20160508_002150 (Personnalisé).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 3,883
  • 20160420_233719 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20160420_233719 (Personnalisé).jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 3,883
I'm about to program two of these PIC's for a special project. If Riba can''t or he prefers, I can send you a programmed one

If you install a socket for the PIC, it will never blow :wink: Some kind of reverse Murphy's Law corollary.

Finally got my spot welder up and running!
Now it is an issue of electrodes. Bought a 709A and made welding leads using the 709A tips. Well, after a few hundred welds, they are done.
Any recommendations on new electrodes? Is there a source for the ones used on Riba's unit?
Would any of these work?

http://sunstoneengineering.com/products/accessories/electrodes/

Thanks.

Picked up some 4, 6, and 8 gauge solid ground wire from the electrical supply store today. Maybe I can make some electrodes out of that....

riba2233 said:
Yeah doc sorry for the wait, please just PM me your address and you'll get it soon :)

Thanks all for your help offer :mrgreen: , I will contact Riba.

I'm interested too.

A while back I suggested the idea of licensing the design to somebody who wants to build and sell the boards and cut riba2233 in for a percentage of the profit. Even better if we can find people on both sides of the ocean.

Back