Jaguar iPace EV revealed + photos added

Hillhater

100 TW
Sydney ..(Hilly part !) .. Australia/ Down under !
...with a 90kWh .lithium-ion battery pack, Jaguar claims the I-Pace has a range of up to 500km.
Each axle is driven by a 147kW/350Nm electric motor, giving a total system output of 294kW and 700Nm along with a single-speed transmission sending drive to all-four wheels.

Jaguar claims the I-Pace can sprint from 0-60mph (0-96km/h) in ‘around 4.0 seconds’, a second quicker than the equivalent Tesla Model X 90D which also features a 90kWh battery pack..
........this isnt just a concept, its a preview of a five-seat production car that will be on the road in 2018. This will be Jaguar’s first-ever battery-powered electric vehicle and opens a new chapter in the history of our legendary brand,” he added.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/498649/jaguar-i-pace-concept-revealed-british-luxury-brand-readies-move-into-ev-arena/
images

screen%20shot%202016-11-14%20at%203.29.47%20pm.png

jaguar-i-pace-concept-inline1-photo-672665-s-original.jpg

Awesome to see Ford making a serious step toward EVs.

Gas is weak at low RPMs, and only "takes off" once the RPMs are up (Like a turbo civic, Luke?), and electric has massive torque available from one RPM up to 80%. Electric power tapers off as it nears it's highest RPM (top speed,in a one-speed system) but....that is not a bad thing.

Performance wise, you just can't beat AWD electric.

edit: why the hell are you up in the middle of the night? I have to be here for my job...

liveforphysics said:
Awesome to see Ford making a serious step toward EVs.

Jaguar Cars - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Jaguar_...
Jaguar (/ˈdʒæɡjuː.ər/ JAG-ew-ər) is the luxury vehicle brand of Jaguar Land Rover, a British multinational car manufacturer with its headquarters in Whitley, Coventry, England, owned by the Indian company Tata Motors since 2008.

I think, understandably, Jag enjoy greater autonomy and design freedom under TATA than they did under Ford.

The I-pace looks interesting but the spec and battery/drivetrain are strikingly similar to Tesla's. I don't think it's copying, just validates Tesla's design as being well-suited to the task.

..added images.
also, as more info slowly leaks out, ..
apparently Jaguar have a technical tie up with Panasonic... but..
the pack in the i-pace appears to have a pouch cell format as opposed to those of Tesla etc ?
and drive train technology is a derived from Jaguars Formula E race car developments with concentric motors and drive train
http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/news/2016/11/jaguar-reveals-i-pace-concept-electric-performance-suv
.. note for you guys in LA.. this is currently on display at the LA motor show.
cropthumbnail-jagipaceinfoconceptwhatliesbeneath141116-resize-1269x834-crop-1140x814.jpg

cropthumbnail-ipaceconcept20-resize-1281x842-crop-1140x814.jpg

apparently the Jag EV will be hitting the public roads later this year as production ramps up.
Tesla ..take note of how to style a EV please
jaguar-i-pace-red-side.jpg

jaguar-i-pace-2.jpg

https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/jaguar-i-pace-price-concept-price-specs-release-date-3271

Great to see some development in the pouch cell side of things - you could be forgiven for thinking the 18650 / 21700 cell is the only approach around.
Love the concentric motor-differential too. Chevy first used this in the Spark - very compact.

I read a lot, and I know this is unscientific, but...my informal polling indicates that every car manufacturer who adds an EV model to their line-up experiences a sudden boost in their reliability.

E-systems are fairly well-known, mature, and hard to screw up...any manufacturer who has developed a reputation for being unreliable will experience a definite boost in marque prestige as more of their EV models hit the road.

Let's see...Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Jaguar, Peugeot, Maserati, BMW, Volvo...

Hillhater said:
apparently the Jag EV will be hitting the public roads later this year as production ramps up.
Tesla ..take note of how to style a EV please

And BMW!

The Jag looks nice.

Back